Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

Arthur Brain

Although you're being sarcastic (I think), it's true. Even Eider thinks so.

Really, you do, too.
If I am wrong, set me right.

Do you actually believe that any of those churches' doctrine is completely true?

That's the rub isn't it? Why are there so many different denominations with different teachings?

You're right in that I was being sarcastic...

:eek:

glassjester

That's the rub isn't it? Why are there so many different denominations with different teachings?

With mutually exclusive, and opposing teachings - they can't all be right.
That's why I said even Eider would agree that they are all heretical.

So it makes no sense for him to say, "Look at all these churches that teach that homosexuality is wonderful!" if he thinks all those churches have false teachings, anyway.

If they're capable of teaching even one false doctrine, then they aren't the Church founded by Christ, and they have no moral authority over Christ's followers.

You're right in that I was being sarcastic...

:eek:

Of course. But you don't believe any of those churches teach only true doctrine... right?

Arthur Brain

With mutually exclusive, and opposing teachings - they can't all be right.
That's why I said even Eider would agree that they are all heretical.

So it makes no sense for him to say, "Look at all these churches that teach that homosexuality is wonderful!" if he thinks all those churches have false teachings, anyway.

If they're capable of teaching even one false doctrine, then they aren't the Church founded by Christ, and they have no moral authority over Christ's followers.

Of course. But you don't believe any of those churches teach only true doctrine... right?

Even in the very early church there were differing trains of thought on theological matters, so hey. Sure, they can't all be right on everything but if your assertion is that only the Catholic church is correct then there's even differences of opinion between those who ascribe to that denomination on here.

glassjester

Even in the very early church there were differing trains of thought on theological matters, so hey. Sure, they can't all be right on everything but if your assertion is that only the Catholic church is correct then there's even differences of opinion between those who ascribe to that denomination on here.

Yes, that is my assertion.

If by "differing opinion" you mean non-doctrinal matters, then it's inconsequential. If you're saying there are Catholics who knowingly deny a formal doctrine of the Church - then they're heretics.

Arthur Brain

Yes, that is my assertion.

If by "differing opinion" you mean non-doctrinal matters, then it's inconsequential. If you're saying there are Catholics who knowingly deny a formal doctrine of the Church - then they're heretics.

Well, thanks for clarifying then. You're regarded as just as much of a heretic for your own beliefs but then, it's an easy card to play when embroiled in dogma, whoever thinks they have the 'winning hand'.

glassjester

Well, thanks for clarifying then. You're regarded as just as much of a heretic for your own beliefs but then, it's an easy card to play when embroiled in dogma, whoever thinks they have the 'winning hand'.

I suppose so.

It just seems like a strange argument to make - for Eider, I mean. "Look at all these churches (that I don't believe in) who support homosexuality."

Kind of pointless.

Arthur Brain

I suppose so.

It just seems like a strange argument to make - for Eider, I mean. "Look at all these churches (that I don't believe in) who support homosexuality."

Kind of pointless.

Only if you're an ardent adherent to some form of dogmatic belief system that can't be called into question. Otherwise, it's fair to point out those denoms that don't.

MrDante

You can't change God's Word
7948ccec4eef07ae5d20ed4eb648ef77.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.” Ezekiel 16:49

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.” Ezekiel 16:49

Awesome way to quote the word of God! Heres some more!

Genesis 19:4-9

Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter;
They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Leviticus 18:22
'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Jeremiah 23:14
Also among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen a horrible thing: The committing of adultery and walking in falsehood; And they strengthen the hands of evildoers (like you, supporting perversion and encouraging it as ok), So that no one has turned back from his wickedness All of them have become to Me like Sodom, And her inhabitants like Gomorrah.

2 Peter 2:6-9
and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter; and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds)

And youll love this one:

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-27
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

shopkinslpskids

Awesome way to quote the word of God! Heres some more!

Genesis 19:4-9

Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter;
They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Leviticus 18:22
'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Jeremiah 23:14
Also among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen a horrible thing: The committing of adultery and walking in falsehood; And they strengthen the hands of evildoers (like you, supporting perversion and encouraging it as ok), So that no one has turned back from his wickedness All of them have become to Me like Sodom, And her inhabitants like Gomorrah.

2 Peter 2:6-9
and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter; and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds)

And youll love this one:

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-27
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Great post!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk