Bowing your knee to Baal, what does it mean for today.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It must be important to know because Elijah thought all had forsaken God to the worship of Baal--

1Ki 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

1Ki 19:17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.
1Ki 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cerebrating pagan holidays, RCC putting Mary and pope on the pedestal.

Getting into politics.

following man teachers instead of Jesus' teaching.

The meaning of Baal is "false husband" .

Meaning an idol which supplies our needs of this world.

Hint- corrupt money system.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The meaning of Baal is "false husband" .

Meaning an idol which supplies our needs of this world.

Hint- corrupt money system.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

LA

I think "baal worship" applys to many things. If your focus too much on something rather than God's kingdom, it is kind of worshipping.

it is smiley to adultery.

this is my insight.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think "baal worship" applys to many things. If your focus too much on something rather than God's kingdom, it is kind of worshipping.

it is smiley to adultery.

this is my insight.

Baal worship--

The worship of money/provision.

leads to--

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

But-

1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all (sorts of)evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

LA

jsanford108

Cerebrating pagan holidays, RCC putting Mary and pope on the pedestal.

Getting into politics.

following man teachers instead of Jesus' teaching.

This is such a stretch.

Neither of the points you mention have any factual support. Or even actual bases of logic.

Jesus taught He was God (which you don't accept). How can we even converse on extrapolated matters when you fail at accepting basic truths?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This is such a stretch.

Neither of the points you mention have any factual support. Or even actual bases of logic.

Jesus taught He was God (which you don't accept). How can we even converse on extrapolated matters when you fail at accepting basic truths?

Ok, thanks.

peace:)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is such a stretch.

OK derail the thread.

Jesus never taught He is God.

Jesus said His Father is God.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

To the thread topic-

Do you trust in the Lord alone for your provisions such as food and clothing or do you live in fear of having nothing, and fight for yourself in an unbelieving world?

Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Do you trust in your nations armies to maintain your way of life?

LA

jsanford108

Do you trust in your nations armies to maintain your way of life? LA[/QUOTE said:
It was not my intention to derail the thread, only to head off Meshak.

As for the question you pose, it is a two point question.

Above all, I trust in God. Thus, I trust in the nation's armies to protect my way of life, since they have sworn an oath to do so.

jsanford108

OK derail the thread.

Jesus never taught He is God.

Jesus said His Father is God.

LA

This is false. Christ did say He was God. This was the only charge the Jews had against Him.

I address this topic in another thread, called Nontriniarian Christians are a Paradox. It led to a very good discussion with Freelight. If you want to discuss the Trinity, feel free to message me.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is false. Christ did say He was God. This was the only charge the Jews had against Him.

I address this topic in another thread, called Nontriniarian Christians are a Paradox. It led to a very good discussion with Freelight. If you want to discuss the Trinity, feel free to message me.

There is no point in discussion anything with Freelight. He denies the blood of Christ being necessary to atone for sin.

He is a new ager, believes in all writings especially those who reject the blood of Christ.

Jesus never said He was God.

Jesus is a man, the Son of God.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was not my intention to derail the thread, only to head off Meshak.

As for the question you pose, it is a two point question.

Above all, I trust in God. Thus, I trust in the nation's armies to protect my way of life, since they have sworn an oath to do so.

If God uses an army then that is His perogative but--

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psa 37:40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

LA

jsanford108

If God uses an army then that is His perogative but--

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psa 37:40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

LA

Weren't those psalms written by conquerors? The great King David, who not only had an army, but led it many times.

These verses don't discourage armies in any way, rather say to trust in God above all.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Weren't those psalms written by conquerors? The great King David, who not only had an army, but led it many times.

These verses don't discourage armies in any way, rather say to trust in God above all.

The verses discourage trusting in armies to protect your ill gotten gains especially the Christian for his safety.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

LA

jsanford108

The verses discourage trusting in armies to protect your ill gotten gains especially the Christian for his safety.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

LA

Throughout the Bible, time and again, it is demonstrated that we should rely on God above all. That is not the dispute here.

The fact is that armies are necessary. If they weren't, then there would never have been any in the Old Testament (other than enemy forces). If armies were sinful, why would God have an army? Why would Christ even mention His ability to call upon a "legion of angels?" In the Old Testament, God ordered the Hebrews to attack their enemies. To annihilate them. Using armies. Yet, God always demonstrated that above that, to trust Him. If God said attack with 3,000 only, that was the only way to victory. Any other path led to defeat. The Hebrews knew this. And time and again, God rewarded their faith more than military spoils. Even the New Testament features God's armies (Revelation).

If armies are anti-Christian, then God would be sinning and a hypocrite. We know this is impossible.

Therefore, the logical conclusion is that armies are necessary for defense and that serving or supporting such defense is not sinful.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Throughout the Bible, time and again, it is demonstrated that we should rely on God above all. That is not the dispute here.

The fact is that armies are necessary. If they weren't, then there would never have been any in the Old Testament (other than enemy forces). If armies were sinful, why would God have an army? Why would Christ even mention His ability to call upon a "legion of angels?" In the Old Testament, God ordered the Hebrews to attack their enemies. To annihilate them. Using armies. Yet, God always demonstrated that above that, to trust Him. If God said attack with 3,000 only, that was the only way to victory. Any other path led to defeat. The Hebrews knew this. And time and again, God rewarded their faith more than military spoils. Even the New Testament features God's armies (Revelation).

If armies are anti-Christian, then God would be sinning and a hypocrite. We know this is impossible.

Therefore, the logical conclusion is that armies are necessary for defense and that serving or supporting such defense is not sinful.

Amen! Consuming Fire, Baby Born for Our Salvation, Piller of Fire by Night, Cloud of shade by day, Shepherd, Perfect Lamb... LION OF JUDAH!

Lord of the Heavenly Host!

Heavenly Host?

5 Star General of the ANGEL ARMY! Revelation 19:14...

LA has a serious theological issue! (Exodus 14:14) ... (1 Samuel 15:2f)

daqq

It must be important to know because Elijah thought all had forsaken God to the worship of Baal--

1Ki 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

1Ki 19:17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.
1Ki 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

LA

Ultimately, by the typology, your Baal is your old man sin nature: like your old man twin-goat nature of the spirit of the world, and that is why you see so many Baalim worshipers running around here and everywhere; for not many are even capable of recognizing him for what he is, and they do continue to bow the knee to him thinking his countenance to be some sort of upright Spirit or Angel of light. And this is just as the Master says and teaches in his doctrine; for when the unclean spirit of the world and prince of the power of the air goes forth from a man, he traverses through the dry-arid places of the desert wilderness, like a desert nomad wanderer in the land of Nod, (which is to say, Land of wandering, that is the meaning of Nod), just as Kain was cursed to do. And seeking rest and finding none, he then says to himself, "I will return into my house from where I came forth." And when he is come, he finds it empty, swept, and garnished with new idols and gods. Then he goes and associates in league with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter into the house with the man, and dwell therein with the man: and the last state of that man is worse off than the first. Even so shall it be also to this wicked generation and offspring of vipers: for they care not to actually believe the full Testimony of Messiah and put it into practice in their own doctrine and walk, but have rather carved out of themselves cisterns, broken cisterns which can hold no living water; and they are not even capable of recognizing their own twin goat Baal as he crouches at the door of the house, lying in wait, (and the body of the man is no doubt the house in this and all typology). Hope that helps. :)