:cool:Here, In This Christian Forum, Most Would Say "I Believe God's Word!"

iamaberean

Most, if not all, will say that they do. I also think that you do. The problem comes because most have been taught by Pastors and/or teachers who are not allowed to teach anything that goes against the church doctrine. Is that wrong? Yes. If church doctrine is all you get, then you are getting nothing but doctrine. If their doctrine is correct, then you have no fear because you don't need to study. No, that's wrong, for God's word says:
2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Here is a quick study question. Is the following true?
Joh 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

It would be good for you to read all of John 8.

I really want your opinion, please.

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Joh 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I really want your opinion, please.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Greetings. On the specific question that you ask, we have no way of knowing if it be true or not.

I do find John Chapter 8 interesting, for the late addition to the text regarding the Woman taken in Adultery....and find it a very intriguing piece from a theological standpoint.

The rest of the chapter is quite a tangled theological mess in one sense as I see it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Most, if not all, will say that they do. I also think that you do. The problem comes because most have been taught by Pastors and/or teachers who are not allowed to teach anything that goes against the church doctrine. Is that wrong? Yes. If church doctrine is all you get, then you are getting nothing but doctrine. If their doctrine is correct, then you have no fear because you don't need to study. No, that's wrong, for God's word says:

By God's word, I'm assuming you mean bible. I don't necessarily agree with you on that point, nor do I necessarily believe it.

If something is God's Word, like....God's actual words.....then of course they would first be true. So, God's Word is something that is true. The bible is true, and also not true. So, I guess parts of it could be God's Word, but that wouldn't be something we'd actually be able to know as there are no original manuscripts of bible available for study.

The bible as it exists now has been edited at will over the centuries by unnamed editors, as John chapter 8 demonstrates. So, considering the Bible to be God's Word, and true is a matter of religious opinion and not fact. FWIW.

iamaberean

Do you believe that those Jesus was speaking to, were literal children of the devil?

Since I do, there has to be a father to these Jews that Jesus was speaking to. There is scripture that tells us who that is.

Mat_13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

If Cain was of the wicked one, who would be the mother? If the serpent wasn't a snake he had to be the wicked one!

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
beguiled in Hebrew
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Seed of the woman is 'her human child', seed of the wicked one is 'his human child', enmity is - positive, active, and typically mutual hatred or ill will.

Read about it:

Last edited:

6days

The bible as it exists now has been edited at will over the centuries by unnamed editors, as John chapter 8 demonstrates. So, considering the Bible to be God's Word, and true is a matter of religious opinion and not fact. FWIW.
The Bible "as it exists now" is an accurate portrayal of God's Word. We have thousands of ancient manuscripts from which our modern translations are derived. When there is a discrepancy between manuscripts, good study Bibles provide footnotes to alert you that doctrine should never be based on a single passage that is in question. We can be certain that our modern Bibles (Any major translation...top 20 or more)can be trusted as God's Word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I really want your opinion, please.
Do churches agree about what they are going to teach before they teach it?