ECT Christian Mission Trips

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My daughter Cassidy is hoping to go on a mission trip to Belize this summer.

You can help her with her effort here. (even the smallest donation helps)

More information....

View attachment 23735

Hello friends and family!

This summer I have an amazing opportunity to go on a short term mission trip to Belize!
My family and I attend Harvest Bible Chapel and I am involved with the youth group there. This July (19th-27th), they are taking a team of youth down to Belize for a mission trip. I have always felt called to do missions, and God has given me a heart to serve others in any way I can. As soon as I heard about this trip I immediately felt like the Lord was telling me to go. I ignored the feeling for a while and thought that I’d never be able to raise the money. Within a few days I received over a hundred dollars from different people wanting to support me. It was then I knew that God was showing me that He is so much bigger than money, and that He will provide the funds for me to go out and work for His kingdom.
Harvest has connected with an organization in Belize called Thirst. Their goal is to connect our group with a local church in Belize. Our team will be doing service projects, vacation Bible school, outreach, sports ministry, and mercy ministry. We will also be a big support and encouragement to the pastor and congregation that we will be serving alongside. The people of Belize have many needs, both physical and spiritual. There are many children born to single mothers, poverty is everywhere, Christian materials are scarce, and the church needs help reaching out to show communities the love of Christ. Our mission is to go with a servant's heart and be ready to serve and grow relationships with the people of Belize.
I am in need of support both financially and in prayer. I will need to raise $1,800 by May 15th. This money will cover transportation, meals, accommodations, and work supplies. I will be working and doing fundraisers as well. Please pray for our group, our ministries, safety, and that God would work in us and through us to bless the people of Belize.
Would you please pray and consider partnering with me for this opportunity?
Thank you for your support! I will keep you updated on the trip preparations in the coming months.

In Christ's love,
Cassidy

themuzicman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtBnhehPOU

Yes, wife and I are actually going to Kenya. We may have a chance to see lions and tigers, but our primary purpose is to teach a marriage conference.

You see, in Kenya, marriage is traditionally about strengthening one's tribe and procreation and less about Love and Respect. Our purpose in going to Malindi, Kenya is to help couples there see biblical values in marriage, and to help pastors prepare young people for marriage by giving them some pre-marriage counseling and teaching tools to help young couples Love and Respect each other.

In fact, the conference name is "Love & Respect."

I am participating with an organization that has been working in east Africa for several years (www.surprisedbyhope.org), whose primary mission is to teach Christians how to operate businesses to support themselves using biblical principles. Leslie (primary missionary for Surprised by Hope) has been asked by several pastors to come to Malindi to teach them more about biblical marriage.

If you want to help me out financially, you can give a (tax deductible) gift through their website, under the "Giving" tab by clicking on the "Love & Respect mission" button, or by sending a check to their US address. They are registered as a 501c(3). In either case, if you note that this is going to help Michael Faber, it will go towards my trip.

If anyone is given wisdom from God regarding my trip, I will most certainly listen. Presently, I am scheduled to teach on the 5 Love Languages, and on basic personality types and how they communicate, and how best to communicate with them.

The US address is:

Surprised by Hope USA
464 Adaway SE
Ada, MI 49301

Thank you for any support you can send!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can I offer advice? Stay out of southwest Asia, northern Africa, and the ivory coast. Good luck otherwise. It takes a lot to do something for others that is much bigger than you. Especially the gospel.

themuzicman

Kenya update:

We bought our airline tickets. That's the one single biggest expense of the trip, and that hurdle is overcome. We're flying on Qatar Airways through Doha, Qatar.

Fundraising continues as we need to pay for in country travel and lodging, plus conference materials, but we are committed to going!

www.surprisedbyhope.org

ZacharyB

This thread is dedicated to discussing Christian Mission trips. You can post information about your trip, request donations, and also give updates
and reports about how your trip went once it's over.
This is all incredibly exciting ...
but 99% of the people here would not believe ANY of my testimony
of my 10 evangelizing trips to Eastern Europe.
Such is the deplorable condition of the Western churches today.
UNBELIEF in God's word, ALL of which is for today,
is preventing the presence of the precious Holy Spirit.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is all incredibly exciting ...
but 99% of the people here would not believe ANY of my testimony
of my 10 evangelizing trips to Eastern Europe.
Such is the deplorable condition of the Western churches today.
UNBELIEF in God's word, ALL of which is for today,
is preventing the presence of the precious Holy Spirit.

Why wouldn't we believe that you went on ten mission trips ?

ZacharyB

Summarize and condense - make the main points
I know you well enough to know that you have an agenda,
i.e. you are CLOSED to anything that is against
what you have brainwashed to believe.
You might even be one of Satan's henchmen
who he places at the doors of all Christian forums ...
to confuse and distract true believers away from spiritual Truth.

How can anyone who has the indwelling Holy Spirit
reject spiritual Truths the way you and others do?
How is this possible?
One innocent way for this to be possible is
if one is just too deceived to be OPEN to the Truth.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I know you well enough to know that you have an agenda,
i.e. you are CLOSED to anything that is against
what you have brainwashed to believe.
You might even be one of Satan's henchmen
who he places at the doors of all Christian forums ...
to confuse and distract true believers away from spiritual Truth.

How can anyone who has the indwelling Holy Spirit
reject spiritual Truths the way you and others do?
How is this possible?
One innocent way for this to be possible is
if one is just too deceived to be OPEN to the Truth.

Are you talking about a testimony of miracles and healings, etc.?

ZacharyB

Are you talking about a testimony of miracles and healings, etc.?
Of course, I am ...
not to be confused with ...
Of course, I AM (God), which Jesus said multiple times.

God never changes (Malachi).
Jesus remains the same (Hebrews 13:8).
The Holy Spirit performs signs-wonders-miracles today,
but not where there is a ton of UNBELIEF.
So, He is doing it today in foreign nations
where there is NOT a ton of UNBELIEF.
Now, please go and tell your pastor, priest, etc.
But, be prepared to be laughed at to your face.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Of course, I am ...
not to be confused with ...
Of course, I AM (God), which Jesus said multiple times.

I thought so, but was making sure since you referred to it as a testimony. A testimony is a testament, representing the death of the testator. So physical healings and miracles, etc. are secondary to the true healing and miracle of salvation.

God never changes (Malachi).
Jesus remains the same (Hebrews 13:8).
The Holy Spirit performs signs-wonders-miracles today,
but not where there is a ton of UNBELIEF.

There are signs and wonders and miracles where there is unbelief, or there would be none. Man doesn't cause such things. All faith comes from God.

So, He is doing it today in foreign nations

And He is doing it today in our own nation.

where there is NOT a ton of UNBELIEF.
Now, please go and tell your pastor, priest, etc.
But, be prepared to be laughed at to your face.

Why? I'm a Biblical Continuationist, so this is nothing new.

You sound as if you're a Third Wave Charismatic, though. You didn't once mention the miracle of salvation; only physical things.

I seek God's face AND His hand, not only His hand. Why the emphasis on physical healing, and the omission of spiritual healing as salvation?

Last edited: