ECT Co-operate with the Holy Spirit as He tries to make you holy

ZacharyB

Positional sanctification … “set apart” once for the Holy Spirit to work on
Progressive sanctification … during in the life-long sanctification process

• Holiness unto the Lord is what is “acceptable” to God
Romans 12:1-2 • “… present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service … that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Romans 15:16, NLT • “… so that I might present you as an acceptable offering to God,
made holy by the Holy Spirit.”
1 Peter 2:5 • “… you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house,
a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
Would you like to be acceptable to God? … The acceptable get accepted into heaven.

• Holiness unto the Lord is attained through the sanctification process
You were NOT made holy at the time you were indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 2:11 • “For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified
are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren”
Hebrews 10:14 • “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.”
2 Corinthians 2:15 • “For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.”

Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.
2 Corinthians 3:18 • “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.
2 Corinthians 7:1 • “Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”
Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

• Holiness unto the Lord is a choice to be fully sanctified by God’s Spirit
Romans 6:16-19 • “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness … so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.”
1 Peter 1:15-16 • “… but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, ‘Be holy, for I am holy.’ ”

• Holiness unto the Lord is possible only if your faith endures
Colossians 1: 22-23 • “… to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight, IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel …”

• Holiness unto the Lord – more verses
Revelation 20:6 • “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.”
Notice that he is part of the first resurrection because he is holy!

• Continual repentance is part of the sanctification process unto salvation!
2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT • “I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you, though I was sorry at first, for I know it was painful to you for a little while. Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.”
Here we see once again … Sin results in eternal death! … Yes, for believer also!
1 John 1:7-9, NLT • “But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin
… if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”

However, sincere repentance will surely lead to the elimination of all of our sins.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Positional sanctification … “set apart” once for the Holy Spirit to work on
Progressive sanctification … during in the life-long sanctification process

• Holiness unto the Lord is what is “acceptable” to God
Romans 12:1-2 • “… present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service … that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Romans 15:16, NLT • “… so that I might present you as an acceptable offering to God,
made holy by the Holy Spirit.”
1 Peter 2:5 • “… you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house,
a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
Would you like to be acceptable to God? … The acceptable get accepted into heaven.

• Holiness unto the Lord is attained through the sanctification process
You were NOT made holy at the time you were indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 2:11 • “For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified
are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren”
Hebrews 10:14 • “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.”
2 Corinthians 2:15 • “For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.”

Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.
2 Corinthians 3:18 • “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.
2 Corinthians 7:1 • “Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”
Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

• Holiness unto the Lord is a choice to be fully sanctified by God’s Spirit
Romans 6:16-19 • “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness … so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.”
1 Peter 1:15-16 • “… but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, ‘Be holy, for I am holy.’ ”

• Holiness unto the Lord is possible only if your faith endures
Colossians 1: 22-23 • “… to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight, IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel …”

• Holiness unto the Lord – more verses
Revelation 20:6 • “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.”
Notice that he is part of the first resurrection because he is holy!

• Continual repentance is part of the sanctification process unto salvation!
2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT • “I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you, though I was sorry at first, for I know it was painful to you for a little while. Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.”
Here we see once again … Sin results in eternal death! … Yes, for believer also!
1 John 1:7-9, NLT • “But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin
… if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”

However, sincere repentance will surely lead to the elimination of all of our sins.

Since when did God TRY to DO anything?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

ZacharyB

It's okay, true and faithful believers, to stand up for the truth.
What are you more concerned about ...
the praises from men, or the praises from God?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
It's okay, true and faithful believers, to stand up for the truth.
What are you more concerned about ...
the praises from men, or the praises from God?

Zach B,

You are correct in that.

I have expressed how it is dangerous to teach people to walk in their flesh on the continuing to sin thread, however, you have the right to teach as you wish.

Please, even if you dislike me, ask yourself if you are planting seeds that will grow into judgment of others or yourself by Moses.

Peace and Grace

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

ZacharyB

I have simply been called to point out of the many dire warnings
in the NT to believers in the churches (both in the NT and today).
That's all and nothing more!
Because the churches today are NOT doing it.

IMO, if one reconciles all of the NT, one sees:
True Saving Faith = belief-faith-trust-obedience!