Bitcoin (cryptocurrency and general)

pqmomba8

What does everyone think? I've been buying / mining for about three years...not just bitcoin, other "promising" cryptocurrency (litecoins, darkcoins, peercoins, etc.)

Does the blockchain technology have a future? The whole "de-centralized, no government or bank authority, purely pee-to-peer" thing appeals to the anarcho-capitalist in me.

What do y'all think?

TIPlatypus

In my humble opinion, the internet is not e very safe place to store your money. But this is only a new development which has come about because of the internet. I think it has a future. But still too risky.

S

sermonindex

I researched for a few months into alt coins and bitcoin. It really is the cutting edge of the technology and is not near mainstream adoption anytime soon. Other uses of the technology might also change things.

I believe the blockchain will host files, like file sharing etc.

pqmomba8

I researched for a few months into alt coins and bitcoin. It really is the cutting edge of the technology and is not near mainstream adoption anytime soon. Other uses of the technology might also change things.

I believe the blockchain will host files, like file sharing etc.

I agree - blockchain is the peer-peer technology that can be extended to varying degrees to different application. (There are altcoins already that are doing this - namecoin, stoj, etc.)

Somewhat related - did you know that what we see on the web only accounts for about 10% of the actual Internet? The rest is 'dark'. Been exploring the darknet / deepweb lately. Wow - mind blown!!!