Can You Change a Belief That You Have?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God gives everyone a measure of faith. When they start out in Christianity. And its easy to believe certain parts of the bible. But after we change the easy beliefs like "Is there a God". Then we start seeing things in scripture that we don't believe. If you want your faith to grow you must start changing your beliefs. If you see something that you don't believe that reveals an unclean spirit in you. Its up to you to resist that spirit and change your beliefs. The devil will always be there telling you "Oh it doesn't mean that".

Rom 12:3-4
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function,
(NKJ)

The more of the Word that you believe the stronger your faith is.

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

Is it your opinion that the nkj bible is without inaccuracy and perfectly translated?

You said that to not believe a thing is to have an evil spirit or something similar, but are we not taught to rightly divide the word of GOD?

I generally find your overall messages to be of sound logic and good in spirit, but I am confused at your words here. Evidently you believe in an inerrant bible. Could you please go into further detail.

Thank you

Peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Is it your opinion that the nkj bible is without inaccuracy and perfectly translated?

You said that to not believe a thing is to have an evil spirit or something similar, but are we not taught to rightly divide the word of GOD?

I generally find your overall messages to be of sound logic and good in spirit, but I am confused at your words here. Evidently you believe in an inerrant bible. Could you please go into further detail.

Thank you

Peace

I said
Let me clarify something for you. Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. God put some stumbling blocks in the new testament just like He did in the old testament. So if God put them in there they are suppose to be in there. And I found that the only way to find out if a part is a stumbling block is to believe it first. I use the NKJV and the KJV. Everything I found out in the bible I found out after I believed it. The intellectual mind wants it proved before they believe it. The Spiritual mind just wants to believe it. God doesn't have to prove anything to us. We must prove to Him. This was the kind of faith that Abraham had. If God said it then it is true. If God says something exist I'm going to believe it whether it exists or not.

Rom 4:17
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

I said
Let me clarify something for you. Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. God put some stumbling blocks in the new testament just like He did in the old testament. So if God put them in there they are suppose to be in there. And I found that the only way to find out if a part is a stumbling block is to believe it first. I use the NKJV and the KJV. Everything I found out in the bible I found out after I believed it. The intellectual mind wants it proved before they believe it. The Spiritual mind just wants to believe it. God doesn't have to prove anything to us. We must prove to Him. This was the kind of faith that Abraham had. If God said it then it is true. If God says something exist I'm going to believe it whether it exists or not.

Rom 4:17
17(as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
(NKJ)
But there are parts in the ot that convey utterly negative things. I donot deny that it is the will of GOD for these things to be in the bible. Bit it makes it seem as if it was GOD's will for man to kill man, to enslave children and women, and to steal or utterly destroy the things of another. We also know from the reading of the ot and the nt that the Jew was guilty of misdirection and hypocricy and greed. I agree with what you replied with, I really do, but there are parts that seem contrary to the nature and will of GOD and there is also accusations against the Jew in Jeremiah in the ot and the nt by Christ himself. So is it safe to say that some things aren't as they seem, or how does one go about reconciling that with what you said earlier? I'm not denying what you are saying; just inquiring.

humbly,

peace

popsthebuilder

Personally I believe the bible to be absolute truth and without error! How else can you believe in it?
My faith wasn't derived from the bible, but the bible does verify and strengthen it. I have faith in GOD. I don't have to have blind faith in the bible which was compiled by men.

Please don't think this is me saying the bible can't be trusted or that it is laden with error. Because that is not my stance at all.

popsthebuilder

I don't understand how you can believe in god. But we all have different beliefs
My faith was a gift that I am eternally grateful for.

I was an atheist from childhood through young adulthood. About 25 years if I had to guess.

Yes, our belief often seems to have different origins, but they really don't.

Peace

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
But there are parts in the ot that convey utterly negative things. I donot deny that it is the will of GOD for these things to be in the bible. Bit it makes it seem as if it was GOD's will for man to kill man, to enslave children and women, and to steal or utterly destroy the things of another. We also know from the reading of the ot and the nt that the Jew was guilty of misdirection and hypocricy and greed. I agree with what you replied with, I really do, but there are parts that seem contrary to the nature and will of GOD and there is also accusations against the Jew in Jeremiah in the ot and the nt by Christ himself. So is it safe to say that some things aren't as they seem, or how does one go about reconciling that with what you said earlier? I'm not denying what you are saying; just inquiring.

humbly,

peace

I said
You should just read the new testament Because satan can quote old testament. The Holy Spirit quotes new testament. Until you know the Holy Spirit in the new testament I tell everyone to stay away from the old testament. And remember these verses.

John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:12-15
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

I said
You should just read the new testament Because satan can quote old testament. The Holy Spirit quotes new testament. Until you know the Holy Spirit in the new testament I tell everyone to stay away from the old testament. And remember these verses.

John 10:7-9
7Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8"All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:12-15
12Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)
You say satan can recite the ot. If that is the case, could they not recite the nt also?

Peace with humility and sincerity.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You say satan can recite the ot. If that is the case, could they not recite the nt also?

Peace with humility and sincerity.

I said
nO if satan would quote the new testament he would glorify Christ and his kingdom would be divided.

Matt 12:25-28
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26 "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 "And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

I said
nO if satan would quote the new testament he would glorify Christ and his kingdom would be divided.

Matt 12:25-28
25But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26"If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27"And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
(NKJ)
Uhm. The ot also glorifies the Christ of GOD throughout.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Uhm. The ot also glorifies the Christ of GOD throughout.

I said
We were created in the image of God. Satan was created in the image of the wrath of God. Jesus was created in the image of the righteousness of God.
Now satan has an altar ego--the devil.

popsthebuilder

I said
We were created in the image of God. Satan was created in the image of the wrath of God. Jesus was created in the image of the righteousness of God.
Now satan has an altar ego--the devil.
Could you explain what that has to do with the ot glorifying the Christ, which it does

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you have a strong feeling to hold onto the old testament for any reason you have an unclean spirit. Pushing you to wards disobedience to the new testament. There is NOT one good reason to hold onto the old testament.

John 10:1-8

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:7-8
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There is NOT one good reason to hold onto the old testament.

Timothy sez your full of hooey

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I change my mind whenever the evidence convinces me to do so.

I said
All the evidence we need is written in the new testament. Do you believe your enemies are those of your own household?

Matt 10:34-38
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
35 "For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
36 "and 'a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'
37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can you change your mind and believe the new testament the way it is written? Or do you have to filter it through your imagination?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you look at the source and foundation of your belief, you can determine whether or not it is supported by the Word. If the source or foundation of your belief is the Word you can be save in sticking to it. But when you put a verse in your belief system, you must purge all thoughts that are contrary to the verse. If you don't you will only wind up with lots of confusion. I see lots of confusion in those who want to argue with the verses I post. If they have confusion over it that is their problem, because something in them is trying to stop them from believing a verse. What they don't recognize is that confusion comes from an unclean spirit in them. And that spirit tries to blame me. And all I done was share a verse from Gods Word. They must get past the blaming me and look at the source of their confusion which is in them. And purge out the confusion and the source of that confusion.

[2Co 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Leaven is knowledge.

[1Co 5:7
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.