BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

Nineveh said:
The second death is separation from God, not blinking out of existence.

Our physical bodies. Samuel is a good example of our soul living on after our bodies die.

That's right. 15 comes before 14, I keep forgetting.

At the "rapture" we are given new physical bodies, that would be the perishable putting on the imperishable. That's one of the promises those who believe in Christ are given.

Yes it is. Check it out:

The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

You are reading into God moving on from the time of sin and death. There is not even the hint of the idea "and the lake of fire is quenched and those who experienced the second death are judged again...."

And now we get to the obligatory handful of out of context verses....

It seems, much like dave, you want to offer the things God promises those who love Him to those who do not. I know it makes you feel better, but God is not bound to cater to His enemies.

Truthsmacking there :up:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
That was the point, the verse doesnt say anything about people 'burning' at all but rather giving praise, anyone burning wouldnt be able to even speak let alone anything else....
What was the verse again?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
“ Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

I see absolutely no indication this is referring to those who are in hell. And I know it's not those who aer in the Lake of Fire, because this is before anyone is thrown into it.

So what's your problem with this verse?

red77

Lighthouse said:
And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
“ Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

I see absolutely no indication this is referring to those who are in hell. And I know it's not those who aer in the Lake of Fire, because this is before anyone is thrown into it.

So what's your problem with this verse?

Well I dont have a problem with the verse at all, that was the point.......earlier you thought that this wasnt praise but people crying out which is a change.....
either way you seem to think that people will give this praise before being carted off to a lake of fire which doesnt make much sense....

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Well I dont have a problem with the verse at all, that was the point.......earlier you thought that this wasnt praise but people crying out which is a change.....
either way you seem to think that people will give this praise before being carted off to a lake of fire which doesnt make much sense....
I didn't say that. I said the verse has no indication that those in hell will be praising Him. Those in hell are not mentioned in this verse. So your point fails. Next question.

PKevman

I fail to see how "weeping and gnashing of teeth" which (according to Jesus is what is happening in hell), could be constituted as praise...........

PKevman

Red,

Is my dog included with the "every creature"? Our pet hamster?
I do have a point with this question. It's not mocking the text at all as I will reveal after you answer.

Does "every creature" include animals?

Last edited:

PKevman

And Lighthouse your eschatology on this question was entirely correct in that nobody has been cast into the Lake of Fire yet at this point.

Ecumenicist

I'm confused, Kevin seems to be affirming LH while acknowledging that his
point has no merit?

If all creatures praise God in Rev 5, and the lake of fire is in Rev 20, then
as Kevin points, out, no one is in hell yet, so all creatures, hamsters and
rocks and hills included, and the saved and the unsaved, will be praising God
and the Lamb.

Inu Yasha

Dave Miller said:
I'm confused, Kevin seems to be affirming LH while acknowledging that his
point has no merit?

If all creatures praise God in Rev 5, and the lake of fire is in Rev 20, then
as Kevin points, out, no one is in hell yet, so all creatures, hamsters and
rocks and hills included, and the saved and the unsaved, will be praising God
and the Lamb.
Hell and the Lake of Fire are two completely different places, Dave.:dunce::duh:

Ecumenicist

Inu Yasha said:
Hell and the Lake of Fire are two completely different places, Dave.:dunce::duh:

If they're already in hell, why bother with the lake of fire?

There's anew dimension to god's cruelty, take them out one fire and move them to
another. This gets better all the time. Someone pass the popcorn.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Dave Miller said:
If they're already in hell, why bother with the lake of fire?

There's anew dimension to god's cruelty, take them out one fire and move them to
another. This gets better all the time. Someone pass the popcorn.
He takes their souls out of hell, where the fire is not literal, since souls cannot feel physical pain, and reunites then with their bodies and throws them into the Lake of Fire, where they will feel the pain of the literal flames.

Ecumenicist

Lighthouse said:
He takes their souls out of hell, where the fire is not literal, since souls cannot feel physical pain, and reunites then with their bodies and throws them into the Lake of Fire, where they will feel the pain of the literal flames.

Oh, I see! Its like Catholic purgatory, but waiting for the down button instead
of the up button! You going Catholic on us, LH?

Ecumenicist

Dave Miller said:
Oh, I see! Its like Catholic purgatory, but waiting for the down button instead
of the up button! You going Catholic on us, LH?

I like it. Lets call it "regurgatory."

I wonder if Kevin concurs with this purgatory and regurgitory stuff.

PKevman

Inu Yasha said:

And there are also many times in the Bible where hell and the Lake of Fire are synonymous with one another. But they are in fact two different locations currently. Hell is the current holding compartment for unredeemed souls that die apart from Jesus Christ. It is in fact a place of torment currently. One day all of those will stand before God at the final Great White Throne Judgment, in which God judges all of wicked unredeemed mankind. That is why the Bible says death and hell give up those who are in them.
Then all those whose names are not found written in the Book of Life (if any of those currently in hell had been saved they wouldn't be included in this judgment), are cast into the Lake of Fire, along with death, hell, Satan&his fallen angels, the Beast, the False prophet, etc...... And there they will be for all eternity.

References: see the Holy Bible, God's Word.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.