Christian Solipsist? or Solipsistic Christian?

Dan Emanuel

Is solipsism incompatible with Christian faith? Or can you be a genuine Christian, and a solipsist at the same time?

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

do you know what solipsism is ? in no way is it "compatible" with Christianity - :patrol:
Well thats a good point. I should have said, something to the effect that, "the Christian faith" is belief in the Lord Jesus, fundamentally, and, critically, sufficiently. I mean that while the Christian faith believes more than "in the Lord Jesus," it never believes less.

I think its possible to be a solipsistic Christian or Christian solipsist.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

You can always be a solipsist, to escape you're unbelief in free will. You can just think, "God must want me to be a solipsist, because I believe that He is controlling everything, even my patently free choice's, and I find myself believing in solipsism for the moment, so that must be what God wants me to do." This is similar to how suicide terrorist's think.

Or you can be a solipsist through reason, which is that solipsism is by far the least complicated explanation for our life experience, and it cannot be falsified through scientific inquiry, since all such "scientific inquiry," solipsistically, is as manufactured as all the rest of our experience. We imagine it all, thats solipsism. Life is but a dream.

And if you are dreaming all this, why Jesus? And if you are dreaming this, why Peter, Peters office, and the Holy Catholic Church, which preserves Peters office and therefore Peter? Why imagine something so well-thought-out?

I'm not saying, "See! Solipsisms false!" I'm saying, "Believe! Believe in Jesus! And believe in Peter! (His office.)" I'm the manufactured anonymous person on the internet telling you --which, solipsistically mean's I'm actually you --that it doesn't matter if you believe solipsism. You have Jesus Christ in you're dreamworld, I'm saying to believe in Him.

Daniel

humanwb

My religion: Catholic
My philosophical stand point: Solipsist

I know the two seem incompatible, but I am both. Not at the exact same time, just like most people can not laugh and cry all at the same time.

Dialogos

Is solipsism incompatible with Christian faith? Or can you be a genuine Christian, and a solipsist at the same time?

Daniel

There is no way I can be sure that anyone is actually on the asking end of that question. So I am hesitant to answer....

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My religion: Catholic
My philosophical stand point: Solipsist

I know the two seem incompatible, but I am both. Not at the exact same time, just like most people can not laugh and cry all at the same time.

Welcome to the forum.
However, I am not going to be gentle with you. You are full of doubt and contradiction. You seem afraid to accept Jesus as your Lord with your whole heart. No matter what your denomination is, you need to do that, just as I did. It made the Mass make so much more sense even though I am no longer a Catholic. Jesus will spit you out of his mouth if you are double minded. Go on, make a decision for once.