Bigotry against homosexuals is declining, one grave at a time

Tinark

A walkout in protest of Dowling Catholic High School's decision to not hire a gay teacher will be held on Wednesday afternoon.

Dowling Catholic High School students and alumni are planning to do a "peaceful" walkout and prayer at the northeast entrance of the school at 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, according to a news release.

"In holding this walkout, our goal is to let our community, administration and diocese know that the decisions of our diocesan and school leaders are not a direct reflection of what the students at Dowling Catholic believe," Grace Mumm, a Dowling student, wrote in the news release.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ts-plan-walkout-support-gay-teacher/25453831/

Petitioning Skutt Catholic High School (student led petition)

End employment discrimination against Mr. Eledge and future faculty

Mr. Matthew Eledge has been an English teacher and speech coach at Skutt Catholic since 2010. Since then, he has created a legacy. Not only has he changed students’ lives in the classroom, but he has also made Skutt a premier school for speech competition. Under his leadership, the students have won five consecutive conference and district titles and capped another successful year with its fourth straight state championship this past March. Unfortunately, this legacy will be coming to an end. Mr. Eledge is being fired from Skutt Catholic for being in a gay relationship.

We believe Mr. Eledge should not be fired because of his sexual orientation. We must take action and demand equality for a great teacher, a successful coach, and an even better human being.

https://www.change.org/p/skutt-cath...mination-against-mr-eledge-and-future-faculty

General-Social-Survey-gay-marriage.jpeg

shagster01

Put this graph away. It shows a majority of Nick M's generation supporting gay marriage and contradicts his, "it's the stupid millennials fault" argument.

Last edited:

Buzzword

It's not just the graves.

More and more older adults who spewed bile at what to them was a vague, nebulous horde of sinners for years are experiencing sudden, shocking turnaround when their own sons and daughters come out of the closet, and suddenly the vague, nebulous horde is a person they already know and love.

Of course, there are still exceptions to that, with still far too many teens being booted from home for coming out of the closet.
But unlike in years past, they have somewhere to go after their parents stop loving them.
And many of those hate-filled parents do eventually realize that their child isn't "steep in sin" or "just going through a phase," and tearfully seek their child out and beg forgiveness.

Quincy

It's declining, sure but I doubt it will ever disappear.

Anyways, look at that 64% stat. I anticipate the nation's first openly homosexual president some time shortly after the next 20 years or so pass.

"Today, the First Sir stepped out on the White House lawn wearing absolutely fabulous attire designed by....."

Last edited:

Lon

Yep. Sin is always in vogue. This is just this decade's 'new' old fashion. The Greeks and Romans lost world denomination because of sin. We will too. There is a cycle to every nation. Our heyday will be over for 'attacking the family unit.' That's where the rubber meets the road. It isn't very bright to give 1% of the population all this power over 99%. It will come back over and over again and bite us in our collective ends. God cannot be mocked, a man does, in fact, reap what he/she sows. You all will live through the time when the pendulum swings back hard, because there really will be no other place for it to go. You cannot escape consequences. "For every action, there is an equal, opposite reaction." Read your own books if you won't read mine.

Lon

It's not just the graves.

More and more older adults who spewed bile at what to them was a vague, nebulous horde of sinners for years are experiencing sudden, shocking turnaround when their own sons and daughters come out of the closet, and suddenly the vague, nebulous horde is a person they already know and love.

Of course, there are still exceptions to that, with still far too many teens being booted from home for coming out of the closet.
But unlike in years past, they have somewhere to go after their parents stop loving them.
And many of those hate-filled parents do eventually realize that their child isn't "steep in sin" or "just going through a phase," and tearfully seek their child out and beg forgiveness.
Matthew 10:37 "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
Luke 12:19 And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry."'
Luke 12:20 But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?'
Luke 12:21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."

The Berean

Yep. Sin is always in vogue. This is just this decade's 'new' old fashion. The Greeks and Romans lost world denomination because of sin. We will too. There is a cycle to every nation. Our heyday will be over for 'attacking the family unit.' That's where the rubber meets the road. It isn't very bright to give 1% of the population all this power over 99%. It will come back over and over again and bite us in our collective ends. God cannot be mocked, a man does, in fact, reap what he/she sows. You all will live through the time when the pendulum swings back hard, because there really will be no other place for it to go. You cannot escape consequences. "For every action, there is an equal, opposite reaction." Read your own books if you won't read mine.

Good point Lon. "Acceptance" of homosexuality today is really no different than acceptance of fornication and adultery a few decades ago. Remember when fornication and adultery were considered shameful acts? Now, they are the backbones of most "reality" TV shows and TV shows like "Cheaters".

Tinark

The remaining adherents of a dying religion always get defensive. They are ignorant of history and the real causes of events. Soon, thinking takes on a paranoid, conspiratorial bent, as the whole world seems to be against them. They clutch desperately to the last empty hope that they have: "my God will show you that I'm right, just wait." Soon after, as their God fails to appear, as He always does, it takes its last, dying breath.

hqdefault.jpg

The homophobic version of Christianity will soon have it's own tombstone.

This Charming Manc

My moral compass comes not from my faith not opinion polls.

Homosexuality and Christianity are incompatible.

Beliefs of anyone beyond God don't really change that.

Last edited:

oatmeal

My moral compass comes not from my faith not opinion polls.

Homosexuality and Christianity are incompatible.

Beliefs on anyone beyond God don't really change that.

Good summary.

Those who choose to love and serve God will shun evil.

Yet those who choose to love and serve God will always have compassion on those who want to love and serve God regardless of their spiritual condition.

Homosexuality like any sin can and should be overcome. It is not only self destructive, like all sin, it effects others negatively, like all sin.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

John 3:16

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists should believe that evolution would have wiped out the homos by now, shouldn't they?

It's no wonder the homos and evolutionists are flocking to this thread; they love debate points that involve how popular their ideas are. Without them, they wouln't be able to stay in the conversation.

TracerBullet

attacking the family unit? Do you mean like denying millions of families legal protections?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists don't believe this because they make up stories to avoid problems.