Biden administration refuses to allow Americans escaped from Afghanistan back into the US

marke

Why? Because democrats have no desire to publicize heroic efforts of conservatives to save Americans alive after the Biden administration abandoned them behind enemy lines.

The Department of Homeland Security on Tuesday denied U.S. landing rights to a charter plane carrying more than 100 American citizens and legal permanent residents attempting to flee Afghanistan, flight organizers told Reuters.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
WASHINGTON, Sept 29 (Reuters) - More than 100 U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents evacuated to Abu Dhabi from Afghanistan aboard a charter flight are expected to fly on to the United States on Thursday, the State Department and flight organisers said.

"Our embassy staff in the UAE has been working around the clock to verify the accuracy of the passenger manifest and is coordinating with DHS/Customs and Border Protection on the ground to ensure the passengers are screened and vetted before they are permitted to fly to the United States," a State Department spokesperson said.
"We expect the passengers to continue onward travel tomorrow morning," the spokesperson added. . . .
In a subsequent interview on Wednesday, Stern said that DHS had identified to authorities at Abu Dhabi airport in the United Arab Emirates one person among the evacuees as "a problem," but he did not know definitively whether this was the reason that landing rights were denied.
"DHS reached out to the airport and said, 'This guy doesn't fly.' They gave me his name. We went and found him. Told him he couldn't fly and took him off the manifest. But I don't know if that was the issue," Stern said.

And, the plane arrived in the U.S.

So much for your Biden Derangement Syndrome-driven finger-pointing.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
2oxFmAP.png

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You are comparing US citizens to unvetted Afghani refugees? And you're failing to note that Cotton's bill would have allowed assistance to continue for 18 months?

Could you please go away again?
It was nice when you were gone.
Thank you.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You are comparing US citizens to unvetted Afghani refugees? And you're failing to note that Cotton's bill would have allowed assistance to continue for 18 months?

Could you please go away again?
It was nice when you were gone.
Thank you.

They weren't only U.S. citizens.

And the delay was because.... they were vetting the passengers.

Twenty-eight U.S. citizens, 83 lawful permanent residents - green card holders - and six people with U.S. Special Immigration Visas granted to Afghans who worked for the U.S. government during the 20-year war in Afghanistan were aboard the Kam Air flight, Stern said.

marke

WASHINGTON, Sept 29 (Reuters) - More than 100 U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents evacuated to Abu Dhabi from Afghanistan aboard a charter flight are expected to fly on to the United States on Thursday, the State Department and flight organisers said.

"Our embassy staff in the UAE has been working around the clock to verify the accuracy of the passenger manifest and is coordinating with DHS/Customs and Border Protection on the ground to ensure the passengers are screened and vetted before they are permitted to fly to the United States," a State Department spokesperson said.
"We expect the passengers to continue onward travel tomorrow morning," the spokesperson added. . . .
In a subsequent interview on Wednesday, Stern said that DHS had identified to authorities at Abu Dhabi airport in the United Arab Emirates one person among the evacuees as "a problem," but he did not know definitively whether this was the reason that landing rights were denied.
"DHS reached out to the airport and said, 'This guy doesn't fly.' They gave me his name. We went and found him. Told him he couldn't fly and took him off the manifest. But I don't know if that was the issue," Stern said.

And, the plane arrived in the U.S.

So much for your Biden Derangement Syndrome-driven finger-pointing.
The Biden administration left hundreds of American citizens and allies behind enemy lines with no plan of rescue. There is no excuse for that kind of horrific failure in leadership.

marke

The Biden administration did not vet thousands of Afghans first flown in from Afghanistan any more than the Biden administration vets tens of thousands of illegal immigrants from the US southern border. But it claims the reason the State Department has been blocking rescue flights from Afghanistan is because of vetting concerns. That is a dishonest attempt to block patriotic rescue attempts that the democrats take to be a rebuke of the Biden administration's abandonment of Americans behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.

ok doser

I still support the Afghan people who are under the tragic brutal control of murderous Muslim madmen. I'm saddened by the fact that democrats support murderous Muslim regimes in the world at the expense of innocent lives.
Cotten's bill would have funded the Afghan refugees who were brought in unvetted for the next 18 months.

ok doser

The Biden administration did not vet thousands of Afghans first flown in from Afghanistan any more than the Biden administration vets tens of thousands of illegal immigrants from the US southern border. But it claims the reason the State Department has been blocking rescue flights from Afghanistan is because of vetting concerns. That is a dishonest attempt to block patriotic rescue attempts that the democrats take to be a rebuke of the Biden administration's abandonment of Americans behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.
ladies-and-gentlemen-we-have-a-winner.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Would you rather they hadn't vetted? I mean really, you're either mad they vetted, or mad they let the plane land at O'Hare. Which is it?

marke

Would you rather they hadn't vetted? I mean really, you're either mad they vetted, or mad they let the plane land at O'Hare. Which is it?
I criticize the Biden administration for not vetting anyone coming into the US except for Americans rescued from Afghanistan terrorists after Biden abandoned them there.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I criticize the Biden administration for not vetting anyone coming into the US except for Americans rescued from Afghanistan terrorists after Biden abandoned them there.

Out of the "more than 100 American citizens and legal permanent residents" in your OP, 28 were American citizens, the rest were green card and special visa holders. Did you realize that?

marke

Out of the "more than 100 American citizens and legal permanent residents" in your OP, 28 were American citizens, the rest were green card and special visa holders. Did you realize that?
What are you trying to imply?

1. That 28 is a small number so no wonder Biden was not more anxious to get them out before abandoning them behind enemy lines?

2. That since most were only green card holders that means Biden had to delay their entry into the US until he could vet them for flying back into the US on a rescue flight? If those people had just crossed the southern border or had managed to get on board one of the US flights before they were abandoned, then they would have not had to go through the process of vetting, since people who enter the US that way are never vetted or are vetted later without being held until the vetting process could be completed.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What are you trying to imply?

I'm not implying anything, I'm stating it outright. The U.S. didn't delay a plane full of American citizens, they delayed a plane full of some citizens and more non-citizens - for the purpose of vetting.

Do you have a problem with them vetting? Yes or no?