Clarence Page: Who’s afraid of critical race theory? Those who don’t know what it is

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
@Lon

For example:

A furious anna angrily responds:

It's a way of distracting from the topic of conversation because then your opponent has to address your mischaracterization of their state of mind.
Classic trolling.

😂

First you tag Lon because backup, just like you do chrys, then you tell me I'm furious, which is - wait for it -"distracting from the topic of conversation because then your opponent has to address your mischaracterization of their state of mind."

I'm quite serene at the moment. Outside on a beautiful day, eating my lunch and watching my kitty laze in the sun. It's all good, and you can't touch that. :)

DakotaRose

No. I had to learn about it myself. No reason you can't do the same.

You don't have to read the links. You don't have to read me. Do whatever you like. 🤷‍♀️

Why would you "awful white racist Christian crazies" want to "use any word, have any art, sculpture, name, book, etc that is offensive or derogatory to other races?"

😂
1- You're the one accusing folks of not knowing what it is. Yet at the same time refusing to profess your own knowledge.

2- I'm fully aware of what CRT is. I've done my research from non-political sources. (i.e. I don't read the media or blogs, but actual documents being adopted by schools)

3- You accuse whites of whitewashing history but then say we shouldn't have any derogatory or offensive stuff. History is largely offensive. Learning about it is how we don't repeat it.

4- What about the images that offend or otherwise injure white Christians? Or just whites? Or just Christians? That's ok? Must be because I don't see anyone tearing down rainbow flags or upside down crosses or pentagrams or baphomet.

5- For all the wokeness, progressives certainly are blind.

Lon

Lon

It's American history traced through to today. Even the parts that make some Americans look bad.
Or just certain (and few) states? 🤔
How many white men died trying to keep black folks in slavery?
I'd thought it was for sedition, but at the very least, paints a good picture of 'some.' Who would need retraining and restructuring? Every U.S. city or just a few? Where would CRT 'need' to be taught? "Who" get's to decide? For what reasons? We'd assume to be equitable to all people, ignoring all color?

A point that 'might' make me racist: I appreciate AND celebrate that all men are created equal, but I don't believe that means 'equally.' I'll never be a sprinter. I wasn't made that way. No race needs to be fixed for Lon to be able to win one. I'm not just 'okay' with diversity, I insist on it: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. They are 'inalienable' and require that nobody else interfere 'if' they are actual rights inalienable.

I've a right to 'pursue' a sprinting medal all I like, but I'm not entitled to one. If I get one, I MUST earn it myself. A HUGE point: A medal isn't a necessity in my life, even if I wrongly misapprehend I deserve it (helps answer what we genuinely need to do/have, vs. what is frivolous).

It 'might' make me a racist if one understands that we 'help' others but don't owe them what is already inalienable other than ensuring they are intact.

CRT MUST go no further than simply ensuring inalienable rights or we lose our Republic Democracy.

Last edited:

marke

It's American history traced through to today. Even the parts that make some Americans look bad.

How many white men died trying to keep black folks in slavery?
There is no doubt that millions of poor people have a problem with poverty that clouds their judgments in matters related to human government. The US has made great strides towards unifying all races as we leave slavery behind, but people with bad judgment continue to drag up the slavery issue as if the fact of slavery of hundreds of years ago is responsible for the sufferings and poverty of blacks today. That is untrue, unfair, and unkind. White descendants of early Americans are no more racist than Japanese descendants of pre-WW2 ancestors. We are not seeing widespread Japanese hatred of Americans, nor are we seeing widespread White hatred of Americans. What we are seeing more commonly than not is Black and Muslim hatred of Americans, and Whites, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, or other nations are not to blame for that.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

There is no doubt that millions of poor people have a problem with poverty that clouds their judgments in matters related to human government. Th
It is a good talking point: What are 'we' entitled to have? Should we all 'have' to have jobs (the free market doesn't allow it, but I'm for affirmative action in government employment representatively as far as a good conscious effort is able). Should all have a house? Should all be able to live anywhere, in any state they like?

Then: What is required to ensure the above if they are 'rights?' I've a right to not be harassed in Little China (any given state) but I'd appreciate if they were being stolen from constantly from someone that looked like me all the time. Even if I had a 'right' to be in Little China, I'm not sure I need to push that fight, that hard. I 'could' certainly, but isn't part of that friction then on me whether I feel I'm right or wrong? Haven't I augmented and pushed the problem? Maybe I have a genuine 'need' to be in Chinatown. Perhaps I have work there. Would it behoove me to take an equitable job somewhere else, or do the oriental populace need 're-education' on how to discern the difference between me and those actually stealing and damaging their property? How am I to take "You, whitey! Go home!" from the shop-owner who has been hit the hardest and even though he knows I'm not the one, he is still rightfully mad, if however wrongly aimed?

I'm not sure I walk in another's shoes well, but I'd think this might be a part of CRT teaching, if it is responsible and careful to get another to think and maybe even equip them with viable, strong, and nurturing solutions. To me, the largest problem with all 'instruction' along this manner, is given to indoctrination, bias, misapprehension of key talking points, and guilt-education. "You BAD Whitey!" isn't much help. I seldom see threads or even news articles getting down to brass tacks on this level, where discussion MIGHT actually do some good.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There is no doubt that millions of poor people have a problem with poverty that clouds their judgments in matters related to human government.

You sure don't give millions of poor people credit for good judgment. Pretty broad brush there.

The US has made great strides towards unifying all races as we leave slavery behind, but people with bad judgment continue to drag up the slavery issue as if the fact of slavery of hundreds of years ago is responsible for the sufferings and poverty of blacks today. That is untrue, unfair, and unkind. White descendants of early Americans are no more racist than Japanese descendants of pre-WW2 ancestors. We are not seeing widespread Japanese hatred of Americans, nor are we seeing widespread White hatred of Americans. What we are seeing more commonly than not is Black and Muslim hatred of Americans, and Whites, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, or other nations are not to blame for that.

No, what we see more commonly than not is white rage because they're losing their social majority. It's on a steady slide and it ain't coming back. That scares a lot of them, thus the whole blood and soil, culture war, they're gonna take your bible and your confederate flag.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No, what we see more commonly than not is white rage because they're losing their social majority.
You keep saying this because you're told to see it, by the sources you trust to tell you what to think, the main stream media, social media, other leftists.

Those of us who aren't retards don't see it because it isn't there. White rage as you describe is, if it exists at all, virtually non existent, outside the fevered imaginations of retarded leftists like Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow.

Lon

They mean absolutely nothing to me. They were traitors. Their leaders should have been executed at the end of the war.
See this is where doser and I are different:
"They don't mean a lot to me, other than being wrong during history, because ... <ta da!> most of them are dead! (all of them, but who's counting?)"
Those who fly the confederate flag today may needed some CRT work, I've no idea who those people are... Well, and some rich people of course. They aren't always into equitable, being capitalists in good-standing...most people are for everyone getting a fair shake, as long as it is actually fair or equitable.