Christians like duct tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chileice

Reading the active threads helped page made me think. One line said "Christians no different than..." and the next line read "duct tape". I got to thinking that in a very real way, that is true. Christians are like duct tape. Duct tape is marvelous when it is needed and when it is being used for its intended purposes. Sometimes, only duct tape will do the job. But when duct tape goes off on a tangent... it is messy and a bother. Nothing worse than tring to get old duct tape off of a box or an action packer to only have it stuck all over your hands and on things that it shouldn't be stuck to. It can be a rather large pain.

I got to thinking about 2 Corinthians 5:
16We are careful not to judge people by what they seem to be, though we once judged Christ in that way. 17Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new. 18God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others.

19What we mean is that God was in Christ, offering peace and forgiveness to the people of this world. And he has given us the work of sharing his message about peace. 20We were sent to speak for Christ, and God is begging you to listen to our message. We speak for Christ and sincerely ask you to make peace with God. 21Christ never sinned! But God treated him as a sinner, so that Christ could make us acceptable to God.

When we STICK to doing that: making peace between God and man, we are the most useful people on the planet because we are doing what were intended to do by the very ONE who saved us. But, when we get off into the world of being the judge of everyone, we are a stick pain in the tail.

Duct tape is great a putting things together, Christians should be too... at putting people back together with God.

I'll call it the Red Green method of evangelism! :BRAVO:

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
I personaly love duct tape. It comes in so handy. It can hold your bumpers on, keep you computer case from going every where. And lord knows, if you ever need a quick fix to a wound and your out in the wild, duct tape is your best friend. Okay, maybe I'm the only one whos used duct tape like that, but, the theory is sound.

But seriously, I love duct tape.

Carver

If duct tape were a person, and if that person were a Catholic, then duct tape would have been sanctified several times by now.

"I'm a man...
But I can change...
If I have to...
I guess."

Carver

Perhaps you mean Red Green? Don't know this Red Fox you speak of. But Red Green I do know.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
But seriously, I love duct tape.
So it's not just us Christians. :think:

Chileice said:
Reading the active threads helped page made me think. One line said "Christians no different than..." and the next line read "duct tape".
Oh! Christian are like duct tape.

I thought you meant Christians enjoy duct tape. :doh:

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Carver said:
Perhaps you mean Red Green? Don't know this Red Fox you speak of. But Red Green I do know.

Right, Red Green. Man, need to start getting more sleep. I mixed Red Green and Jeff Foxworthy. That would be an ugly baby.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheSearcher said:
Right, Red Green. Man, need to start getting more sleep. I mixed Red Green and Jeff Foxworthy. That would be an ugly baby.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Chileice

TheSearcher said:
But was this whole thread honestly compairing christians to duct tape?

Well... Yes, it was.

Of course all analogies break down eventually, but I liked thinking about how the two relate. And, of course, many Christians like duct tape, just as many non-Christians do.

:idea: Maybe we just need to share the gospel by printing it on the back of duct tape.
"Repair your life, while repairing your toys" --Christian duct tape

TheSearcher

BANNED
Banned
Chileice said:
Well... Yes, it was.

Of course all analogies break down eventually, but I liked thinking about how the two relate. And, of course, many Christians like duct tape, just as many non-Christians do.

:idea: Maybe we just need to share the gospel by printing it on the back of duct tape.
"Repair your life, while repairing your toys" --Christian duct tape

A duct tape bible is what christians need. That way you can reach every one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.