BEL: Bob with Ann Coulter 8-01-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Ann Coulter ROCKS!!

Don't forget the Redneck Auction!!!!

C'mon folks. If everyone gave just ten bucks, Tye would be digging his way out of a very deep hole.

I would love to see Minus 3000 posts!!!!!!!!!

[isn't it pretty!!!!]

Ten bucks each!!!!!!!

That's less than the cost of a cup of coffee every morning for a month.

The Redneck Club will match every ten dollar donation from here on until the end of the Auction.

If you wanna donate more, all the better!

Let's watch Tye's post count sink into oblivion!!!!!

Remove Tye's Posts Here

Nimrod

Bob didn't say "Homophobic". You think there was a reason behind that? Is Bob no longer Homophobic? Or does he not want to offend Ann Coulter?

What are your thoughts?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: BEL: Bob with Ann Coulter 8-01-2003

Re: Re: BEL: Bob with Ann Coulter 8-01-2003

Originally posted by rfburnhertz
Have you read her new book yet?

I have it on CD (she is the one reading it).
It's pretty great.

I'm about halfway done with her book now. Very good book.

Crow

Originally posted by Nimrod
Bob didn't say "Homophobic". You think there was a reason behind that? Is Bob no longer Homophobic? Or does he not want to offend Ann Coulter?

What are your thoughts?

I remember he had a HOMO free month once, when he fined himself a buck every time he said homo. Maybe he's doing it again.

N

naima

Ann Coulter...

Ann Coulter...

Ann Coulter...:rolleyes:

This little anorexic right wing attack dog bimbo has about as much credibility as the equally moronic Michael Moore. :down:

rfburnhertz

Repent Leo, repent
Re: Ann Coulter...

Re: Ann Coulter...

Originally posted by naima
Ann Coulter...:rolleyes:

This little anorexic right wing attack dog bimbo has about as much credibility as the equally moronic Michael Moore. :down:

Then it should be fairly simple for you to point out to us some major lie from her current book or the interview with Bob.

N

naima

rfburnhertz...

rfburnhertz...

...go to Yahoo and search "ann coulter critics".

I believe the 2nd choice is "spinsanity...(something)..."
It is a well written article discussing her new book.
The article is fairly even handed, pointing out her appeal along with her many questionable tactics (and lies)

We are in a declining culture where entertainment blurs with actual news. She, like Moore, is part of the problem, not the solution.

Right wing fanatic morons?
Left wing fanatic morons?

Both left their brains at the front door. We should lock all of these clowns in a stadium and let them fight it out to the death.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently naima has no clue how to defend the statement...
This little anorexic right wing attack dog bimbo has about as much credibility as the equally moronic Michael Moore.

N

naima

Originally posted by Knight
Apparently naima has no clue how to defend the statement...

Knight I suggested to rfburnhertz in my last post to go to the site I found on a yahoo search. You should read the article on her book; it's not a bash-Coulter review, but it shows the underhanded tactics that shock-journalists like her (and many other assorted lefties and righties) use. This article defends my statement much better than I ever could.

I apologize for my anorexic bimbo comment but as I said before people like her and Moore are part of the problem not the solution.

Perhaps Coulter and Steisand could have some celebrity death match and each one could land a fatal blow at the same time.
We'de all be a lot better off...;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
naima, make your point here at TOL.

Give us a specific example of something Ann Coulter says or writes that is in error.

Crow

Here's a novel thought, Knight.
Let's not debate. Let's just post links at each other!
Why waste time having an opinion, when they're free for the asking on any search engine!
Ahhh....the marvels of modern life--you just gotta love it!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yea... the ol' handy link utility belt.

I have no point.... but this here link sounds real convincing... :rolleyes:

N

naima

Knight...

Knight...

...I'll paraphrase a couple of points from the article I mentioned; you should read it nonetheless.
...given the views of most of the regulars here, I can understand a fondness for Coulter but I've never heard her mentioned at TOL until she has an interview with Enyart.
(I'm still attempting to understand the obvious TOL mindset suggesting that buying hook, line, and sinker all the hard right wing schlock out there is compatible with our daily walk with the Lord)
:(

Nothing in the article surprised me as I've listened to Coulter on a number of occasions. Does the fact that she has views akin to your own make her antics any less wrong?

1) She uses misleading paraphrases to distort other's viewpoints.
Ex: She said Yale law professor Bruce Ackerman wanted to drop the war against global terrorism and concentrate on 'home-grown extremists'. Ackerman actually suggested a cautious approach to a global war, not dropping it and nowhere did he advocate concentrating on domestic instead of global terrorists.
Wild distortions (lies)
2) A quote from Coulter: "What conservatives object to is not liberal opinion commentary, but rather ostensibly objective news coated with smears", an obvious reference to the big three networks. Yet most of her examples of "media-bias" (over 40 examples in her book) use examples of columnists and political pundits (like herself) to attempt to make her point. But didn't she say that she and others like her did not object to liberal opinion commentary? I would agree to a left leaning liberal bias of the major networks but why use 40 examples of columnists she said she has no problem with. Here's basically what she's proved in this section of the book: "Liberal pundits and columnists and the New York Times editorial page are critical and often unfairly dismissive of conservatives and their policies" Wow! what a revelation Ann! Check out any "conservative" paper and you'll probably get the same thing. And tho I agree to a point about the major networks bias, the right can salivate and get their nightly "fix" now with Fox news.
:rolleyes:
3) As the article stated, Coulter also pummels nonsensical straw-man caricatures of political opponents throughout the book. She never tells us exactly what is included under the umbrella of "liberal". At one point she includes independent Jim Jeffords?
One might wonder if her definition of "liberal" is anyone to the left of her. Of course she, like Moore, preaches to a choir that is more than happy to gleefully go along for the half-truth ride.

She is without a doubt, "more polemic than argument", her book is riddled with factual errors, misrepresentations, and broad, inflammatory claims. Coulter claims: "Cliches, biases and outright lies are constantly reinforced through the media echo chamber" but given that she uses each of these afformentioned tactics in her book suggests another word to describe her. Hypocrite.

IMO Michael Moore and her might as well have been shaken out of the same self-serving pot. They both have a unique talent for inflammatory rhetoric in place of facts.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, I see you have no ability to make your own point so I will try force you to...

Forget Coulter, forget your link... forget all that.

Do you think (generally speaking) that the media has a liberal bias?

YES or NO?

N

naima

Knight...

Knight...

Originally posted by Knight
OK, I see you have no ability to make your own point so I will try force you to...

Forget Coulter, forget your link... forget all that.

Do you think (generally speaking) that the media has a liberal bias?

YES or NO?

My last post was not verbatim from the article. I made personal points throughout. Must you continually be so arrogant and patronizing to anyone you disagree with? I've already apologized for my personal attack on Coulter but that doesn't mean she doesn't play just as dishonest and mean as Michael Moore.

Read my last post, I answered your question.

As far as I can remember, I've answered (or attempted to) any question that has been asked of me during my time here.

Many of my questions to you and others in the past have been ignored or glossed over. When I questioned a lot of TOL's regular's racial insensitivity some time ago in a thread, you hit me with a ton of questions and accusations and I answered and responded to them and asked for your feedback and got nothing else from any of you.

I am a Christian.

I just cannot understand the TOL mindset that embraces virtually any radical right wing way of thinking, including the militia-ish, white-power-ish, gun-toting, etc... schlock and attempting to mesh it into your daily Christian lives as some sort of mutually inclusive hybrid of "truth"?

Status
Not open for further replies.