Clarence Page: Who’s afraid of critical race theory? Those who don’t know what it is

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Critical race theory explained:

... and its similarities with Aryan/Nazi racial theories and South African apartheid pointed out

Last edited:

Lon

1. Do you have some support for your assertion that CRT causes race-hate crimes? I'd be interested in seeing it.
You haven't been watching the news? I generally don't, but these are my only statistics given with those drawn conclusions. So no, I can't prove it. I do know we are a nation starkly divided and mostly because everybody is doubling down instead of looking for solutions 'for all.' That conversation isn't taking place very often.
2. Many Americans don't navigate through American society "the same" in a lot of ways, big and small. That's why this:

A National Bureau of Economic Research Paper shows that job applicants with white names had a 50% chance of getting a callback over those who had African-American names. That is, traditional white sounding names only had to send 10 resumes to get one callback, while those that didn’t had to send out 15 resumes per callback.
20 years ago. Such dated material doesn't address anything of change. Another consideration: many Asians in this country are also discriminated against by some but Asians hire Asians, Whites hire whites, Blacks do not hire blacks? I don't see 'equity' as starkly as others do.' There are other ways of looking at diversity in an equitable manner without being racist. It doesn't mean you aren't correct or this dated data wasn't true but there can be any number of reasons, besides race involved in hiring 'Debbie" over "Kenishwa." One might be simply because of what I have to pronounce on a daily basis. I'd say 'petty' but not racist for it.
I'm not a landlord. Could it be that particular causes more problems for them? I've been involved with one apartment and this was the case.
The landlord had a quiet black man move in afterwards into the same apartment. He is a great tenant.
It wasn't a "worthless piece." Or are you the one being "not nice" now?
What did you get from it? 🤔

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You haven't been watching the news?
I don't watch the news.
I generally don't, but these are my only statistics given with those drawn conclusions. So no, I can't prove it. I do know we are a nation starkly divided and mostly because everybody is doubling down instead of looking for solutions 'for all.' That conversation isn't taking place very often.

You made a bold statement:

"CRT is a 'philosophy.' That philosophy is pointed to education/re-education of American pupils to get them to think about 'race equity, race inequity, and race privilege.' More often than not, such 'education' is causing race-hate crimes"

but you have nothing to back it up. So, it's your opinion then.

Could it be that particular causes more problems for them? I've been involved with one apartment and this was the case.

By "that particular," do you mean being Black?

What did you get from it? 🤔

What you simply refuse to get from it: That an Alabama lawmaker wants to ban what he doesn't know anything about. Doesn't engender much trust in his ability as a lawmaker, does it?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... an Alabama lawmaker wants to ban what he doesn't know anything about ...
But that's not true. He knew a bit about it, just not the degree that YOU think he should

And if YOU don't have any confidence in his ability as a lawmaker?
Don't vote for him.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

I don't watch the news.

You made a bold statement:

"CRT is a 'philosophy.' That philosophy is pointed to education/re-education of American pupils to get them to think about 'race equity, race inequity, and race privilege.' More often than not, such 'education' is causing race-hate crimes"

but you have nothing to back it up. So, it's your opinion then.
And your choice what you want to believe : Plain: Should you even be in this thread?
By "that particular," do you mean being Black?
"Fill in the blank" Are you always this postured :plain: It is all tedious with you when you posture like this.
What you simply refuse to get from it: That an Alabama lawmaker wants to ban what he doesn't know anything about. Doesn't engender much trust in his ability as a lawmaker, does it?
He said why, he just didn't substantiate it for the interviewer. He told the guy why.

Lon

You don't write laws on "a bit."
The interviewer wasn't after anything of consequence.

Let's define what it is: Critical race theorists believe that racism is an everyday experience for most people of color, and that a large part of society has no interest in doing away with it because it benefits White elites. -Brittanica

Look at the loaded statement: It is exactly as the Alabama lawmaker said. The 'enlightened, woke' reporter didn't like that answer. Representative Pringle told this 'reporter' what he was filing against, clearly. The reporter 'acted' as if it wasn't true. You then, were 'duped' by biased news that had no other goal than posturing 'for' anti-white legislation. Sad that I'm experiencing 'racism' as a white in these United States. Sad that 'color' matters. I realize black people have a hard time. A lot of it is 'self-fulfilling' because fear manages to bring out of other people exactly what they wanted to believe in the first place. I've had a lot of blacks hate on me yet some of the other blacks, not like that, have been my best friends. Color has nothing to do with it. Love of Jesus has a ton to do with it. No longer Jew, or Gentile, slave or free, male or female, 'black or white.' I'm not to blame for any ills just like all blacks are not to blame for the wicked behavior of the ones that beat me up and bullied me growing up.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And your choice what you want to believe : Plain: Should you even be in this thread?

Since I created it, I'd say yes. 😂

However, it stands that you made a bold statement you can't support.
"Fill in the blank" Are you always this postured :plain: It is all tedious with you when you posture like this.

I guess by "that particular," you meant being Black.

Look, if it's all so tedious for you (is that being "not nice?") then why even begin with me? Just scroll on by and you'll be happier.

He said why, he just didn't substantiate it for the interviewer. He told the guy why.

You finally got around to the lawmaker, I guess that's progress.

marke

KKK white supremacy, though rare in the modern world, is also a 'philosophy' just like black supremacy racist CRT nonsense.

Lon

Since I created it, I'd say yes. 😂

However, it stands that you made a bold statement you can't support.
No, I made a statement AND gave you a couple of news channels discussing this. In addition, I cited Encyclopedia Britannica. Notice all the pos reps I'm getting? I think it is JUST you, Anna. The issue isn't whether Representative Pringle didn't know anything about the bill he was shutting down, but rather 'what he didn't like' and he was forthcoming with those reasons regardless of Kyle Whitmire's snarky. In other words, Whitmire was incredulous, NOT misinformed about the reasons Pringle gave for rejecting CRT bills.
I guess by "that particular," you meant being Black.
"Fill in the blank" Anna. You want 'black?' Fine YOU filled it in. You are responsible. Done deal.
Look, if it's all so tedious for you (is that being "not nice?") then why even begin with me? Just scroll on by and you'll be happier.

You finally got around to the lawmaker, I guess that's progress.
I suppose. The article was/is a poor offering. The needed discussion is whether Representative Pringle needs to know everything, or only that his own constituents are against it. I'd say 1) knowing what your party and those who voted you in, meets the requirement, if not as 'educated' as you or Mr. Whitmire wanted. So this addresses your thread concern. Then 2) that what Representative Pringle does know, and is against, is probably reason enough even if you or Whitmire don't like it. He's the rep. His and his constituents vote. I'm not in Alabama, you?

So, back to the thread: Since neither of us have a lot of pull in Alabama, isn't it rather the point of this thread to discuss it for meaning? Perhaps meet somewhere? Maybe understand some of the issues 'from the other side' perhaps? Just a complaining thread with no other point? What would be most beneficial to actually discussing the subject? What do you envision?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No, I made a statement AND gave you a couple of news channels discussing this.

No, you told me you didn't have any proof.

So no, I can't prove it.

In addition, I cited Encyclopedia Britannica. Notice all the pos reps I'm getting?

😂 No, I hadn't noticed. I guess I was busy having a conversation while you were seeking the approval of men.

I think it is JUST you, Anna.

Why are you in this conversation, Lon?

"Fill in the blank" Anna. You want 'black?' Fine YOU filled it in. You are responsible. Done deal.

Shifting blame, are you?

I suppose. The article was/is a poor offering. The needed discussion is whether Representative Pringle needs to know everything, or only that his own constituents are against it. I'd say 1) knowing what your party and those who voted you in, meets the requirement, if not as 'educated' as you or Mr. Whitmire wanted. So this addresses your thread concern. Then 2) that what Representative Pringle does know, and is against, is probably reason enough even if you or Whitmire don't like it. He's the rep. His and his constituents vote. I'm not in Alabama, you?

Doesn't matter if I'm in Alabama or not. Those who want to shift the focus of the conversation might focus on that though.

So, back to the thread: Since neither of us have a lot of pull in Alabama, isn't it rather the point of this thread to discuss it for meaning? Perhaps meet somewhere? Maybe understand some of the issues 'from the other side' perhaps? Just a complaining thread with no other point? What would be most beneficial to actually discussing the subject? What do you envision?

Too late. Another pointless conversation between us. We don't ever get anywhere. Next time, just pass me by, okay Lon?

marke

No, you told me you didn't have any proof.

😂 No, I hadn't noticed. I guess I was busy having a conversation while you were seeking the approval of men.

Why are you in this conversation, Lon?

Shifting blame, are you?

Doesn't matter if I'm in Alabama or not. Those who want to shift the focus of the conversation might focus on that though.

Too late. Another pointless conversation between us. We don't ever get anywhere. Next time, just pass me by, okay Lon?
Just face the facts. Nobody with any sense really believes CRT propaganda and the idea that all whites are evil worshippers of whiteness. That nonsense is not just stupid, it is insane. No sane person believes America is being overrun with white supremacist terrorists committing the worst sort of violence of any dangerous group in the country. That is lying propaganda invented by democrats for stupid democrat purposes.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Just face the facts. Nobody with any sense really believes CRT propaganda and the idea that all whites are evil worshippers of whiteness. That nonsense is not just stupid, it is insane. No sane person believes America is being overrun with white supremacist terrorists committing the worst sort of violence of any dangerous group in the country. That is lying propaganda invented by democrats for stupid democrat purposes.

No one with any sense believes your lies.