Blessing of Election !

beloved57

Election is a blessing because it causes men to come to Christ. Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Approaching God here, drawing near to Him is the effect of election. The elect are those given to Christ by the Father, and the result of that is they shall come to Christ Jn 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.The word for come here heko means

to come to one, i.e. to seek an intimacy with one, become his follower:

In other words it will result in the comers following Christ. Jn 10:27

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

beloved57

If by Grace then by Election !

If Salvation is by Grace, which it is, then its by Election, for you cant have one without the other. Paul writes, in speaking about election in the 11th of Romans these words Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Paul is writing about Salvation amongst the jews, though it applies to all men, that some jews will be saved because they are part of Gods election of grace, and if you add to that, then it disqualifies as being by grace.

Also for it, Salvation, to be by Grace, it can and does only apply to a remnant, as here in this context it applies to only a remnant of jews out of national Israel, but it also must apply to only a remnant out of the gentiles as Per Acts 15:14-17

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Notice Vs 14, God visits the Gentiles only to take out of them a People for Salvation, that's the remnant out from among the gentile nations, an election of grace.

The word take is the greek word
lambanó and means to:

I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

to take, equivalent to to choose, select:

That's Election, to select from the whole, to choose from the whole, that's a remnant !

Also those so chosen, chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, are in time layed hold of by God in Christ

Remember Paul said of himself how Christ laid hold of him Phil 3:12

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

That word apprehended, its the same word and can be read:

I was laid hold of !

The remnant, whether of from amongst the jews, or the gentiles will be laid hold of by Christ in time, and its all of Grace, the Election of Grace, which equates to Salvation by Grace. If we deny Particular discriminating Grace in Salvation applied only to a remnant, not all without exception, then by default we deny Salvation by Grace !

beloved57

The Eternal Election of and in Grace is essential to being saved by Grace! If we take away discriminating Election of Grace, we take away salvation by Grace, and we corrupt the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Nanja

The Eternal Election of and in Grace is essential to being saved by Grace! If we take away discriminating Election of Grace, we take away salvation by Grace, and we corrupt the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Agreed. So if a person is not of the remnant of the Election of Grace, chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4, he/she has No Salvation in Christ.

beloved57

Agreed. So if a person is not of the remnant of the Election of Grace, chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4, he/she has No Salvation in Christ.
Exactly 2 Tim 2:10

10*Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nanja

Exactly 2 Tim 2:10

10*Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Amen Brother! Paul endured all things for the Elect's sake; Not for everyone in the world like false gospel preachers maintain, but only for the Chosen ones in Christ for whom He was their Surety Saviour from Everlasting.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

The Goal of Election, its God having Predestinated a particular number of people unto Eternal Glory in Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10, for the purpose of having the praise of His Grace Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Last edited:

Nanja

beloved57

The Goal of Election, its God having Predestinated a particular number of people unto Eternal Glory in Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10, for the purpose of having the praise of His Grace Eph 1:4-6

So True, and God's Elect are Blessed because they have always been under His Grace which was Purposed and Given them from eternity 2 Tim. 1:9, which also speaks of their Justification Eph. 1:7 in Christ Jesus their Surety Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8; Is. 53:6 from Everlasting, before they were ever born into this world as sinners. Because to the Praise of His Grace, their sins were never laid to their charge legally.

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Ps. 32:1-2
1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

beloved57

No election no grace / no salvation

Rom. 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
The elect obtain that for which they seek and the rest are blinded

Rom. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Thats why its a blessing to be of the election when it comes to salvation, because if not, the rest who are not of the election of grace, are blinded.

beloved57

Blessings of Election, because of being chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

#1. Gods Love is a blessing of election, it was His Love that put us in Christ in the first place, those God so loved with an everlasting love, He chose them in Christ, so God loves then He chooses Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Deut 4:37

And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;

beloved57

Blessings of Election

Lets look at the context of Eph 1 to renumerate the spiritual blessings of election:

In addition to having been chosen in Christ before the foundation, listed with many of the spiritual blessing we have been blessed with are:

Predestination in Vs 5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Accepted Vs 6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Redemption and forgiveness Vs 7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

Revelation Vs 8-9

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

To be gathered together Vs 10

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

An Inheritance Vs 11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

A Trust in Christ Vs 12-13

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

A hearing of the word of truth Vs 13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

A sealing work of the Spirit Vs 13-14

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Love to the saints Vs 15

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Be assured God in His Providence will bring each chosen vessel of mercy into the experience of these spiritual blessings due to the blessings of election !

Nanja

Blessings of Election, because of being chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

#1. Gods Love is a blessing of election, it was His Love that put us in Christ in the first place, those God so loved with an everlasting love, He chose them in Christ, so God loves then He chooses Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Deut 4:37

And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;
Amen for sure Brother, this Chosen Seed that God has Sovereignly Loved and Chosen or picked out of all the rest of humanity; a remnant to be exclusively Loved in Christ from Eternity, is a very great Blessing indeed, and which further denotes they were never at any time under His Wrath or Judgement.