Theology Club: both in one Body by the cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

Some time ago, I was invited to the home of a Mid-Acts Believer from a country very different in eating customs in contrast to our own.

While there I abided by the "ordinances" of Romans 14 and 1 Cor. 8.

Barney might not have, but Andy would have known to do so.

Two thousand years after said "that's not for us" supposedly "ceased."

Such "is...the Lord's supper.." such is to "shew the Lord's death" twenty four, seven, three, six, five "til He come..."

heir

TOL Subscriber
Some time ago, I was invited to the home of a Mid-Acts Believer from a country very different in eating customs in contrast to our own.

While there I abided by the "ordinances" of Romans 14 and 1 Cor. 8.

Barney might not have, but Andy would have known to do so.

Two thousand years after said "that's not for us" supposedly "ceased."

Such "is...the Lord's supper.." such is to "shew the Lord's death" twenty four, seven, three, six, five "til He come..."
You did not answer the questions.

Why were certain Gentiles to whom Paul was sent under the handwriting of ordinances? Are we? Why or why not?

Danoh

You did not answer the questions.

Why were certain Gentiles to whom Paul was sent under the handwriting of ordinances? Are we? Why or why not?

Define "ordinances" - in their various senses throughout the KJV, including the Apostle Paul's various uses of that word.

Danoh

Of course.
But they were not yet cast away, and he did not want blood drinking Diana worshiping Gentiles offending them during Acts.

Nope; their casting away took place in Acts 7. Paul himself was from that point forward spiritual UNcircumcision, Matt. 12; 1 Tim. 1.

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

They'd been cast away; no longer "not my people...for a season."

He was hoping he might provoke some of them to jelousy that he might save some via his UNcircumcision ministry - which was all they now had access to - for there was now "no difference" as to Jew and Gentile - both were now "under sin" Rom. 1-3.

SaulToPaul 2

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Romans 1
11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

There was a still at remnant at the time Paul wrote Romans, probably Acts 20.
And the Jew still had an advantage.

Romans 11:15 (KJV) looks ahead to the end of Acts and the mystery of the gospel that heir and I are trying to get you to see.

Danoh

Romans 1
11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

There was a still at remnant at the time Paul wrote Romans, probably Acts 20.
And the Jew still had an advantage.

Romans 11:15 (KJV) looks ahead to the end of Acts and the mystery of the gospel that heir and I are trying to get you to see.

You are proof texting that.

Said remant was a reference to those who had believed and were sealed before God concluded the rest in unbelief.

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

SaulToPaul 2

Don't tell me you want to go there, STP; not when you would come off as better than that.

I think I'll just leave you to that; if that is where you want to go.

:chuckle:

You rib me and heir hundreds of times over the past six months...I say nothing.

I rib you once and you take offence.

heir

TOL Subscriber
All you are doing is proof texting your view - and poorly.

Unless it is now okay to ignore two of those and go and fornicate and go and worship with the Roman Catholics and their idols :doh:
There were Gentiles under these ordinances.

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Why were certain Gentiles to whom Paul was sent under them? Are we? Why or why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.