Choose your Gladiator ~ Pre-Battle Royale VI Poll

Choose your Gladiator ~ Pre-Battle Royale VI Poll

• PilgrimAgain (Restrictivist View)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1013 (Inclusivist View)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yxboom (Cause he is way too cool to pass up)

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yxboom

Since we are all about the new year and mixing it up as much as we can. In our New Year Battle Royale with contenders PilgrimAgain and 1013 duking out the topic of "The Destiny of The Unevangelized" Restrictivism v. Inclusivism. Who is the fan favorite and who will be your champion in this debate? Please post as well vote any comments or reasons why you chose who you did (debate skill, predetermined favortism, etc). This is an oppurtunity to vote your bias before the battle starts. Thanks :D

If you don't know the deal with the contestants or the views they will be defending you can check out Battle Royale VI is now on it's way!!!

Note: The poll is multiple choice so you can vote for yxboom and a contestant :thumb: but don't vote for both contestants or all 3!

P

Pilgrimagain

A vote for Pilgrim is STILL a vote for progress. Consider me the "peoples" gladiator. If you want your salvation to be worth something more than human sentiment, if you want your salvation to add to and not detract from the glory of God, then the restrictivist gladiator is for you!

Solly

BANNED
Banned
Rah Rah Rah, go Restricted Gladiator!!!

Hmm, doesn't quite have that ring to it.

but what do I care, I'm nearly at 1000 posts and beating Calvinist too.

pereynol

I'm placing my vote with 1013 and inclusivism, though I predict something of a stalemate for the debate.

I'll be an avid spectator in the wings, heckling and cheering as appropriate....

Last edited:

efta777

BANNED
Banned
I'll go for 1013, though I'm not assuming there will be a clear winner in the debate. Some may disagree but I would agree that it'll be hard for us to ever be certain on this issue... But we'll see.

Y

Yxboom

Originally posted by ibowatjesusfeet
All my money is on Pilgrim10, though I think that 13again has a chance.
You would make a great presidential nominee. That reminds me of AlGore when he said his favorite Bible verse was John 16:3 that God so loved the world.

Herein lies the irony ....
John 16:3 And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.
:noid:

Y

Yxboom

But Bush doesn't have any irony so at least AlGore is funny like that. Bush is like Omega. Confused and unappealing.

chance

BANNED
Banned
If a persuasive case can be made that a person MUST possess a specific piece of knowledge in order to benefit from redemption, then PA will come out on top. If not, then 1013 will win.

I predict 1013 will show that such a gnostic view of salvation is not compatible with good theology.

P

Pilgrimagain

You misunderstand gnosticism then. Gnosticism is more on par with the inclusivist view because it holds to the idea, (per Sanders) that the gospel is bigger than the specific message of the cross.

(By the way, thanks boom and solly for recommending the Sanders Books. Very Helpful indeed. I finished them off this past weekend and am working on Nash's material now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.