Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Debtes Atheist Reginald Finley Pt 2

This is the show from Tuesday March 27th, 2007.

SUMMARY:

* The Infidel Guy: a.k.a. atheist Reggie Finley, debated the existence of God with Bob Enyart for four hours, and this is a second installment.

* Atheists vs. Conscience: Atheists claim that varying cultural norms disprove that God instilled a conscience in all of us mankind. However, Bob demonstrated with Reggie that atheists are themselves so influenced by Augustinian philosophy that they have a hard time acknowledging the obvious role that man's free will has in his behavior, whether individual or corporate.

* Evidence for Conscience: Even the hardened criminal like the murdering leader of a drug cartel, objects if another man: steals from him, tries to murder him, bears false witness against him, or commits adultery with his woman. So that the conscience God put in our hearts, knowing the difference between right and wrong, can typically be discerned even in a sociopath like Adolph Hitler. Atheists like Reggie Finley exaggerate the degree to which human beings disagree on right and wrong. Thou protesteth too much, Reggie, claiming that God hasn't revealed to you right and wrong.

* Homosexuals and Dogs: Reggie fell into a trap by using the typical liberal argument that homosexuality is defensible because some animals are homosexual. Bob then mentioned some of the horrendous behavior of animals. For example, some of them gang rape their females, some start devouring other animals while they are still alive, and some eat their own young. Thus, the argument that homosexuals behave like pigs and dogs easily backfires. This segment ended with Reggie saying, "I don't know where you're going with this." Reggie, the answer to that question is: Bob just refuted your point.

Today's Resource: If you enjoyed these segments of Bob's atheism debate with Reginald Finley, you'd probably learn a lot and really have fun hearing the entire four hour debate! Call us at 800-8Enyart to order Bob Debates Atheist Reginald Finley on CD! We're also throwing in another two-hours of audio as a bonus! On Reggie's InfidelGuy.com website, he lists twenty-two arguments against the existence of God. We suggested to Reggie that we could avoid a wandering discussion that gets bogged down by using his list of arguments as an outline, such that he could go through the whole list, and make all twenty-two arguments as Bob responds to each. Reggie said he would rather have the unstructured discussion, which was fine with us. However, we asked a former atheist, Ed Hanks, to role play Reginald Finley in studio, to give Bob the opportunity to illustrate how a strong biblical worldview provides strong rebuttals to Reggie's answers! So we've included that material on the same CD, so that you can get six hours of apologetics training learning how to respond to an atheist all on our single CD, Bob Debates Atheist Reginald Finley!

amjiva

Nudity isn't, in itself, immoral. I think Mr. Enyart would agree because he admits that originally humans were not ashamed of being nude, yet throughout this portion of the debate, this point doesn't seem to be made very clear. Immorality comes into play as a result of lusty desires. If we had not become subject to such lusty desires, then nudity wouldn't be an issue. Therefore, since nudity is not, in itself, immoral, it cannot serve as an example of innate morality. In other words, this was a bad example on the part of Mr. Finley. I was hoping that Mr. Enyart would catch this and cut right to the point.

I agree with what Mr. Enyart said about how comparing human homosexuality to animal homosexuality is fallacious.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
amjiva, you wrote:

amjiva, you wrote:

amjiva: I agree with what Mr. Enyart said about how comparing human homosexuality to animal homosexuality is fallacious.

BE: Thanks!

amjiva: Mr. Enyart... admits that originally humans were not ashamed of being nude...

Yes, but God made body, soul, and spirit, and these influence one another in extraordinarily wonderful ways. God made us such that if we sinned, we would sense shame about ourselves, and He put in us that if we sinned, we would desire a covering. That covering appears in Scripture first when God made a covering from a blood-sacrifice, and provided Adam and Eve with animal skin clothing. Then throughout, the concept of a covering ultimately points to Jesus Christ who is our covering. And even He put on human flesh to become our covering.

So, God clothed us and intended that we would be modest with our private parts and base bodily functions, but rebellion in this area is much like rebellion in any other area. Free will enables anyone, amjiva, from ignoring God's concern and His clothing of mankind after our rebellion.

Thanks again!

-Bob

Granite

Hall of Fame
amjiva said:
Nudity isn't, in itself, immoral. I think Mr. Enyart would agree because he admits that originally humans were not ashamed of being nude, yet throughout this portion of the debate, this point doesn't seem to be made very clear. Immorality comes into play as a result of lusty desires. If we had not become subject to such lusty desires, then nudity wouldn't be an issue. Therefore, since nudity is not, in itself, immoral, it cannot serve as an example of innate morality. In other words, this was a bad example on the part of Mr. Finley. I was hoping that Mr. Enyart would catch this and cut right to the point.

I agree with what Mr. Enyart said about how comparing human homosexuality to animal homosexuality is fallacious.

I would agree as well. Arguments from nature can occasionally teach us lessons about our own nature but more often than not the analogy only goes so far.

amjiva

Bob Enyart said:
amjiva: I agree with what Mr. Enyart said about how comparing human homosexuality to animal homosexuality is fallacious.

BE: Thanks!

amjiva: Mr. Enyart... admits that originally humans were not ashamed of being nude...

Yes, but God made body, soul, and spirit, and these influence one another in extraordinarily wonderful ways. God made us such that if we sinned, we would sense shame about ourselves, and He put in us that if we sinned, we would desire a covering. That covering appears in Scripture first when God made a covering from a blood-sacrifice, and provided Adam and Eve with animal skin clothing. Then throughout, the concept of a covering ultimately points to Jesus Christ who is our covering. And even He put on human flesh to become our covering.

So, God clothed us and intended that we would be modest with our private parts and base bodily functions, but rebellion in this area is much like rebellion in any other area. Free will enables anyone, amjiva, from ignoring God's concern and His clothing of mankind after our rebellion.

Thanks again!

-Bob

I think we pretty much agree here. I am not attempting to rationalize why it should be okay to be publicly nude. I am just saying that being nude, in itself, is not anyone's innate moral concern. The real moral concern is, "being nude draws lusty and uncomfortable desires, therefore I should remain clothed." Adam and Eve didn't have this innate conception before the fall, which is proof positive that the issue is not with nudity itself, but with the feelings that pursue in our degraded situation.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I want to listen to all four hours!!!

Tell me.... is the remainder of the discussion as good as the first 60 minutes??

Ash1

The Entire Debate

The Entire Debate

Has anyone heard the entire 4 hours yet? If so, how was it?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I'm wondering, why hasn't Reggie Finley posted the show on his website yet? :think:

Toast

Wow, just got finished listening to the show. That debate went fantastic. Who would've guessed so many arguments against Christianity are based on the false beliefs of calvanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.