boycott the NFL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They should be liable insofar as they misled players about the risk. That could apply to older players or those who have been in the league for a while. It'd be harder for newer players to plead ignorance and blame the league. There have been several players in the past few years retire early and I expect that trend to continue.
But is it better and more advanced medical knowledge that allows us to know the damage? Why should the NFL be responsible for years of playing as a kid, high school and college and then the NFL? Why don't I get personally paid from tobacco companies for starting smoking back in 1980?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From the NFL rule book

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.
Good rule.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
But is it better and more advanced medical knowledge that allows us to know the damage? Why should the NFL be responsible for years of playing as a kid, high school and college and then the NFL. Why don't I get personally paid from tobacco companies for starting smoking back in 1980?

It's a fair point to question when the damage happened. There is no way to know. I'd still say that the league should bear some responsibility for shoving evidence under the rug, which seems to be a commonly held belief at this point.

Just this week I heard that scientists may have developed a method for finding CTE in living brains. If that is true then I'm sure we'll see a ton of players choosing that test. It could prove to be a major problem for the league. I don't know if that test is just in its infancy or if it's close to being available.

drbrumley

From the NFL rule book

[FONT="]The National [URL="http://fortune.com/fortune500/anthem/"]Anthem[/URL] must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.[/FONT]
[FONT="]During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.[/FONT]

Fake NEWS!!!!! Very disappointed in you PJ...And since you got swindled by this easy thing to refute, I wonder what else you think you know but don't...Tragic.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The NFL is the disgrace today. It is all propagandized reality. Capernick is not a national hero, he is merely mainstreaming the misconceptions of the rioters of Fergeson etc.

In the St. Louis/Stockley case, there is one small item the prosecution has, but 99% is the usual character of a drug dealer, which the suspect was. Open and shut case, nothing about minorities.

The NFL is shifting all discussion to race and minorities and centralized control instead of in elected court procedure where it should be. Screw it.

AAsx5jZ.img

Only "The Donald," is his infinite wisdom, could elevate the role of players, coaches and owners of the NFL to that of the moral compass for the nation - filling a vacuum left by this President, Republican politicians and conservative Christians!

In response to the cries of 3 million residents of Puerto Rico asking where are the supplies of food, water, and medical supplies - 12 of the President's most recent tweets were congratulating himself as to how well his Administration has addressed this humanitarian tragedy, the other 24 were criticizing the NFL!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
AAsx5jZ.img

Only "The Donald," is his infinite wisdom, could elevate the players, coaches and owners of the NFL as the moral compass of the nation - filling a vacuum left by the President, Republican politicians and conservative Christians!!

Over 3 million residents of Puerto Rico are desperate for food, water, and medical supplies - 12 of the President's most recent tweets are about this human tragedy, 24 are about the NFL!
Go Trump !!!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Just the opposite. Most Americans are on Trump's side, that's what upsets you. I like the cartoons though :thumb:

AAsAgzw.img

1. the Republican's last hurrah, "Cassidy-Graham," goes down to defeat

2. Trump's choice in the Alabama GOP election, Curtis Strange, soundly beaten by Steve Bannon's candidate

3. Mueller wants documents from the White House, including those from the President

The NFL controversy is all a ploy to divert public attention away from yet another bad week for the Republicans and the White House!

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just the opposite. Most Americans are on Trump's side, that's what upsets you. I like the cartoons though :thumb:
That's true.
Even the fans that were SJWs and agreed with the premise of the protest didn't care to see a protest done at a football game.

Free speech advocates should realize that not everything said is going to be welcomed.
Like a kid screaming in a restaurant.
The kid may have felt he had a good reason to scream.
But no one else wanted to hear it.