Carrier jobs?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
How many Carrier jobs did Trump save? I think he claimed 1100, union president says more like 700. What is the correct number, Mr. President-elect?
Well instead of giving us that #, he tweets that union workers just need to stop talking and work harder.
All you former Democratic union voters need to remember that. Do not question your Dear Leader, be a good Worker Bee.

Daniel1769

I don't know how many jobs he allegedly saved, but the company said they're using the money to invest in the company. They're investing in automation. Automation is going to start taking over, especially when the Trump supporters want to "bring back" manufacturing jobs yet there are thousands of manufacturing jobs open that companies can't fill, and if they can't move to a new place then they'll automate. Apparently, not enough people want these jobs. The jobs aren't coming back. This protectionism is just going to drive up prices and speed up the automation process. Government interference in the economy does not work. It isn't going to work this time just because it is Trump's pen signing the paperwork.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Has little to do with government interference, but more to do with technology. Automation is cheaper than people, at least people in the US.
My issue is that many of those millions who voted for this fraud may continue drinking the Kool-Aid and believe his tweets while the "elites" he campaigned against screw the working man. Walmart is not going to be any cheaper than the Mom & Pop hardware store it forced out of town when Trump starts his trade war with China with 35-45% tariffs. However, those in the know, those swamp dwellers who will remain despite the "Drain the swamp" rhetoric will not let those tariffs happen so Walmart will thrive. Will the Trump Base care or continue to accept all of this statements as fact?