BEL: Strike 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Strike 3

This is show #013 and originally aired Mon. 1-20-03

This show has an interesting conversation with a guy who claims to be a "saved homosexual".

novice

Who is the stooge now?
The homo on the show said.....

"I am a homo but I live a godly lifestyle"

What in the world do you make of that?

Brother Vinny

Originally posted by novice

Probably means that, you know, apart from the sodomy, he tries to live a "holy" life.

Just goes to show where his focus is-- on his own works instead of on cultivating a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Homosexual by definition is against any godly lifestyle.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Originally posted by Paul DeYonghe

Probably means that, you know, apart from the sodomy, he tries to live a "holy" life.

Just goes to show where his focus is-- on his own works instead of on cultivating a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ.
I see what your getting at but I think there is more to it than that. After all.... homosexuality is not ONLY wrong because of sodomy.

If that were the case sodomy and homosexuality would be differentiated in the Bible.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Actually I think it is possible for a Christian with homosexual desires to live a godly life so long as he does not act on those desires and tries his best to not even think about homosexual acts.

Homosexuals who convert to Christianity rarely lose 100 percent of their desires the instant they are saved. They struggle with their particular temptations just like the rest of us do when we become Christians.

The Bible says Christ was tempted. He nevertheless lived a godly life.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Originally posted by Jefferson
Actually I think it is possible for a Christian with homosexual desires to live a godly life so long as he does not act on those desires and tries his best to not even think about homosexual acts.

Homosexuals who convert to Christianity rarely lose 100 percent of their desires the instant they are saved. They struggle with their particular temptations just like the rest of us do when we become Christians.

The Bible says Christ was tempted. He nevertheless lived a godly life.
That is true. However I don't think someone who is living a godly lifestyle (even if they had homosexual tendencies) would be proud of or defend the gay lifestyle.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
That is true. However I don't think someone who is living a godly lifestyle (even if they had homosexual tendencies) would be proud of or defend the gay lifestyle.
Agreed. I think that's what the caller was doing. Bob kept giving the example of how it would be inappropriate for a normal heterosexual male to go on a camping trip with Junior high school girls (even though he had no sexual desires for children).

And the caller agreed but when Bob pointed out that likewise it would also be inappropriate for a homosexual male to go on a camping trip with Junior high school boys (even though he had no sexual desires for children either) the caller protested that Bob was singling out converted homosexuals and putting more restrictions on them than on converted heterosexuals.

The caller was just not getting the point. And if he was then he was still defending (to a degree) his homosexual tendencies.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Originally posted by Jefferson

Agreed. I think that's what the caller was doing. Bob kept giving the example of how it would be inappropriate for a normal heterosexual male to go on a camping trip with Junior high school girls (even though he had no sexual desires for children).

And the caller agreed but when Bob pointed out that likewise it would also be inappropriate for a homosexual male to go on a camping trip with Junior high school boys (even though he had no sexual desires for children either) the caller protested that Bob was singling out converted homosexuals and putting more restrictions on them than on converted heterosexuals.

The caller was just not getting the point. And if he was then he was still defending (to a degree) his homosexual tendencies.
Looks like we agree 100%.

That was a good show wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.