Bob's Wife Cheryl Calls in from Mississippi

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob's Wife Cheryl Calls in from Mississippi

This is the show from Tuesday November 1st, 2011.

SUMMARY:

* Update from the Amendment 26 Campaign Trail: With seven days to go until Mississippi's personhood vote, Cheryl Enyart and CRTL's Leslie Hanks call in from the gulf coast. And hear the new Lila Rose unauthorized recordings from a Mississippi Planned Parenthood clinic, the State Department of Health, and other health care facilities regarding the A62 campaign. Life in Mississippi is not only more relaxed, but more cherished, down south. Please pray for victory and do what you can in this last week to help! Things YOU CAN DO to Pass Amendment 26:

1. Pray: Please ask God for His blessing, favor with men, and wisdom and strength for the campaign leaders, and that Christians would have the boldness to speak up for their littlest neighbors and as God's Word says, "Deliver those drawn toward death."

2. Make some phone FUN calls from your home: This is real easy, and extremely interesting! Just call Personhood USA at 303-456-2800 and tell them you'd like to join the phone bank team, and they'll get you set up. Perhaps spend just a couple hours calling. You'll love it!

3. Boots on the Ground -- Go to Mississippi to Help: Join Chet Gallagher, the Personhood USA team, CRTL's Leslie Hanks, Bob's wife Cheryl, and the 71 folks (in Chet's coastal district alone). There's plenty to do, so if you can, call Pro-Life Mississippi at 601-956-8636 and just pick up and go!

4. Support Colorado RTL's Round 3 and Mississippi's A26 By Donating NOW
: Make a donation to Colorado RTL this week and they'll split it with Mississippi to help fund the crucial last days of the campaign there and to prepare to launch Colorado's Round 3 to get on the ballot for November 2012! Just call CRTL at 303-753-9394 or go to ColoradoRTL.org/donate!

5. Equip Yourself with the Personhood Talking Points: Read the campaign's talking points at Pro-Life Mississippi or check out AmericanRTL.org/Talking-Points.

Post-show Note: Now that the U.S. has ended its military operation in Libya, in addition to the transitional authorites there enacting Sharia law, and in addition to all the Al Qaeda slogans being chanted, there's an Al Qaeda flag flying atop the courthouse in the nation's second-largest city. See Bob Enyart and Doug McBurney's presient show from March 23 titled, Obama Supporting Libyan Tea Party about the use of America's military to support the Libyan Tea Party with its government protesters who seriously cling to their guns and religion.

Today’s Resource: SPECIAL: Order Bob Enyart’s Plot Bible seminars on five CDs for only $99.99 and save! You can listen to all five of Bob Enyart’s The Plot Bible Study Albums on CD for a low price of $99.99! If you’ve never listened to Pastor Bob Enyart’s Bible study seminars on The Plot, The Tree, and the companion studies titled The Law of Moses,The Last Days, and Details Galore (on miracles and healings), you owe it to yourself to order The Plot Audio Set right now to enjoy Bob’s best-selling and extraordinary studies on understanding the Bible and living the Christian life! (Or, read the book!) And remember, BEL offers a 30-day money back guarantee on our resources!

Frayed Knot

It's not just the anti-26 people who are saying that it will prohibit birth control pills. Pro-life activist Pastor Walter Hoye said so himself on the Diane Rehm Show a couple of days ago.

That's a major problem with the proposed amendment - it's unclear what it would do. As a couple of Harvard law professors pointed out:
Whether one supports abortion rights or not, there are serious issues with this amendment — not because of the principles it seeks to represent, but because, as a legal matter, it is profoundly ambiguous.

MrRadish

The 'Libyan Tea Party'?

Good grief. And I thought the 'Occupy' movement comparing themselves to the Arab Spring was ridiculous.

Coffee is King

I support it, partly due to my views on abortion, partly due to my support of State's Rights. Anything I can do to help from Arizona?

Alate_One

Oh yes the misleading a zygote is a baby graphics, lovely.

Here's what is being voted on, is this a person or not?

zygote.jpg

A single cell apparently has a lot more value than a born and developed human being.

And yes there's a good chance this would outlaw a wide variety of birth control methods, open up women and doctors to prosecution and probably get shot down if it's challenged in court which would of course, strengthen abortion law . . . oops.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It absolutely would put multiple forms of birth control at risk. And open women to investigation if they miscarry.

Frayed Knot

how will this survive the federal courts?

I'll go on record right now with my prediction if it passes. The Supreme Court will strike it down, with the logic that a government can't take away the rights of our citizens by simply trying to redefine words.

To get there will take a couple of years. The time between passage and being struck down will be interesting. The amendment will not really have any practical effect on abortions, since it's my understanding that you can't get an abortion in Mississippi anyway. It will outlaw IUDs and the morning-after pill, and there will be negative public reaction to these two. Abortion-rights supporters will take the opportunity to point out how ridiculous the amendment is, by asking for death certificates and life insurance benefits for miscarriages, or even for eggs that failed to attach to the uterus.

The bottom line: if the amendment is defeated, then the personhood movement will continue to simmer and try to get it passed in other states. If it passes in Mississippi, it will be a PR disaster and in two years the personhood movement will be dead.

Now that I think more about it, maybe I should hope that 26 passes.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'll go on record right now with my prediction if it passes. The Supreme Court will strike it down, with the logic that a government can't take away the rights of our citizens by simply trying to redefine words.

To get there will take a couple of years. The time between passage and being struck down will be interesting. The amendment will not really have any practical effect on abortions, since it's my understanding that you can't get an abortion in Mississippi anyway. It will outlaw IUDs and the morning-after pill, and there will be negative public reaction to these two. Abortion-rights supporters will take the opportunity to point out how ridiculous the amendment is, by asking for death certificates and life insurance benefits for miscarriages, or even for eggs that failed to attach to the uterus.

The bottom line: if the amendment is defeated, then the personhood movement will continue to simmer and try to get it passed in other states. If it passes in Mississippi, it will be a PR disaster and in two years the personhood movement will be dead.

Now that I think more about it, maybe I should hope that 26 passes.

why do you think the others are ignoring this court speculation?

Granite

Hall of Fame

It certainly seems like the Personhood movement is trying to provoke a Supreme Court showdown of some kind, yes.

To get there will take a couple of years. The time between passage and being struck down will be interesting. The amendment will not really have any practical effect on abortions, since it's my understanding that you can't get an abortion in Mississippi anyway.

Correct--I think there's one clinic there that provides abortions but they literally have to fly the doctor in.

It will outlaw IUDs and the morning-after pill, and there will be negative public reaction to these two.

That or more pro-life pharmacists will be emboldened not to provide the pill. Either way, there's going to be backlash.

Abortion-rights supporters will take the opportunity to point out how ridiculous the amendment is, by asking for death certificates and life insurance benefits for miscarriages, or even for eggs that failed to attach to the uterus.

Had not thought of that. It'd be a brilliant move on their part, though. All it would really take is for the cops to treat a grieving mother who miscarried as a murder suspect--at that point, the entire situation becomes a PR disaster. It could happen.

Good analysis.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It certainly seems like the Personhood movement is trying to provoke a Supreme Court showdown of some kind, yes.

no, they seem to be ignoring the courts
if
they were worried about the courts, they would do something about them

Frayed Knot

no, they seem to be ignoring the courts
if they were worried about the courts, they would do something about them

What do you mean? What could the pro-26 people do about the courts? I'm giving them the benefit to assume that they wouldn't try anything truly insane like assassinations.

Frayed Knot

When a couple is having a hard time conceiving, they frequently turn to in-vitro fertilization. In this procedure, some eggs are harvested from the woman, and fertilized in the lab with the man's sperm. These embryo cells are allowed to divide a couple of times to make sure they're working. Since the success rate for implanting a single embryo into the woman's uterus isn't too good, they typically implant a few and hope that one takes.

If this doesn't work, they try it again. However, since harvesting the eggs is the most difficult step, they typically take more than they think they will need the first time they go in, and fertilize them all. The remainder of the fertilized embryos are stored in the freezer in case they're wanted later.

Now for the question: if Amendment 26 passes, what is to happen with all these leftover embryos that are in storage?

If a worker trips over the power cord to the freezer and the thousands of embryos in it all die, is that worker to be charged with thousands of counts of manslaughter?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's what is being voted on, is this a person or not?
Yes, he is.

A single cell apparently has a lot more value than a born and developed human being.
No, it doesn't.

And yes there's a good chance this would outlaw a wide variety of birth control methods
Things that kill the tiniest human beings when used normally should be outlawed. :thumb:
open up women and doctors to prosecution
Murderers should face prosecution.
probably get shot down if it's challenged in court which would of course, strengthen abortion law . . . oops.
Or maybe it will work. :idunno:

Now, did you have any reasonable objections other than your numerous appeals to consequence and abysmal understanding of simple biological facts?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When a couple is having a hard time conceiving, they frequently turn to in-vitro fertilization. In this procedure, some eggs are harvested from the woman, and fertilized in the lab with the man's sperm. These embryo cells are allowed to divide a couple of times to make sure they're working. Since the success rate for implanting a single embryo into the woman's uterus isn't too good, they typically implant a few and hope that one takes.

If this doesn't work, they try it again. However, since harvesting the eggs is the most difficult step, they typically take more than they think they will need the first time they go in, and fertilize them all. The remainder of the fertilized embryos are stored in the freezer in case they're wanted later.

Now for the question: if Amendment 26 passes, what is to happen with all these leftover embryos that are in storage?

If a worker trips over the power cord to the freezer and the thousands of embryos in it all die, is that worker to be charged with thousands of counts of manslaughter?
Another appeal to consequence. :yawn:

When the fact is that at conception we have a human being, this fact trumps all the difficult consequences you can imagine. :thumb:

Frayed Knot

It wasn't an appeal to anything - that would be if I were using a logical fallacy to reach a conclusion. I was asking a question - what would happen? What should happen?

Do you view a freezer full of fertilized eggs the same as a thousand babies?

If the clinic were on fire, and you were forced to make the choice between saving a two year old child, or a freezer full of one thousand fertilized eggs, but not both, which would you choose? I know which I'd choose.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It wasn't an appeal to anything - that would be if I were using a logical fallacy to reach a conclusion. I was asking a question - what would happen? What should happen?

Do you view a freezer full of fertilized eggs the same as a thousand babies?

If the clinic were on fire, and you were forced to make the choice between saving a two year old child, or a freezer full of one thousand fertilized eggs, but not both, which would you choose? I know which I'd choose.
I'd choose reality. :thumb:

Alate_One

Yes, he is.
and you know it's a he . . .how exactly?

No, it doesn't.
It apparently does, when you have children in Mississippi living in abject poverty, and dying early because of it. But instead of worrying about people that are already suffering, you've just got to worry about those zygotes.

Things that kill the tiniest human beings when used normally should be outlawed. :thumb: Murderers should face prosecution.Or maybe it will work. :idunno:
Gee, so women of reproductive age need to be banned from exercising then. Biology makes zygotes that aren't separated from the woman's body almost impossible to track.

Are you going to prosecute a woman that might have been found with the pill in her home who might have had unprotected sex at the right time in her cycle to possibly produce a zygote which might have been prevented from implanting from the pills she maybe took? Do you honestly not see how ridiculous this is? The people of Mississippi sure did.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It apparently does, when you have children in Mississippi living in abject poverty, and dying early because of it. But instead of worrying about people that are already suffering, you've just got to worry about those zygotes.
Please show evidence to support your accusations rather than logical fallacies. :up:

Gee, so women of reproductive age need to be banned from exercising then. Biology makes zygotes that aren't separated from the woman's body almost impossible to track.
Exercise isn't the intent to kill your child. :nono:
Are you going to prosecute a woman that might have been found with the pill in her home who might have had unprotected sex at the right time in her cycle to possibly produce a zygote which might have been prevented from implanting from the pills she maybe took? Do you honestly not see how ridiculous this is? The people of Mississippi sure did.
No. Possession of and careful use of medication is not the intent to kill your child.

When you come up with some actual arguments for your opposition to personhood, which is based upon biological facts, let us know. :up:

Or you can continue ranting like an idiot. Choose well. :thumb: