ECT CAN YOU TRUST Matt 5:20 ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and many say I only believe what Jesus says , so then what about this in Matt 5:20 ??

For I say unto to YOU , That except your RIGHTEOUSNESS shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees , ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven !!

By what is written and what Jesus says , how do you Jesus followers know if your righteousness has EXCEEDED those of the Scribes and Pharisees ??

What is the Standard for measurement for your Righteousness ??

Is it measured in Qt or Liters ??

How will you know if Jesus will ALLOW into the Kingdom of Heaven ??

But in Grace , God gives us Righteousness and we are PLACED /BAPTIZO into the Body of Christ !!

The Kingdom of Heaven will be the Millennial Kingdom and not Heaven , don't you see !

I wonder where you can find Scribes and Pharisees today ??

Explain to me , please !!

dan p

genuineoriginal

Hi to all , and many say I only believe what Jesus says , so then what about this in Matt 5:20 ??

For I say unto to YOU , That except your RIGHTEOUSNESS shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees , ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven !!

By what is written and what Jesus says , how do you Jesus followers know if your righteousness has EXCEEDED those of the Scribes and Pharisees ??
The place to start looking is where Jesus said that the Scribes and Pharisees fall short.

Matthew 15:8
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.​

The Kingdom of Heaven will be the Millennial Kingdom and not Heaven
Of course, too bad that is not taught in more churches.

DAN P

The place to start looking is where Jesus said that the Scribes and Pharisees fall short.

Matthew 15:8
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.​

Of course, too bad that is not taught in more churches.

Hi and all those that want to follow what Jesus ,will never be able to work for FRUIT and there own righteousness under the Law of Moses as 2 of the verb tense , " shall exceed and enter " are in the AORIST TENSE or what is called the Past Tense !!

The RCC claim to start in Matthew and maybe that is why they LOOK so righteous ??

dan p

genuineoriginal

Hi and all those that want to follow what Jesus ,will never be able to work for FRUIT and there own righteousness under the Law of Moses as 2 of the verb tense , " shall exceed and enter " are in the AORIST TENSE or what is called the Past Tense !!
Why are you trying to work for fruit?

Don't you know that you must start with the heart before you can be fruitful?

DAN P

Why are you trying to work for fruit?

Don't you know that you must start with the heart before you can be fruitful?

Hi and that was Israel fault for 1600 years as Luke 13:6-9 says , NO FRUIT !!

When a person is saved today all saved are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and all will produce fruit as Gal 5:22-26 and in the Greek the FRUIT is in the singular , FRUIT and not FRUITS !!

DAN P

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

But in Grace , God gives us Righteousness and we are PLACED /BAPTIZO into the Body of Christ !!

The Kingdom of Heaven will be the Millennial Kingdom and not Heaven , don't you see !

dan p

Of course we know that the book of Matthew
was written to the Hebrews alone, and not to the
Body of Christ which was to come about
sometime after Christ's meeting with the
Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus.

When a person is placed into the Body of Christ
today, they receive the righteousness of Christ.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

dan p

Sure. Next time bring your questions to the INTO Help thread.

The Pharisees had an outward conformity of obedience to the 613 laws (not just 10) of Moses.

They kept the commandments. What would exceed that?

Here's an example: if I do not commit adultery I am keeping the law
However if I still look at a woman with lust even just for a millisecond my righteousness does not exceed the Pharisees, I merely have an outward form of righteousness without inner holiness.

When Yeshua made that statement He was giving His interpretation of the righteous requirements of the Law of Moses. Not merely outward conformity.

We know from the writers of the New Testament that we can reach the kind of righteousness required by faith. That righteousness is not our own but is the imputation of the righteousness of Christ.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hi and that was Israel fault for 1600 years as Luke 13:6-9 says , NO FRUIT !!

When a person is saved today all saved are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and all will produce fruit as Gal 5:22-26 and in the Greek the FRUIT is oin the singular , FRUIT and not FRUITS !!

DAN P

And the Greek word for spirit lacks the definite article meaning the fruit is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

DAN P

I think you hit the nail on the head. By referring to the scribes and pharisees Jesus set the bar for righteousness very low, not high.

Hi and by reading Matthew that the common folk could not exceed the Righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees , BUT some kept the Law BLAMELES and one was Paul in Phil 3:6 and also in Luke 1:5 and 6 !!

All that Jesus is revealing is that even WE can not keep the Law of Moses!!

dan p

Last edited: