cattyfan's pick 3-17-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattyfan

this is the first time I've chosen to single out a particular post, but I really like this one:

philosophizer said:

" You know, Jews have this idea that they should be very careful in writing down any of God's biblical names. If you've ever been to a Jewish website you've probably seen "G-d" used instead of God. The whole idea behind it is not that God's name shouldn't be written down, but that once written it should not be destroyed. Therefore Jews are very careful about where and how they write any of God's names because they do not want to be careless and enable someone to destroy His name. It is out of reverence and respect.

As a Christian, I know that God isn't contained within a name and that hurting a written word can not hurt God. But if only we could show the same kind of respect for an image of Jesus as the Jews show for the names of God. It's too bad that kind of spiritual reverence falls short in the face of selling something "to reflect a diversity of opinion among its customer base." "

see it in context: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=485216#post485216

very nicely put.

Status
Not open for further replies.