Bragging on my kid (again!)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In her spare time, today, :jessilu: wrote a poem. Since she hates writing with a passion, this is a very big step for her. She asked me to post it on TOL for her.

The Storm

I feel the wind; it caresses my face
The rolling clouds take an ominous form
The leaves are turning
The birds are struggling
The awesome power gets stronger
The clouds boil in the sky
I stand and watch
I love the sight
I love the smell
It changes my mind
It charges my soul
The lightning flashes
The thunder cracks
The clouds are almost touchable
There's nothing like a storm

J. Benz
2/16/04

ShadowMaid

Well, Jess, you've out done me, and I like writing. That was really good, and you've learned well. I think we're all going to see you become quite accomplished.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

HorseGurl

ebenz's daughter
Originally posted by Tye Porter

:chuckle:
Nice, Nori!
I see you're teaching her modesty?

No. I didn't teach her modesty over things she can do. I taught her to know what she's good at and what she's bad at.

Tye Porter

Originally posted by jessilu

No. I didn't teach her modesty over things she can do. I taught her to know what she's good at and what she's bad at.
Huh?
Which is it?
You Nori or Jess?

Tye Porter

I should be out running errands while it is 66 degrees rather than waiting to do them tomorrow when it will be 6 inches deep in snow and barely 30 degrees.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jessilu

Now jessilu is having to do the teaching? :noway: I ended up doing that when I was homeschooled in 8th grade. Especially with algebra. One of the reasons why I didn't go through homeschool-highschool.

(Yes, I know it wasn't really jessilu who posted. But the timing was interesting. :chuckle: )

Tye Porter

Originally posted by Lucky

(Yes, I know it wasn't really jessilu who posted. But the timing was interesting. :chuckle: )
It was Jess, pretending to be her mom, but forgetting to log in under mom's name.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lucky

Now jessilu is having to do the teaching? :noway: I ended up doing that when I was homeschooled in 8th grade. Especially with algebra. One of the reasons why I didn't go through homeschool-highschool.

:chuckle: She doesn't understand algebra yet. She has a hard time remembering which order to do the operations (multiplication, division, addition, subtraction) in. Good thing I like math!