Bundys in custody, one militant dead after gunfight near Burns

zoo22

One militant is dead and the top leaders of the refuge occupation are in police custody after law enforcement officials stopped vehicles Tuesday afternoon about 15 miles north of Burns.

Ryan Bundy, 43, of Bunkerville, Nev., suffered a minor gunshot wound and was taken into custody in a highway stop conducted by the FBI and the Oregon State Police.

Also arrested were his brother, Ammon Bundy, 40, of Emmett, Idaho, and Ryan W. Payne, 32, of Anaconda, Mont., Brian Cavalier, 44, of Bunkerville, Nevada, and Shawna J. Cox, 59, of Kanab, Utah. They were charged with conspiracy to impede federal officers, a felony.

Full story: Oregon Live

It's a shame that someone died over this lunacy. But it sure did seem from the beginning that they were going to push it until there was violence.

Well, it's what God told them to do.

I hope this doesn't set off more violence. I'm sure there are folks putting on their camo and massaging their trigger fingers.

zoo22

FBI press release:

The FBI and the Oregon State Police jointly reported five people were arrested and one unnamed person was killed in connection with an occupation at the Malheur National Wild Refuge. Here's the full news release:

At approximately 4:25 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 26, 2016, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Oregon State Police (OSP) began an enforcement action to bring into custody a number of individuals associated with the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. During that arrest, there were shots fired.

One individual who was a subject of a federal probable cause arrest is deceased. We will not be releasing any information about that person pending identification by the medical examiner's office.

One individual suffered non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. He was arrested and is currently in custody.

The arrested individuals include:

Ammon Edward Bundy, age 40, of Emmett, Idaho
Ryan C. Bundy, age 43, of Bunkerville, Nevada
Brian Cavalier, age 44, of Bunkerville, Nevada
Shawna Cox, age 59, Kanab, Utah
Ryan Waylen Payne, age 32, of Anaconda, Montana

These probable cause arrests occurred along Highway 235.

In a separate event in Burns, Oregon, at approximately 5:50 pm, Oregon State Police arrested the following individual:

Joseph Donald O'Shaughnessy, age 45, Cottonwood, Arizona

All of the named defendants face a federal felony charge of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.

We continue to work with Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward and his deputies; Oregon State Police; and the United States Attorney's Office to address any further outstanding issues. As the investigation is ongoing, we cannot comment further at this time.

All defendants should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Meanwhile, Trump pulls out of debate and the US still has 10,000 troops in Afghanistan. The Federal deficit is projected at around 600 billion in 2016 which is about $6,000 for every employed worker many of whom are earning $14,000 or less.

This society is beyond a Picasso.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's a shame that someone died over this lunacy. But it sure did seem from the beginning that they were going to push it until there was violence.

I hope this doesn't set off more violence. I'm sure there are folks putting on their camo and massaging their trigger fingers.

Where's Janet Reno when you need her zoo?

Janet-Reno--3291.jpg

Full Story About What’s Going on In Oregon – “Militia” Take Over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge In Protest to Hammond Family Persecution…
http://theconservativetreehouse.com...uge-in-protest-to-hammond-family-persecution/

zoo22

It's too bad. The guy who was killed, Savoy Finicum, had given an interview a week or so ago. He seemed like a nice old guy, if deluded. He'd found out that there had been a warrant issued for their arrest. He was waiting for them, armed. He'd told the reporter "I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box" and he warned the FBI against pointing a gun at him.

Reporter: "So you're prepared to die? Better dead than in a cell?"

Savoy Finicum: "Absolutely."

Obviously, when the FBI pulls over a car loaded with armed militia to serve warrants and arrest them, they'd keep their guns drawn. Savoy Finicum knew this perfectly well:

Reporter: "So, if they come here with an arrest warrant, and try to put cuffs on you, what's your plan?

Savoy Finicum: Well, they're not just gonna come up on a guy holding a rifle and put cuffs on him, okay? They're not going to do that."

It just seems like they've been fulfilling some weird death wish from the beginning, ever since Papa Cliven "God told me to fight the feds" Bundy started it last year. Really sad. So unnecessary.

bybee

And yet, my friend, Al Sharpton who owes millions of dollars in back taxes walks the street free and unmolested?

This Charming Manc

Compared to what I see from the right aimed towards unfortunate things which happen to people on the left its positively polite and well mannered.

I don't like gloating over anyone dying or getting hurt.

It does seem that these guys are one banana short of fruit salad

you have to know his backstory - he's gloating, practically wetting himself over this development

the part of his post that I quoted was sarcastic

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's too bad. The guy who was killed, Savoy Finicum, had given an interview a week or so ago. He seemed like a nice old guy, if deluded. He'd found out that there had been a warrant issued for their arrest. He was waiting for them, armed. He'd told the reporter "I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box" and he warned the FBI against pointing a gun at him.

Pointing a gun at law enforcement often ends in death. Thankfully, it's the aggressor in this case.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Compared to what I see from the right aimed towards unfortunate things which happen to people on the left its positively polite and well mannered.

I don't like gloating over anyone dying or getting hurt.

It does seem that these guys are one banana short of fruit salad

Indeed ... and that's not even a whole banana.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Branch Davidian massacre, Ruby Ridge (because a woman holding her baby on the front porch of her house is a real threat) : if Janet Reno were still Attorney General she could have made the Bundy standoff the perfect trifecta.

Fedslosebig.jpg