Bob and Tom Joseph Debate Arranged Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Ninjashadow said:
You're probably going to say arranged marriage. If that works for you, or Bob, or whomever, that's great. But what I don't like is people (and I kind of got this impression from Bob and if I'm interpreting it wrong, I apologize) that say that arranged marriage is the only Christian way to go. It's what God wants. I find that very irritating. Like I said, if someone wants to do arranged marriage and the kids are all for it, then so be it. I just don't like someone saying that it's what everyone should do.
Ninja, are you saying that Proverbs 18:22 states:
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.​
and NOT:
He who has parents that find him a wife, his parents have found what is good and they receive favor from the LORD.​
?

:chuckle:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Of course, one could claim that the verse does not apply to the (husband-seeking) womenfolk. I won't argue with that. Because if there was one sex that could use some parental help in choosing spouses, it would be them womenfolk. :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
No, I'm equating theft with sex outside of marriage.

Again, Christians don't criticize sex. They criticize sex outside of marriage.

And such a comparison is ridiculous. Simply apples and oranges.

As for your second point, you guys spend an awful lot of time huffing and puffing about what goes on, so to speak.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
...you guys spend an awful lot of time huffing and puffing about what goes on...
Typical Granite post. :hammer:

(After he's already done argued huff-for-huff and puff-for-puff.)

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Typical Granite post. :hammer:

(After he's already done argued huff-for-huff and puff-for-puff.)

Dude, I don't know what your problem is, considering we barely speak to each other, but if you have an issue with me, send me a PM or spit it out. Otherwise don't carp, because it's annoying and I don't know what crawled down your throat and died.

Back on topic: why the obsession with sex and its prevention?

erinmarie

Granite said:
Dude, I don't know what your problem is, considering we barely speak to each other, but if you have an issue with me, send me a PM or spit it out. Otherwise don't carp, because it's annoying and I don't know what crawled down your throat and died.

*Note to Self: Don't mess with Granite when he's hungover and eaten too much Chinese Food.*

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Granite said:
There is no obsession with the prevention of sex, only the prevention of sex outside of marriage. Why? As I've already state above: "the number of abortions, the number of divorces, the number of children growing up in homes without a father... etc."

Mr. 5020

erinmarie said:
They can 'vow' all they want. It's just like teens who do the 'Silver Ring Thing' and then have sex with their boyfriends/girlfriends. Some kids will just tell you want you want to hear.

Just like when you tell a guy that he has to marry the girl he has sex with out of marriage. "Yeah, sure I will, of course." Yeah right. And how do you enforce something like that?
I haven't heard of "Silver Ring Thing" since I visited PA in 2002.

Mr. 5020

So, I listened to it. Still think arranged marriages are a bad idea. And as far as the "debate" goes, I don't think there was a clear winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.