Theology Club: CAN CHRIST REMARRY ??

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Romans 7:4

DAN P

Gal. 3 is talking about being one in Christ vs cultural subordination and despising of women. We are equal in Christ and our common humanity, contrary to the oppression and wrong views of fallen men/societies.

It has nothing to do with your bride/body theories...again, your propensity to proof text out of context is flimsy and lame evidence for a flawed view.

Hi , and in Gal 3:28 , woman have FINALLY ACHIEVED freedom and STATUS , as there is Neither Male nor Female , IN HEAVEN , SO take that , you low informational bible student !!

DAN P

DAN P

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Romans 7:4

Hi , and do your HOMEWORK as to what the Greek word is in Rom 7:4 , for " should be marriaged , GINOMAI , G 1096 in Strong's !!

" To Another " in the same verse , Greek word is HETEROS , G2087 in Strong's !!

Do the simple research and learn ??

Remember that Translation are not INSPIRED , only the Original Texts are !!

dan p

servantofChrist

Hello everyone,

This is what I think the scriptures teach about this:

First of all Christ is Deity, He has the authority and power to do what man cannot.

So not every situation that pertains to man necessarily pertains to Christ. For example, a man and woman who are married today cannot simply say, "We don't like this marriage covenant we are in that was instituted by God... so we're going to do away with His and make a new covenant of our own." It is God who joins man and woman together in the marriage covenant under His authority and rule.

On the other hand, the scriptures say that Israel committed adultery, that the LORD wrote a bill of divorce and sent her on her way (Jer. 3:8)... but then after that, the scriptures also say: "Behold, the days are coming," 'says the LORD,' "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

Under the old law, if a man and his wife divorced and either one remarried, then the original two could not be joined together again. Yet that seems... and I emphasize "seems"... to be what the LORD did. He put away Israel and wrote a bill of divorce, but then He said that the time would come when He would "make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

The apostle Paul wrote of "the Israel of God" (Gal. 6:16). I believe that he was referring to the LORD'S church, who would serve Him under the New Covenant. Peter also wrote of this new spiritual "nation": "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession..." (1 Pt 2:9).

So Christ did away with the old covenant and instituted the new one, and in the new one, the church is His bride now (Eph. 5:27, 31-32; 2 Cor. 11:2).

Sorry it took me a while to get my point across (I never was very good at brevity!)

servantofChrist

I Made A Mistake

I Made A Mistake

After reading my own post, I saw that I was in error in saying that the LORD seemingly did what man was forbidden to do under the old law. Jer. 3:8 shows that the LORD divorced Israel because of her adultery. But where I was in error was, no scripture that I am aware of ever mentions Israel as having remarried (another god) after the LORD put her away. So I was in error about that.

Sorry about that, everyone.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Dan P, Christ is not married to the church in an anthropomorphic manner, so, how is the topic relevant?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How can Christ who was Married to Israel , Divorce Israel ( Jer 3:8 ) !!

Divorce is a moot point, death ends a marriage. Jesus died and the law has no juridiction over a person who has died.

"Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?" (Romans 7:1 NKJV).

Jesus was resurrected and has now chosen a different bride.

"And the Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!'" (Revelation 22:17 NKJV).

DAN P

Divorce is a moot point, death ends a marriage. Jesus died and the law has no juridiction over a person who has died.

"Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives?" (Romans 7:1 NKJV).

Hi , and how can you reconcile Rev 22:17 with what John 3:28-29 ??

dan p

DAN P

Dan P, Christ is not married to the church in an anthropomorphic manner, so, how is the topic relevant?

Hi , and we are not talking about the attributing of human characteristics to gods , as Christ is devine !

Since John 3:29 and the Revelation all speaks to Israel and Not to the Body of Christ !!

So , Christ will not Marry Himself and Jer 3:8 says that He Divorced Israel , He sent John the Baptist to beging the process to bring Israel back to Himself and that is why He sent Prophets to Israel !!

And here is the main point for those who the Body of Christ as the Bride !

By Gal 3:28 , all in the Body of Christ are NEITHER Male nor Female !!

In the Millennium , Abraham , Isaac and Jacob are recognized , as Matt 8:11 reveals , and that is relevant !!

Does this give hope to those who have been Divorced , and that they can Remarry ??

dan p

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
By Gal 3:28 , all in the Body of Christ are NEITHER Male nor Female !!

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage" (Matthew 22:30 NKJV).

Men marry, women are given in marriage. People still have gender after the resurrection.

DAN P

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage" (Matthew 22:30 NKJV).

Men marry, women are given in marriage. People still have gender after the resurrection.

Hi , and the question for you is , what is the timeline for Matt 8:11 ?

What is the Kingdom of Heaven ?

It seems that in verse 11 , Abraham , Isaac and Jacob are recognizable !

Are these people Jews ? YES

Are they part of the Body of Christ ? NO

Are they in Heaven ? NO

Are they in the Millennium ? YES

In verse 11 , they are revealed as MALES !! YES

Will MARY be here ? YES

DAN P

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and the question for you is , what is the timeline for Matt 8:11 ?

"I say to you that many will come from east and west and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 8:11 NKJV).

"By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise, for he waited for the city which has foundations whose builder and maker is God" (Hebrews 11:9-10 NKJV).

"And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us that they should not be made perfect apart from us" (Hebrews 11:39-40 NKJV).

When will they receive the promise?

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at his coming" (1 Corinthians 15:22-23 NKJV).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are these people Jews ? YES

Abraham was a Gentile from Ur in the Chaldees. Abraham never met a Jew. Jacob was fifteen when Abraham died, but he never saw Judah, from whom the Jews descended. Judah had eleven brothers.

DAN P

Abraham was a Gentile from Ur in the Chaldees. Abraham never met a Jew. Jacob was fifteen when Abraham died, but he never saw Judah, from whom the Jews descended. Judah had eleven brothers.

Hi and why not answer post #34 , and the OP is about why Christ can Remarry !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and why not answer post #34 , and the OP is about why Christ can Remarry !!

It was your comment that Abraham was a Jew, but what does that have to do with Christ marrying?

I have already answered why Christ can remarry.

Check post #27.

Last edited:

DAN P

Hi , and does this mean that National Israel is no more ??

There are many Jews that will be in the Millennial Kingdom , like Abraham , Isaac and Jacob ?

This is not a different bride as there is yet 4 remaining Covenants that will have to be put into operation !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are many Jews that will be in the Millennial Kingdom , like Abraham , Isaac and Jacob ?

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob did not descend from Judah. The term "Jews" is a biblical term. The first place "Jews" is used in the Bible Israel was at war with the Jews.

"Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him. At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria and drave the Jews from Elath and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day" (2 Kings 16:5-6 KJV).