ECT Born Again

Right Divider

Body part
Then why do you not tell me what the Greek word translated "begotten" means according to the "context" where Paul tells those in the Body the following?:

"for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel" (1 Cor.4:15).​

In what sense were these Christians in the Body of Christ "begotten" through the gospel?
It definitely does not mean REBORN.... as the body of Christ is a NEW CREATION.....

Was Jesus "born again"?

Jerry Shugart

Not if you can't understand that context determines the precise meaning of words and that the same words does not have the IDENTICAL meaning everywhere that it's found.

Then why do you not tell me what the Greek word translated "begotten" means according to the "context" where Paul tells those in the Body the following?:

"for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel" (1 Cor.4:15).​

In what sense were these Christians in the Body of Christ "begotten" through the gospel?

Begotten there does NOT mean "born again".

Then what does it mean there?

Was Jesus "born again"?

Of course He wasn't but the Greek word translated "begotten" in the following verse is different from the Greek word translated "begotten" at 1 Corinthians 4:15:

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten (prōtotokos) of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood"
(Rev.1:5).​

"for in Christ Jesus I have begotten (gennaō) you through the gospel" (1 Cor.4:15).​

You are careless with the Word of God and it shows. I have answered you so will you give us your interpretation of the meaning of the Greek word gennaō as it is used in its "context" at 1 Corinthians 4:15?

You always say what a verse doesn't mean but then when asked what is does mean you never answer, proving that you have no interest in an intelligent discussion on the subject. You think that we should just believe you because you say that you are right but you come up empty because you are unable to give any Scriptures that demonstrate you are right.

john w

Hall of Fame
I answered you and you did not point out anything which I said that is in error. Instead you call me a "wacko bible blender." But what else can anyone expect from someone who insists that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from "works" despite what we read here:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

Now it is your time to play hide and seek so that you won't have to actually address what is said there.

Yes, they were to be His people in the following sense if they kept the law:

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation"
(Ex.19:5-6).

The Lord Jesus told the Jews that none of them kept the law but those who "believed" received eternal life, as witnessed by the words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

Then He asked the following question and we know your answer:

"Believest thou this? "

Those wacko bible blenders, who shout, "It all says the same thing!!!"

1 John 3:9 KJV Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 KJV We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Ezekiel 11 KJV
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. 18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. 19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:20 that they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...KJV-and-clearing-up-the-fog-re-1-John-3-9-KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
That is what I tell those in the Neo-MAD camp but they just refuse to believe it.

Read/deleted.

I only engage bible believers, not bible correctors/agnostics/mystics.

Take your seat, and stuff your "the Greek," as you cannot read it, speak it, understand it, write it, fraud, and you would not know the difference between Kojak, and "Jimmy the Greek."

To demonstrate how much of a windbag, pseudo "scholar," and con artist Jer is, as are all these "the Greek says...." scammers, tell us, Jer: What "the Greek" is James referring to here?:

James 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

The "the Greek" con artist is GOOGling the net as I post this.....

Not a peep.

Give us a bible believer.

john w

Hall of Fame
I answered you and you did not point out anything which I said that is in error. Instead you call me a "wacko bible blender." But what else can anyone expect from someone who insists that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from "works" despite what we read here:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

Now it is your time to play hide and seek so that you won't have to actually address what is said there.

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation"

The Lord Jesus told the Jews that none of them kept the law but those who "believed" received eternal life, as witnessed by the words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"

"Believest thou this? "
John 3 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:3 KJV....Strong's numbers indicating the Greek words:

Jesus <2424> answered <611> (5662) and <2532> said <2036> (5627) unto him <846>, Verily <281>, verily <281>, I say <3004> (5719) unto thee <4671>, Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>, he cannot <1410> (5736) <3756> see <1492> (5629) the kingdom <932> of God <2316>.

From "The Greek" words in Strong's, to "The English:"

Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

Aimiel

To me: being born again means that you are entered into eternal life by coming into a relationship with The One Who now lives inside you. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. I believe that what He was referring to was the relationship with God that was lost in the fall. We now have the ability to speak with God as Adam and Eve did.

Jerry Shugart

From "The Greek" words in Strong's, to "The English:"

Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

Why did you leave out these words from Strong's:

Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>​

Either your eyesight is going bad or else you are just blind to the truth.

Jerry Shugart

Those wacko bible blenders, who shout, "It all says the same thing!!!"

1 John 3:9 KJV Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

First of all, your opinion on the meaning of verses referring to being born of God means little because you cannot even understand that a person is born of God by faith and faith alone as evidenced by what we read here:

"He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of Godchildren born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God"
(Jn.1:11-13).​

The Jews who lived under the law were born again when they "believed" that the Lord Jesus is the Christ:

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well" (1 Jn.5:1).​

Of course John and the people he addressed in his first epistle all believed that the Lord Jesus is the Christ so they were all born again. And here is what he said about himself and those to whom he addressed his words:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness"
(1 Jn.1:9).​

John sure didn't think that he had not sinned since he became born of God or else he wouldn't have said told the believers as well as himself are to confess their sins.

What John is saying at 1 John 3:9 is that anyone is born of God does not sin because God's seed remains in him. God's seed is his nature and therefore the child partakes of the nature of his Parent. Any sin which a person who is born of God commits does not stem from the believer's regenerate nature. And that explains why Paul said the following:

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me" (Ro.7:19-20).​

Of course this explanation is way above your head because you still have not learned that being born of God is a result of faith and only faith.

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well" (1 Jn.5:1).​

john w

Hall of Fame

1 John 5:18 KJV We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Ezekiel 11 KJV
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. 18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. 19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:20 that they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Columbo: The Case of the Sinless Man on Earth, explained in the context of being born again,1 John 3:9 KJV, 1 John 5:18 KJV, Ezekiel 11:17-20 KJV

or

Evidence there will be literal "thousand year"(Revelation 20:2- 7) reign of the Lord Jesus Christ-"... as the days of heaven upon the earth...."(Deuteronomy 11:21)

All respective members of the boc should agree that The Lord Jesus Christ was the only man that has ever walked the earth to this point in time(2019) who had no sin: 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV; Hebrews 4:15 KJV,Hebrews 7:26 KJV; 1 John 3:5 KJV; Luke 23:4 KJV; John 18:38 KJV,John 19:4-6 KJV. This is a "basic doctrine" of Christianity, and a pre-requisite for the Lord Jesus Christ being our kinsman-redeemer. Notice:

"Who did no sin, NEITHER WAS GUILE FOUND IN HIS MOUTH(emphasis mine)". 1 Peter 2:22 KJV

But notice:

"Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, IN WHOM IS NO GUILE!(emphasis mine)" John 1:47 KJV

How is this possible-Nathanael is characterized as a man on earth "in whom is no guile"?

The solution:

Part of the definition of a prophet is "one who speaks for another"(for eg., Moses speaking on behalf of the LORD, Aaron speaking for Moses-Exodus 4:12 KJV, Exodus 4:15 KJV("put words in his mouth"),Exodus 4:16 KJV("thy spokesman");Exodus 7:1 KJV("thy prophet"); Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV("will put my words in his mouth").

The Lord Jesus Christ was a prophet, "the prophet": Deut. 18:15 KJV;Matthew 13:57 KJV,Matthew 21:11 KJV;Mark 6:4 KJV; Luke 1:76 KJV, Luke 4:24 KJV, Luke 7:16 KJV, Luke 24:19 KJV;John 1:45 KJV, John 4:44 KJV, John 6:14 KJV, John 7:40 KJV, John 9:17 KJV; Acts 2:30 KJV, Acts3:22-23 KJV, Acts 7:37 KJV. The definition fits the Lord Jesus Christ's own admission:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." John 8:28 KJV

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." John 12:49-50 KJV

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." John 14:10 KJV

Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was fulfilling His role as a/the prophet. He was speaking for His Father in the third heaven-the words He spoke were His Father's words, not His(as was true for all the prophets).

Notice....details...

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee." John 1:48 KJV

And notice if we "...search out a matter...."(Proverbs 25:2 KJV):

"And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon." 1 Kings 4:25 KJV

" But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it." Micah 4:4 KJV

"In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree." Zechariah 3:10 KJV

Thus, in John 1;47 KJV, the Lord Jesus Christ, in the context of his office of "the Prophet", was looking into the future, and providing a glimpse of the ideal conditions that will exist in forthcoming , and promised, millennium kingdom, a time the scripture refers to as the times of "refreshing"(Exodus 31:17 KJV, Isaiah 28:12 KJV, Acts 3:19 KJV), and of the "restitution of all things"(Acts 3:21 KJV), "the regeneration"(Matthew 19:28 KJV). This is the enfolding of the promise that the Lord Jesus Christ shall rule from David's throne(2 Samuel 5 KJV-"the Davidic Covenant"-the covenant which God made with David at the time he revealed to him that Solomon would build the Temple, of which the reign of Solomon pre-figures the millennium reign-a type). This is what the Lord had in mind when He states that "...thou shalt see greater things than these...."(John 1:50 KJV).

This 1000 year reign will be characterized by the righteous reign of the Lord Jesus Christ, and, as J. Dwight Pentecost summarized , a time of peace, joy, comfort, justice, the removal of the curse, no sickness, healing of the deformed, no immaturity, economic prosperity, and holiness. This holiness will be manifested through the King and the King's subjects, the JEWS. This holiness, this trait of Jews("an Israelite"-John 1:47 KJV) having "...no guile", is realization of the promise of the New Covenant, and this is what the Lord Jesus Christ was alluding to in John...."born again" in spiritually regenerated, physically regenerated, resurrected bodies, where the LORD God's chosen for service ministers, priests, kings on earth, a "kingdom of priests," from the believing remnant of the nation Israel, will realize the provisions of the new Covenant, promised to them, including the ability "not to sin," "sinlessness," and will "do them"(Ezekiel 11 above).

Indeed, the millennium kingdom will be the fruition, the display, and the fulfillment of 3 covenants promised in The Old Testament-the Abrahamic, the Davidic, and the New Covenant. The Lord Jesus Christ was prophesizing partial fulfillment of the New Covenant in John 1:47 KJV. again-part of the promise of the New Covenant was that the Jews would be given a new heart, and a new spirit:

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:33 KJV

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: NEITHER SHALL THEY WALK ANY MORE AFTER THE IMAGINATION OF THEIR EVIL HEART(emphasis mine)." Jeremiah 3:17 KJV

Again...
"Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel . And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: THAT THEY MAY WALK IN MY STATUTES, AND KEEP MINE ORDINANCES, AND DO THEM: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 11:17-20

Ezekiel 37 KJV
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 and I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23 neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

As Columbo would say, "That clears that up!"

Vs. members of the boc today-the above "born again" promise has not been realized(yet), and is not promised to the church, which is his body, in this dispensation. If respective members of the boc would get honest, with the LORD God, and stuff the spin, as I finally did, years ago, they'd admit that they have never seen these manifestations, along the likes of what is promised to "born again" believers from the believing remnant of the nation Israel, in the mil. k., in other believers, or group of believers, let alone himself/herself, and if each respective member of the boc were honest, and "fess up," they'd more readily relate to the following, where Paul, our apostle, does not spin, and says, to the saints in this dispensation:

-Romans 7

-1 Corinthians 1 KJV
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

-1 Corinthians 4 KJV
18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. 19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. 20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. 21 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

-1 Corinthians 5 KJV

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

-1 Corinthians 6 KJV

1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

-1 Corinthians 11 KJV
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord’s supper. 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

-Galatians 1 KJV, Galatians 3:1 KJV

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Why did you leave out these words from Strong's:

Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>​

Either your eyesight is going bad or else you are just blind to the truth.

"Believest thou this? "
John 3 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:3 KJV....Strong's numbers indicating the Greek words:

Jesus <2424> answered <611> (5662) and <2532> said <2036> (5627) unto him <846>, Verily <281>, verily <281>, I say <3004> (5719) unto thee <4671>, Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>, he cannot <1410> (5736) <3756> see <1492> (5629) the kingdom <932> of God <2316>.

From "The Greek" words in Strong's, to "The English:" Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

john w

Hall of Fame
First of all, ..................................................blah blah blah.......

Read/deleted.

I only debate bible believers, not bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, who have only "theoretical scriptures."

To bad, Jer. My brilliant expositions, are not for your benefit, or discussion. but I do say to all those bible blenders,A2'ers, who shout, "It all says the same thing!!!"

1 John 5:18 KJV We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not[/U]; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Ezekiel 11 KJV

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...KJV-and-clearing-up-the-fog-re-1-John-3-9-KJV

Jerry Shugart

Ezekiel 11 KJV

"Believest thou this? "

john w, your denial of His plain words is a slap in His face and you won't be so insolent at the great White Throne Judgment.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, ..............

Read. Deleted.
john w, your denial of His plain words is a slap in His face and you won't be so insolent at the great White Throne Judgment.

Thanks! Your disapproval means I am correct. Thanks again!

I only engage in persuasion with bible believers, not bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, such as yourself.

Ezekiel 11 KJV

Columbo: The Case of the Sinless Man on Earth, explained in the context of being born again,1 John 3:9 KJV, 1 John 5:18 KJV, Ezekiel 11:17-20 KJV

or

Evidence there will be literal "thousand year"(Revelation 20:2- 7) reign of the Lord Jesus Christ-"... as the days of heaven upon the earth...."(Deuteronomy 11:21)

All respective members of the boc should agree that The Lord Jesus Christ was the only man that has ever walked the earth to this point in time(2019) who had no sin: 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV; Hebrews 4:15 KJV,Hebrews 7:26 KJV; 1 John 3:5 KJV; Luke 23:4 KJV; John 18:38 KJV,John 19:4-6 KJV. This is a "basic doctrine" of Christianity, and a pre-requisite for the Lord Jesus Christ being our kinsman-redeemer. Notice:

"Who did no sin, NEITHER WAS GUILE FOUND IN HIS MOUTH(emphasis mine)". 1 Peter 2:22 KJV

But notice:

"Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, IN WHOM IS NO GUILE!(emphasis mine)" John 1:47 KJV

How is this possible-Nathanael is characterized as a man on earth "in whom is no guile"?

The solution:

Part of the definition of a prophet is "one who speaks for another"(for eg., Moses speaking on behalf of the LORD, Aaron speaking for Moses-Exodus 4:12 KJV, Exodus 4:15 KJV("put words in his mouth"),Exodus 4:16 KJV("thy spokesman");Exodus 7:1 KJV("thy prophet"); Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV("will put my words in his mouth").

The Lord Jesus Christ was a prophet, "the prophet": Deut. 18:15 KJV;Matthew 13:57 KJV,Matthew 21:11 KJV;Mark 6:4 KJV; Luke 1:76 KJV, Luke 4:24 KJV, Luke 7:16 KJV, Luke 24:19 KJV;John 1:45 KJV, John 4:44 KJV, John 6:14 KJV, John 7:40 KJV, John 9:17 KJV; Acts 2:30 KJV, Acts3:22-23 KJV, Acts 7:37 KJV. The definition fits the Lord Jesus Christ's own admission:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." John 8:28 KJV

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." John 12:49-50 KJV

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." John 14:10 KJV

Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was fulfilling His role as a/the prophet. He was speaking for His Father in the third heaven-the words He spoke were His Father's words, not His(as was true for all the prophets).

Notice....details...

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee." John 1:48 KJV

And notice if we "...search out a matter...."(Proverbs 25:2 KJV):

"And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon." 1 Kings 4:25 KJV

" But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it." Micah 4:4 KJV

"In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree." Zechariah 3:10 KJV

Thus, in John 1;47 KJV, the Lord Jesus Christ, in the context of his office of "the Prophet", was looking into the future, and providing a glimpse of the ideal conditions that will exist in forthcoming , and promised, millennium kingdom, a time the scripture refers to as the times of "refreshing"(Exodus 31:17 KJV, Isaiah 28:12 KJV, Acts 3:19 KJV), and of the "restitution of all things"(Acts 3:21 KJV), "the regeneration"(Matthew 19:28 KJV). This is the enfolding of the promise that the Lord Jesus Christ shall rule from David's throne(2 Samuel 5 KJV-"the Davidic Covenant"-the covenant which God made with David at the time he revealed to him that Solomon would build the Temple, of which the reign of Solomon pre-figures the millennium reign-a type). This is what the Lord had in mind when He states that "...thou shalt see greater things than these...."(John 1:50 KJV).

This 1000 year reign will be characterized by the righteous reign of the Lord Jesus Christ, and, as J. Dwight Pentecost summarized , a time of peace, joy, comfort, justice, the removal of the curse, no sickness, healing of the deformed, no immaturity, economic prosperity, and holiness. This holiness will be manifested through the King and the King's subjects, the JEWS. This holiness, this trait of Jews("an Israelite"-John 1:47 KJV) having "...no guile", is realization of the promise of the New Covenant, and this is what the Lord Jesus Christ was alluding to in John...."born again" in spiritually regenerated, physically regenerated, resurrected bodies, where the LORD God's chosen for service ministers, priests, kings on earth, a "kingdom of priests," from the believing remnant of the nation Israel, will realize the provisions of the new Covenant, promised to them, including the ability "not to sin," "sinlessness," and will "do them"(Ezekiel 11 above).

Indeed, the millennium kingdom will be the fruition, the display, and the fulfillment of 3 covenants promised in The Old Testament-the Abrahamic, the Davidic, and the New Covenant. The Lord Jesus Christ was prophesizing partial fulfillment of the New Covenant in John 1:47 KJV. again-part of the promise of the New Covenant was that the Jews would be given a new heart, and a new spirit:

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:33 KJV

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: NEITHER SHALL THEY WALK ANY MORE AFTER THE IMAGINATION OF THEIR EVIL HEART(emphasis mine)." Jeremiah 3:17 KJV

Again...
"Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel . And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: THAT THEY MAY WALK IN MY STATUTES, AND KEEP MINE ORDINANCES, AND DO THEM: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 11:17-20

Ezekiel 37 KJV
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 and I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23 neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

As Columbo would say, "That clears that up!"

Vs. members of the boc today-the above "born again" promise has not been realized(yet), and is not promised to the church, which is his body, in this dispensation. If respective members of the boc would get honest, with the LORD God, and stuff the spin, as I finally did, years ago, they'd admit that they have never seen these manifestations, along the likes of what is promised to "born again" believers from the believing remnant of the nation Israel, in the mil. k., in other believers, or group of believers, let alone himself/herself, and if each respective member of the boc were honest, and "fess up," they'd more readily relate to the following, where Paul, our apostle, does not spin, and says, to the saints in this dispensation:

-Romans 7

-1 Corinthians 1 KJV
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

-1 Corinthians 4 KJV
18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. 19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. 20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. 21 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

-1 Corinthians 5 KJV

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

-1 Corinthians 6 KJV

1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

-1 Corinthians 11 KJV
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord’s supper. 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

-Galatians 1 KJV, Galatians 3:1 KJV