Ben Carson’s Marxist Tax Plan

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Um, the standard definition of a user and a fee would suffice.
Right, but can you explain what services the users would be paying for?

It's the Medicare tax. It's flat across the board, 2.9 % to everyone regardless of income.

So if Carson took this part:

To protect those rising from poverty, the flat tax applies only to income above 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). For example, a family of four will not pay the 14.9 percent tax on their first $36,375 of income.

out of his tax plan you'd consider it fair?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
We know you are. What's your plan without taking from one to give to another? Or do you even have a plan? Oh wait...vote Republican.

voting republican
especially in the primaries
accomplishes a lot more
than
just whining on tol

have you tried going to a trump rally?
he will make it all better for you

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney
What are 'user fees'?

It currently costs $30 to enter Yellowstone National Park in a private, non-commercial vehicle.
It currently costs $350 to file a lawsuit in a Federal court.

Those are "user fees".

And $15.00 to call 911

Elcotel-Series5-01.jpg

(if they show up to put out a fire or arrest a burglar breaking into your house, that's substantially more).

drbrumley

Right, but can you explain what services the users would be paying for?

Snip for another time.

So if Carson took this part:

To protect those rising from poverty, the flat tax applies only to income above 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). For example, a family of four will not pay the 14.9 percent tax on their first $36,375 of income.

Ok, let's look at your example:

KMO makes 25,000 a year. Under Carson's plan, KMO would pay no tax because KMO doesn't make $36, 375.

ACW makes $100,000 a year. Under Carson's plan, ACW would pay $14,900 (14.9%)

You see, those above the 150% of the Federal Poverty Level get hammered. Carson's plan does not protect AcW because AcW is OVER the threshold of $36,375. He doesn't get the same break in that he gets nailed for the full amount, not $100,000 minus $36,375 which equals $63,625. And even if it did, it still isn't fair. Per the example, you have paid 0.

out of his tax plan you'd consider it fair?

How can anyone think this is fair is beyond me.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Snip for another time.
OK, whenever you're game.

How can anyone think this is fair is beyond me.
I'm confused now. You said the medicare tax was fair because it was the same percent for everyone. If you take that part out of Carson's plan you'd have a percentage tax that's the same for everyone, wouldn't you? How exactly are you defining fairness?

drbrumley

OK, whenever you're game.

I'm confused now. You said the medicare tax was fair because it was the same percent for everyone. If you take that part out of Carson's plan you'd have a percentage tax that's the same for everyone, wouldn't you? How exactly are you defining fairness?

The numbers don't lie KMO. The medicare tax is the fairest of the current taxes imposed by the Federal Government.

We are going by what Carson says correct? According to HIS plan, if you make less than $36,375 you pay $0 correct?

So if you pay $0, and if AcW pays $14,900 (14.9%) Or $9,480.13 if we deduct the $36,375 from the $100,000 he makes, how is that fair?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The numbers don't lie KMO. The medicare tax is the fairest of the current taxes imposed by the Federal Government.

We are going by what Carson says correct? According to HIS plan, if you make less than $36,375 you pay $0 correct?

So if you pay $0, and if AcW pays $14,900 (14.9%) Or $9,480.13 if we deduct the $36,375 from the $100,000 he makes, how is that fair?

You seem to be misunderstanding my question. I'm saying take the part in bold OUT of his plan.

drbrumley

You seem to be misunderstanding my question. I'm saying take the part in bold OUT of his plan.

Ok, let's do that then....

Based on this example then KMO at $25,000 and ACW at $100,000 at the same 14.9 % rate is as follows

KMO would pay $3,725.00 in income flat tax ($71.64 a week)
AcW would pay $14,900 in income flat tax. ($286.54 a week)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Ok, let's do that then....

Based on this example then KMO at $25,000 and ACW at $100,000 at the same 14.9 % rate is as follows

KMO would pay $3,725.00 in income flat tax
AcW would pay $14,900 in income flat tax.

Would you call that fair?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There is no such thing as a fair tax.

None really. Just the medicare tax is as they say. Fair (if that is even the right word to use) across the board.

It is high for sure.

so you weren't even saying that the medicare tax was fair. Now I understand.

drbrumley

so you weren't even saying that the medicare tax was fair. Now I understand.

Right. If everyone votes on staying in the program and agree to stay in the program a year or two (like health insurance today) they should pay into it. When you do it thru gunpoint, it no longer is fair. See what I am saying? AcW doesn't mind and is willing to use a gun to fund things. That is one of the main objections I have with him.