Cory Booker Makes a Fool Out of Himself

Jerry Shugart

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., the self-proclaimed “Spartacus” of the United States Senate, is grandstanding like he wants to run for president in 2020. Probably because he wants to run for president in 2020.

Taking advantage of the television cameras present at Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing Thursday morning, Booker declared that he would violate Senate rules to release “damning” confidential documents that would derail Kavanaugh’s confirmation. He told his Senate colleagues that he understood there would be consequences for releasing “committee confidential” documents that are not supposed to be made public, as he cast himself as a hero. He characterized his decision to release the documents anyway as an act of “civil disobedience.”

“I knowingly violated the rules that were put forth,” Booker told Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. “If Sen. Cornyn believes I violated Senate rules, I openly invite and accept the consequences of my team releasing that email right now.”

“This is about the closest I’ll probably ever have in my life to an ‘I am Spartacus’ moment,” he added.

As it turns out, the documents “Spartacus” threatened to release at risk of expulsion from the U.S. Senate were already cleared for release Wednesday night, Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, tweeted.

We also read this:

A statement from former President George W. Bush’s records representative, Bill Burck, shows that the documents were cleared for release after Booker’s staff asked for them:

We cleared the documents last night shortly after Senator Booker's staff asked us to.​

Because of his lies Booker will now be the favorite to be the Dem's choice for President in 2020 because the Democratic Party is the party of Lawlessness!

https://www.conservativereview.com/...oment-dumbest-grandstanding-fail-of-all-time/