Connecticut school cancels Muslim speaker after 'threatening' calls to teacher

rexlunae

What it says is that they wanted to teach people about the religion of islam, while it isnt ok in schools to teach about Christianity, and no it isnt in the op whether or not its proselytism.

It also doesn't say that they're going to be hung upside down by their toes, but I choose to assume that they won't do something like that because it would be wrong, and there's no reason to think that they would. Unless you're hysterically paranoid about Islam.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It also doesn't say that they're going to be hung upside down by their toes, but I choose to assume that they won't do something like that because it would be wrong, and there's no reason to think that they would. Unless you're hysterically paranoid about Islam.

The same could be said about the Atheists writing nearly every school in America if they even sense anything christian happening, right?

I thinks its hilarious that you think you can guilt me or make me feel weird about whats right. Keep doing it, its waking up America.

rexlunae

The same could be said about the Atheists writing nearly every school in America if they even sense anything christian happening, right?

I thinks its hilarious that you think you can guilt me or make me feel weird about whats right. Keep doing it, its waking up America.

If a Muslim coach lead their team in a public school in a Muslim prayer, would you be ok with that?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If a Muslim coach lead their team in a public school in a Muslim prayer, would you be ok with that?

Coach leading, no, student leading, yes. Coach participating in student led prayer, yes.

I believe in freedom of religion.

Now lets get back to the point, a public school having an islamist teach about islam is not ok, when its not ok for christianity to be taught by the school. Cant have it both ways.

rexlunae

Coach leading, no, student leading, yes. Coach participating in student led prayer, yes.

I believe in freedom of religion.

Great. Then we completely agree on that point. And I completely support the same were you to replace "Muslim" with "Christian". And that is completely allowed in public schools. That's freedom of religion. So there's no need to play the victim or pretend that it's unfair to Christians.

Now lets get back to the point, a public school having an islamist teach about islam is not ok, when its not ok for christianity to be taught by the school. Cant have it both ways.

The school can't advocate Christianity. But they can teach the facts about the religion, and they can bring in representatives of Christianity in circumstances just like this class describes. That's completely fair to do.

Why do you assume that you're the victim with no evidence?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Great. Then we completely agree on that point. And I completely support the same were you to replace "Muslim" with "Christian". And that is completely allowed in public schools. That's freedom of religion. So there's no need to play the victim or pretend that it's unfair to Christians.

The school can't advocate Christianity. But they can teach the facts about the religion, and they can bring in representatives of Christianity in circumstances just like this class describes. That's completely fair to do.

Why do you assume that you're the victim with no evidence?

Thats false, they cannot, and thats the point, and if they cannot do so with christianity, they cannot do so with islam.

How many recent links would you like where anything about Christianity cannot be presented by a public school?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's not false, but I agree that the rules have to be fair.

Just one would do it

School Orders Coaches to Stop Praying with Football Players

Keep in mind also, these are student led prayers and coaches are told they cannot participate.

Thats one for you. But ill give you even more:

Prayer of Thanks Removed From Elementary School’s Thanksgiving Program Following Complaint

Superintendent Apologizes After Student Prayer Group Halted by Principal

Judge Rules Against Christian Teacher Who Displayed Bible Verses in Classroom

I can post tons of others too and you know it.
Not only was it ruled he couldnt speak about his faith, bible verses were removed.

rexlunae

School Orders Coaches to Stop Praying with Football Players

Keep in mind also, these are student led prayers and coaches are told they cannot participate.

...because the coach is a government employee on work time. Allowing the coach to participate would entangle the government with the prayer and appear to be an endorsement. And the very fact that the order only applies to the coach implies that the students are left free to express their religion of their own accord.

Try again.

If this were a Muslim prayer, would you be ok with it?

The superintendent was wrong, and apologized. Presumably that means that the students will be free to hold their prayer group going forward.

Placing the Bible verses in the classroom puts them in a position of apparent endorsement. Obviously.

I can post tons of others too and you know it.
Not only was it ruled he couldnt speak about his faith, bible verses were removed.

Got any that are relevant?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
...because the coach is a government employee on work time. Allowing the coach to participate would entangle the government with the prayer and appear to be an endorsement. And the very fact that the order only applies to the coach implies that the students are left free to express their religion of their own accord.

Try again.

If this were a Muslim prayer, would you be ok with it?

The superintendent was wrong, and apologized. Presumably that means that the students will be free to hold their prayer group going forward.

Placing the Bible verses in the classroom puts them in a position of apparent endorsement. Obviously.

Got any that are relevant?

Those are all relevant, especially the first, if a teacher can have a muslim teach about islam to her class, the coach should be able to pray with the students who led a prayer.

Tinark

Connecticut school cancels Muslim speaker after 'threatening' calls to teacher

Question: Why would having a Muslim teacher explain the religion of Islam be OK in a school, but a christian pastor never be ok?

How can one be wrong under "congress shall make no law" like libbies love to quote to remove any semblance of Christianity, but are quick to support things like this?

Define the differences.

Where are you getting the idea that a christian pastor wouldn't be ok to give a talk about what christianity is in this social studies class as part of a series of speakers?

Perhaps you should reevaluate your beliefs and reexamine the fake news stories you've been reading in light of holding a patently false belief.

rexlunae

Those are all relevant, especially the first, if a teacher can have a muslim teach about islam to her class, the coach should be able to pray with the students who led a prayer.

I disagree, because the participation of the coach adds the appearance of the endorsement of the state, and the courts have generally sided with me, and this isn't a case of Islam being treated differently from Christianity. You simply haven't compared a similar situation.