Cities Across America Creating Rainbow Crosswalks to Celebrate ‘LGBTQ Pride’

marhig

The argument sounds good, but it isn't. Because you have to explain why "god" can come from nothing.
The thing is chair, God has a higher mind than we do, we couldn't create as he has, all that we need to know is that there is a created universe that we can see, and something has be behind that, it is impossible for us to know everything, I can't believe that people would rather believe that there is no God, and believe that the universe was created from an explosion from nowhere than believe that God exists! That's just foolishness!

rexlunae

So tell me, how can something appear from nothing?

Yes, how?

Look, I don't mean to be blunt, but I don't have any interest in going through cosmological arguments right now. I know you aren't going to accept my answers, and vice versa, so I'm inclined to let it be.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What more proof do you need than creation to know that God exists?

Something more than what others believe *must* believe ...

Something can't come from nothing surely that's logical?

EXACTLY. Now follow where that conclusion leads. The "something" from your reference in this case would be a supernatural creator.

To be fair, I am skeptical with the big bang theory as well ... the difference is that that side of the debate uses science and observation in their explanation.

marhig

Yes, how?

Look, I don't mean to be blunt, but I don't have any interest in going through cosmological arguments right now. I know you aren't going to accept my answers, and vice versa, so I'm inclined to let it be.

I'm not trying to make you believe, we have freewill, but I'm saying that to me there's more evidence of a creator than no creator.

I know that you say that have no interest but can I ask you one question? Why are you on a website that discusses the things of God if you're not interested in the answers that people who do believe in him give to you? I'm just wondering? Thanks

If you don't want to answer no problem, and yes we'll let it be.

marhig

Something more than what others believe *must* believe ...

EXACTLY. Now follow where that conclusion leads. The "something" from your reference in this case would be a supernatural creator.

To be fair, I am skeptical with the big bang theory as well ... the difference is that that side of the debate uses science and observation in their explanation.

No one has to believe anything, God gives us a choice, believe or not.

Why does using science make the big bang more plausible? Just say there was a big bang how do you know what God didn't create it?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one has to believe anything,

For it to be relevant, they do. It would be much easier insofar as avoiding disagreement if everyone just said "oh, if you say so, it must be true". That wouldn't be honest and would be solely done to avoid conflict. I don't want people saying they agree with my views just to shut me up.

marhig

For it to be relevant, they do. It would be much easier insofar as avoiding disagreement if everyone just said "oh, if you say so, it must be true". That wouldn't be honest and would be solely done to avoid conflict. I don't want people saying they agree with my views just to shut me up.
If your saying that your don't believe in God, then I don't agree with you at all, and I can't make you agree with me and I don't intend to try to do so. Jesus told us to speak the truth and God will judge us on what we hear. We're not hear to force God's word onto others but rather bare witness to the truth.

Jesus didn't force anyone to believe, he brought us the truth through the gospel, and we have a choice, believe or not. I'm just trying to show you why I do believe and how I can't understand how others can't see that there has to be a greater mind behind creation!

To me, out of everything around us, even just the sun alone shows us that God exists, it is burning constantly and never runs done, what can make something burn over all that time, to me, there has to be a greater mind over everything.

Although I don't just believe God exists, I know he does as I've had proof in my life. So I know he's there. But I'd never force my beliefs on anyone, even my own family. I speak the things of God and live it out and Jesus teaches and then they have a choice to make too. But I pray always for them that they will believe the truth.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Although I don't just believe God exists, I know he does as I've had proof in my life. So I know he's there. But I'd never force my beliefs on anyone, even my own family. I speak the things of God and live it out and Jesus teaches and then they have a choice to make too. But I pray always for them that they will believe the truth.

You are entitled to your belief as we all are, and as long as they are not used as a basis to force others to live under them, it's not an issue, IMO. There is, however, a problem if religious beliefs are a basis for advocating harm towards others such as gays or others with differing views.

marhig

You are entitled to your belief as we all are, and as long as they are not used as a basis to force others to live under them, it's not an issue, IMO. There is, however, a problem if religious beliefs are a basis for advocating harm towards others such as gays or others with differing views.

I don't believe that it's right before God to commit gay acts. But I would never harm anyone for whatever reason. We are to speak the word and let God do the judging.

We are not here to harm others but help them, Jesus teaches us to love one another, even to love our enemies. So we are not to harm anyone else at all?

But we can't just say everything is all ok before God when it isn't either.

The truth is the truth, and the truth is that it is wrong before God to do such things according to the Bible, and those who believe in God believe those who preach his word in the scriptures as being inspired by God through the Spirit to do so. So we believe that when they say it's wrong to do gay acts, then it is.

Selaphiel

It's not homophobic to say that it is wrong before God to commit gay acts. If God says it's wrong (which he does) then it's wrong. No matter how much people try and make it right and ok to do.

It is homophobic, your reason for being against it doesn't make any difference with regards to that. Pointing uncritically to a book and declaring it as the unambigious will of God is not a reason. This intellectually bankrupt form of religion is rightly protested against. There is actually quite some time since theologians themselves realized that scriptures cannot be approached in such a non-thinking manner (if they ever actually did is another question). Sorry to tell you this, but the books of the Bible are products of history, of a people's struggle with existential questions. To claim that every statement in such a book is transferable to our times without critical thinking is intellectually irresponsbile, an imbecile form of religion. The Bible can be considered a holy book in the sense that it is a testament of faith, but to treat it as the unambigious word of God himself requires a whole lot of willfull ignorance, ignorance of the world, ignorance of theological history as well as ignorance of the history of the Bible itself.

To do such things is unnatural and goes against the living God!

Nope, it is not unnatural (not that natural/unnatural is even a useful guide to what is moral/immoral). It occurs in a multitude of different animal species. That in itself does not make it moral, but it invalidates the nonsensical claim that homosexuality is unnatural.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe that it's right before God to commit gay acts.

That's your personal belief ... I don't believe anyone would argue against your right to hold such a belief.

But I would never harm anyone for whatever reason. We are to speak the word and let God do the judging.

Words, depending on the intent, can hurt. Working towards taking a right away the personal rights of others for religious reasons is harmful.

We are not here to harm others but help them, Jesus teaches us to love one another, even to love our enemies. So we are not to harm anyone else at all? .

I will take you at your word that that is not your intent ... however, that cannot be said for others. There are MANY who identify as Christians who would love to change the laws and make homosexuality a death penalty offense.

rexlunae

What is homophobia to you rex?

An aversion to homosexuality or people who you perceive to be homosexual.

If I believe homosexuality is against the will of Yahweh, is a sin, immoral, and destructive to people am I a homophobe?

What you do with your own life is your business, but when you start letting it govern how you treat others, that's a problem.

I don't fear homosexuals by the way.

Who said you did?

ClimateSanity

It is homophobic, your reason for being against it doesn't make any difference with regards to that. Pointing uncritically to a book and declaring it as the unambigious will of God is not a reason. This intellectually bankrupt form of religion is rightly protested against. There is actually quite some time since theologians themselves realized that scriptures cannot be approached in such a non-thinking manner (if they ever actually did is another question). Sorry to tell you this, but the books of the Bible are products of history, of a people's struggle with existential questions. To claim that every statement in such a book is transferable to our times without critical thinking is intellectually irresponsbile, an imbecile form of religion. The Bible can be considered a holy book in the sense that it is a testament of faith, but to treat it as the unambigious word of God himself requires a whole lot of willfull ignorance, ignorance of the world, ignorance of theological history as well as ignorance of the history of the Bible itself.

Nope, it is not unnatural (not that natural/unnatural is even a useful guide to what is moral/immoral). It occurs in a multitude of different animal species. That in itself does not make it moral, but it invalidates the nonsensical claim that homosexuality is unnatural.
I guess God is homophobic.

ClimateSanity

An aversion to homosexuality or people who you perceive to be homosexual.

What you do with your own life is your business, but when you start letting it govern how you treat others, that's a problem.

Who said you did?
Phobia means fear. You called him homophobic. That means you think he is afraid of homosexuals.