Christ’s worldly unsuccessful life inspires followers to be patient.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Christ’s worldly unsuccessful life inspires followers to be patient.
When conversion-business ‘christians,’ especially catholic priests proud of their numbers baptized, jeer at me “how many have you converted?” I have to confess my abject failure. Many baptized through me have returned back to their previous religions and remaining ones are the same as the heathens, showing little proof of conversion.
Of course catholics’ entire so called converted are the same or worse than their previous state (Mt23-15). But ritualistic they are unconcerned by that. If they confess as Christian and follow their rituals, they are all right, even if they are violent suicidal drunkards and debauchers.

When they mock I reply “could Christ convert apostles or any before body-death? No! They all denied and deserted him. Those who remained to the end were drawn by blood ties only except harlot Mary Magdalena.
If Christ wouldn’t have sent Holy Spirit all would have been lost. So I say that Christ was failure in his life. Of course he healed many and preached good sermons but our health department and paid pastors do more.

But that was not end he desired in us. That was inner conversion to be like him and heavenly Father that can conquer sin and death. That desire was unfulfilled till his death. So according to his own standards he was a failure up till then.

After his resurrection he sent Holy Spirit and continued guiding them unseen, though a few times seen. Making a spiritual progeny takes much longer than making a worthy human progeny, which takes may be 20 to 40 years.
Christ’s 3 years of public life was inadequate for even that far less for making a spiritual progeny. So he continued making his spiritual progeny after life and still continuing.

So we see many unChristlike imperfections in the apostles still during their mission. They quarreled, fell to Jewish prejudices, remarried (as Peter), disobeyed (Peter and Thomas) Christ etc. But in the end they became worthy to be martyrs.
Christ continues to regenerate those who sincerely repent to obey him.