Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Enyart on the True Political Spectrum

This is the show from Wednesday June 11th, 2014

Summary:

KGOV.com presents the true political spectrum wherein extremes never meet and the size of government is only incidental. Authority flows downhill and that realization enables a Christian to provide a truly useful analysis of various forums of government. From a constitutional monarchy on the right through aristocracies, republics and democracies, to anarchy on the left, Bob Enyart observes also how such governments view property, faith, origins, and rights.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There is nothing inherently "leftist" about anarchism or "right wing" about monarchies.

Yeeesh.

WizardofOz

Constitutional Monarchy is what Bob supports so no wonder that is "right" and the opposite of that is "left".

I will definitely be listening to this one. I'd love to see a visualized spectrum if he ever works out the details to contrast his version to some of the existing models such as this:

Spoiler
600px-Political_spectrum_graphic.svg.png

I imagine Constitutional Monarchy would be in the top left somewhere but who really knows....

Thoughts?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Constitutional Monarchy is what Bob supports so no wonder that is "right" and the opposite of that is "left".

I will definitely be listening to this one. I'd love to see a visualized spectrum if he ever works out the details to contrast his version to some of the existing models such as this:

Spoiler
600px-Political_spectrum_graphic.svg.png
Uh... dude... Nazism is definitely in the wrong corner. As my grandfather witnessed, the government could, and did, just go into your shop and tell you what to do. It should be waaaaay on the left side at the very least.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Uh... dude... Nazism is definitely in the wrong corner. As my grandfather witnessed, the government could, and did, just go into your shop and tell you what to do. It should be waaaaay on the left side at the very least.

Actually it was a hybrid system with elements of both left and right wing politics. People like branding whoever they disagree with a "Nazi" but it's a pretty lazy trick.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually it was a hybrid system with elements of both left and right wing politics. People like branding whoever they disagree with a "Nazi" but it's a pretty lazy trick.
What right-wing elements?

WizardofOz

That's what I am looking for. Offer the most accurate model you can find.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What right-wing elements?

Nationalism, contempt/fear of intellectualism, glorification of the military, and a decidedly patriarchial society for example.

It's completely incorrect (and frankly, totally unnecessary) to somehow pitch the Nazis as "liberals" or "left wingers" and the like. How about "maniacs"? That seems to fit the bill.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nationalism,
Much more commonly found on the left. However, it's on both sides.

contempt/fear of intellectualism,
Again, much more commonly found on the left.

glorification of the military,
A hat trick!

and a decidedly patriarchial society for example.
A patriarchy. I guess that's a right wing one. However, what evidence do you have that the Nazi's were patriarchial any more than, let's say, New Zealand?

It's completely incorrect (and frankly, totally unnecessary) to somehow pitch the Nazis as "liberals" or "left wingers" and the like. How about "maniacs"? That seems to fit the bill.
Because they had left wing policies so we should avoid such mania.