Bloomberg: 'Yes' to Drugs 'No' to Styrofoam

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
would also rather see those abortions not happen in the first place, by not having women get pregnant when they don't want to.

Easy way to handle that, do not have sex until you are ready to be a mother, or have your tubes tied if you cannot practice self control.

Easy way to handle that, do not have sex until you are ready to be a mother, or have your tubes tied if you cannot practice self control.

Or use birth control, or have an IUD implanted (which unlike having one's tubes tied, can be easily reversed once one is actually ready to have children). Or use condoms which have the added benefit of protecting against the spread of STD's as well.

No good reason to try to inject Biblical morality into this.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Or use birth control, or have an IUD implanted (which unlike having one's tubes tied, can be easily reversed once one is actually ready to have children). Or use condoms which have the added benefit of protecting against the spread of STD's as well.

No good reason to try to inject Biblical morality into this.

Sure there is, but an atheist refuses it. Im not a bit against birth control btw between a man and his wife. Abortion isnt a valid form of birth control though.

oatmeal

[Plastic-Foam Containers, if the Mayor Gets His Way By Michael M. Grynbaum] "...Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, whose regulatory lance has slain fatty foods, supersize sodas, and smoking in parks, is now targeting plastic foam, :sozo2: the much-derided polymer that environmentalists have long tried to restrict..." Full text: Plastic-Foam Containers, if the Mayor Gets His Way Eccl 10:2 :Commie:

[Mayor Bloomberg to stoners: Small amounts of pot no longer get a night in jail by Tina Moore & Dan Hirschhorn] "New York State is also considering decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana...." Full text: Mayor Bloomberg to stoners: Small amounts of pot no longer get a night in jail :zman: Eph 5:18

See:

Global Warming

Be Not Drunk with Wine by John MacArthur

The End is So Near... (right click, open) by Darrell Ferguson

Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral

It is dangerous we should ban all asbestos from the earth.

Oh, and all poisonous snakes and mushrooms and spiders and liberals

republicanchick

Seems reasonable to me. Exactly why is banning Styrofoam a bad thing? It's my planet too and I think it's a great idea.

but let's legalize pot?

please

I am more against that than inclined to favor it, even though it does tend to restrict freedom. The thing is that pot alters your consciousness. I doubt styrofoam does

+

Christian Liberty

but let's legalize pot?

please

I am more against that than inclined to favor it, even though it does tend to restrict freedom. The thing is that pot alters your consciousness. I doubt styrofoam does

+

You're a nanny statist. We get it. I think both styrofoam and drugs should be legal. That's like freedom 101.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"We've reworded the national anthem--the land of the free--better safe than sorry. If that's the society you want, it leads to totalitarianism. The bigger the state, the more childlike you become. It's a natural tendency not to want to grow up." :baby: ~ Dennis Prager

Obama’s Peter Pan Economics

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
but let's legalize pot?

please

I am more against that than inclined to favor it, even though it does tend to restrict freedom. The thing is that pot alters your consciousness. I doubt styrofoam does +

Not nearly as much as alcohol ...

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

Short-Term Health Risks

Excessive alcohol use has immediate effects that increase the risk of many harmful health conditions. These are most often the result of binge drinking and include the following:

Injuries, such as motor vehicle crashes, falls, drownings, and burns.6,7
Violence, including homicide, suicide, sexual assault, and intimate partner violence.6-10
Alcohol poisoning, a medical emergency that results from high blood alcohol levels.11
Risky sexual behaviors, including unprotected sex or sex with multiple partners. These behaviors can result in unintended pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.12,13
Miscarriage and stillbirth or fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) among pregnant women.6,12,14,15

Long-Term Health Risks

Over time, excessive alcohol use can lead to the development of chronic diseases and other serious problems including:

High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease, and digestive problems.6,16-21
Cancer of the breast, mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, and colon.6,22
Learning and memory problems, including dementia and poor school performance.6
Mental health problems, including depression and anxiety.6,23
Social problems, including lost productivity, family problems, and unemployment.6,24,25
Alcohol dependence, or alcoholism.6

By not drinking too much, you can reduce the risk of these short- and long-term health risks.