Celebrating sinful behaviour

Arthur Brain

I just had someone I know celebrating because her unmarried daughter had a baby yesterday.

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness to light and light to darkness, who replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter."

I know someone who was heartbroken a year and a half ago after she suffered a miscarriage. I've since seen her be overwhelmed with joy and love for a daughter she gave birth to around three months ago and she dotes on her every day and that little child is lucky to have her for a mom. She ain't married either.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I know someone who was heartbroken a year and a half ago after she suffered a miscarriage. I've since seen her be overwhelmed with joy and love for a daughter she gave birth to around three months ago and she dotes on her every day and that little child is lucky to have her for a mom. She ain't married either.

And you support this form of child abuse?

betsy123

It is possible that Truster is very pleasant in person, but managed to hide it quite well on this thread.

That's possible, too. By the OP - I think this is what they call a, "troll thread."

I love some troll threads!
It provides the platform for Christians doing this kind of ministry, to talk about a particular issue - and explain the verses (keeping in mind that there are viewers who are truly searching for the truth, or are confused). That's another way of spreading the Gospel.

For me, it's never the one I'm debating with that I'm after (for usually, they are set in their beliefs/ways). They just provide the platform.

I think, a huge part of a Christian duty in spreading the Word, is to point out a false teaching in the forum. A lot of Christians, especially those who are still struggling with, or new to faith, easily fall prey to wolves in sheep's clothing.

With this thread about someone "unwed" - I have a question too, with the term "marriage."
But that's for another topic.

betsy123

I wonder- do you think the baby is tainted for life by being born to an unwed mother?

This remind me of dear old lady I met while working in a retirement home.
After the second world war, she found herself pregnant and unwed. Just imagine the stigma at the time. She ran and went into hiding - not because of the stigma - but because she was afraid the baby would be taken away from her.

She was a strong-willed woman - and obviously, with great courage and strength of character.
A role model for a real woman power!:)
She raised the child all by herself (he was a "latchkey" kid), and raised him a Christian.
The child grew up to become a principal in a school (with his own family) - his kids are all professionals, with kids of their own and, they're all practicing Christians!
It's so heartwarming to see what she had started.

I ended up working for one of her grandchild (near the end of the 7-years of my life where-in God took me on a big adventure - a time when I seemed to have had no control whatsoever about what's happening, and I was just going with the flow)!
Even today, I still don't really know what that was all about! I can only speculate. :)

Last edited: