Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures

beloved57

1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Greetings folks, who does Paul mean when he writes " Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" ? In other words, who does he mean by "Our Sins " ?

Now I know that most would say, he means all individuals without exception, but that would be grave error and not according to scripture. OT scripture has never indicated that Christ died for, or would die for all individuals without exception.

But scripture does indicate that He would die for many. Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

This is collaborated in the NT scripture as well Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Matt 20:28

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Bradley D

Those who truly repent and give their lives to God.

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" (Acts 3:19),

Nanja

1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Greetings folks, who does Paul mean when he writes " Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" ? In other words, who does he mean by "Our Sins " ?

Now I know that most would say, he means all individuals without exception, but that would be grave error and not according to scripture. OT scripture has never indicated that Christ died for, or would die for all individuals without exception.

But scripture does indicate that He would die for many. Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

This is collaborated in the NT scripture as well Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Matt 20:28

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Greetings to you also Brother ! :)

Amen ! Christ did not die for all humans without exception, but His Death was Limited to the "our sins" of the Many, which pertain to the Elect or Chosen of God, Eph. 1:4-5, or the Church of God In Christ Eph. 5:25, or the Sheep of God John 10:11, 15. Now in order for that to be Successful, the "our sins" of the Many had to be Imputed or charged to Christ; and His Righteousness Imputed the them: Hence, the very same ones which were reconciled to God while they are being His enemies Rom. 5:10.

beloved57

Our sins in 1 Cor 15:3 is speaking of Gods people, His Sheep according to the scripture Isa 53:6-8

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Nanja

Our sins in 1 Cor 15:3 is speaking of Gods people, His Sheep according to the scripture Isa 53:6-8

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Amen Brother, Christ always Knew His Sheep and laid down His Life for every one of them John 10:11, 15;

that is, even before they come to believe on Him in Time, because Christ giveth His Life for the Sheep: He died for their sins 1 Cor. 15:3.

So they can never be declared to be cursed, as are the unbelieving goats Mat. 25:41, Christ did not lay down His Life for.

beloved57

Amen Brother, Christ always Knew His Sheep and laid down His Life for every one of them John 10:11, 15;

that is, even before they come to believe on Him in Time, because Christ giveth His Life for the Sheep: He died for their sins 1 Cor. 15:3.

So they can never be declared to be cursed, as are the unbelieving goats Mat. 25:41, Christ did not lay down His Life for.

Exactly Sister !

beloved57

He died for an Elect People according to scripture. For instance, the Day of atonement was for a Elect, Chosen People, Israel. See Lev 16. This day typified Christ dying for sins of His People.

Lev 16:16-22

16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.

17 And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.

18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.

19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

20 And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Nanja

He died for an Elect People according to scripture. For instance, the Day of atonement was for a Elect, Chosen People, Israel. See Lev 16. This day typified Christ dying for sins of His People.

Lev 16:16-22

16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.

17 And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.

18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.

19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

20 And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Amen Brother! The Day of Atonement was indeed pointing to a Limited Atonement; that is it's exclusive to the "our sins" of God's Elect People Israel, to whom Salvation was Promised.

Is. 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

However, there was no indication of a general provision of salvation made to all people without exception; but was appointed alone to the Families of Israel Is. 49:3, which are also the Seed of Abraham; the Seed of Christ Gal:3:16, 29; Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world to have Forgiveness of sins and The Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:3-11 !

beloved57

Amen Brother! The Day of Atonement was indeed pointing to a Limited Atonement; that is it's exclusive to the "our sins" of God's Elect People Israel, to whom Salvation was Promised.

Is. 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

However, there was no indication of a general provision of salvation made to all people without exception; but was appointed alone to the Families of Israel Is. 49:3, which are also the Seed of Abraham; the Seed of Christ Gal:3:16, 29; Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world to have Forgiveness of sins and The Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:3-11 !

Amen Sister !

beloved57

Whom Christ died for according to the scripture. Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now just who is His People He is promised to save from their sins ? Man naturally think one or two things about this verse. They believe it speaks of ethnic jews in the land of palestine, or they think it means everyone without exception. Some like the arminian believes that this verse is merely saying everyone can possibly be saved from their sins if only they meet some kind of condition, like faith or repentance., or the universalist who says everyone without exception is meant, and all will be saved by Christ, however these are errors.

Yet Christ died only for His People that His Father gave Him before the foundation of the world In 17:2; Eph 1:4

Isaiah also saith Isa 53:10-12

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

These scriptures denote that Christ came to die for and save thereby a particular people from their sins.

marke

Whom Christ died for according to the scripture. Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now just who is His People He is promised to save from their sins ? Man naturally think one or two things about this verse. They believe it speaks of ethnic jews in the land of palestine, or they think it means everyone without exception. Some like the arminian believes that this verse is merely saying everyone can possibly be saved from their sins if only they meet some kind of condition, like faith or repentance., or the universalist who says everyone without exception is meant, and all will be saved by Christ, however these are errors.

Yet Christ died only for His People that His Father gave Him before the foundation of the world In 17:2; Eph 1:4

Isaiah also saith Isa 53:10-12

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

These scriptures denote that Christ came to die for and save thereby a particular people from their sins.
Calvinists make light of Christ's death and slander the character of God with their false doctrine of atonement. By insisting God does not need a reason to save some and condemn others they portray Jesus' death as little more than theater that God did not have to engage in to save anyone. If God does not require repentance and faith in God for sinners to be forgiven then He did not need Jesus to go to the cross before He could save anyone.