Believers are Children of Promise !

beloved57

Thats right, all who eventually live by Faith are Children of Promise as was Isaac, Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

itIf we understood this scripture correctly there would be no room for mans freewill religion. This scripture tells us how we become believers, brethren. Its not by mans freewill choosing but its by Gods word of promise effecting it so by His Power and Faithfulness, as it was so in bringing Isaac into the world,

If we read the sacred record of how Isaac came to be, it was the result of a unqualified promise made to Abraham Gen 17:19

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

God had promised earlier to Abraham Gen 17:2-6

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Believers are the result of the multiplication God promised Abraham in Gen 17:2 which extended into him being made a father of many nations .

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Gal 3:10, 16
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them." ...
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

beloved57

[Gal 3:10, 16
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them." ...
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

Did you want to discuss the OP ?

Nanja

Thats right, all who eventually live by Faith are Children of Promise as was Isaac, Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

itIf we understood this scripture correctly there would be no room for mans freewill religion. This scripture tells us how we become believers, brethren. Its not by mans freewill choosing but its by Gods word of promise effecting it so by His Power and Faithfulness, as it was so in bringing Isaac into the world,

If we read the sacred record of how Isaac came to be, it was the result of a unqualified promise made to Abraham Gen 17:19

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

God had promised earlier to Abraham Gen 17:2-6

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Believers are the result of the multiplication God promised Abraham in Gen 17:2 which extended into him being made a father of many nations .

Amen! The Faith that Believers have, the Children of Promise / the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, as Isaac, is not according to the flesh Rom. 9:7-8 received by their own freewill, but is a Spiritual Gift of God given to all of Abraham's Seed of many nations Gen. 17:4, the Chosen Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4.

Gal. 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal. 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

beloved57

nanja

Amen! The Faith that Believers have, the Children of Promise / the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, as Isaac, is not according to the flesh Rom. 9:7-8 received by their own freewill, but is a Spiritual Gift of God given to all of Abraham's Seed of many nations Gen. 17:4, the Chosen Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4.

Yes ! Thats why Jesus says in Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
vs 13 here is a clarification of Vs 12 of who believes on His Name.

They were born of God as fulfillment of Gods promise to Abraham to multiply his seed Gen 17:2-6 Not Abrahams natural seed, but his believing seed, those who come to Faith Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Rom 416

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Nanja

nanja

Yes ! Thats why Jesus says in Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
vs 13 here is a clarification of Vs 12 of who believes on His Name.

They were born of God as fulfillment of Gods promise to Abraham to multiply his seed Gen 17:2-6 Not Abrahams natural seed, but his believing seed, those who come to Faith Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Rom 416

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Amen Brother, and TY !