• Freak

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • me again

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangelion

Hey, I just realised who you are! Allow me to congratulate you on having a magnificent husband whose sensitivity and spirituality are almost without peer. :up: :up:

:)

P

Pilgrimagain

hmmm, have you noticed that whenever me again gets a vote Freak immediately gets another as well so that Freak is always 2 a head. Hmmm.

Goose

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
hmmm, have you noticed that whenever me again gets a vote Freak immediately gets another as well so that Freak is always 2 a head. Hmmm.
Are you logging on with multiple ip's again Pilgrim? ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
Are you insinuating something???????

Please be, please be!!!

Jaltus

LOL.

I agree that Pa is one of the most spiritual people on this board, along with Justin. When it comes to matters of relating to God, i always look for those two (notice my mysticism thread).

By the way, I call Pilgrimagain Pa because I AM LAZY!

Jaltus

Here is the weakness in Jay's argument from the last time, which I think me again did pick up on, if only in a cursory sense:
Let's try this one more time, I stated: I am also worried you did not deal sufficently with my remarks regarding First John. The Apostle John says the following: "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world" (see 1 John 4:1-4).
In order to strengthen his case, Jay should have noted that these verses in I John assume that Jesus is God, otherwise they make no sense. Therefore, it is implicit that one must accept Jesus as God as well as accept that He came in the flesh. What john is fighting here is the belief that Jesus came as God only, and that His flesh was an illusion.

If Jay had put that in his argument, it would have been much stronger.

Jaltus

Sadly, I actually start working in September. I thought I was going to be able to avoid it by going to school forever, but oh well.

At least it is teaching at seminary, nothing too real.

o2bwise

Freak Is So Obviously Wrong

Freak Is So Obviously Wrong

Freak's position is so obviously wrong. But, me again's position (as to what constitutes being saved) is wrong as well.

God's character (love) is something we humans lack 100%. His love can only be installed by God. His revelation of love is called GRACE and our permission of God's installation of that love is called FAITH.

Romans states that the revelation of CREATION itself is a sufficient revelation of God such that to not respond by faith is inexcusable (Romans 1).

In Romans 10, Paul asks "Have they not ALL heard?" and he is asking if God has been made known to ALL of humanity. Romans 10 goes on to quote Psalm 19. Psalm 19:1-4 clearly expounds on the word that is a revelation of creation.

There are folks in this world, past and present, who still have not ever heard of the NAME of Jesus Christ. Is God so circumscribed in the invitation to serve Him that such persons are lost? Simply because they never heard the word "Jesus Christ?" (Or, to assume freak's position is true, simply because they have not heard that Christ is divine?)

Consider the above paragraph with the following point. Romans says that ALL men are without excuse. Assuming the positions of freak and me again, how can a man who never had the opportunity to even hear the name "Jesus Christ" be without excuse?

The position is absolute folly on the face of it.

ANY REVELATION OF GRACE RECEIVED INTO THE HEART BY FAITH EFFECTIVELY WORKS AND IF IT HAS EFFECTIVELY WORKED, THAT PERSON IS BEING SAVED.

AND THE REVELATION OF CREATION ITSELF, THE BIBLE SAYS, IS SUFFICIENT GRACE TO EFFECTIVELY WORK IN A PERSON WHO BELIEVES.

One last point. Someone might believe that a person who has only seen (and responded to) the word that is a revelation of creation, is not serving the true God. This is incorrect, for the only grace there is, the only grace that can effectively work, MUST COME FROM GOD and thus, the person's faith that appropriating that grace is faith IN God.

In other words, a person's "theology" could be all over the map. But, it is still possible that a small part of his beliefs is inclusive of having truly received grace by faith. Such a person has at least a PARTIAL knowledge of who God is, that is accurate. To the exact extent of the grace that He already has received by faith.

God Bless,

Tony (o2)

Last edited:
P

Pilgrimagain

I'm not insuating anything. It's just a pretty smart move I think. I think some are hanging back on the voting and comming forward to keep it even when they need to.

Goose,
Well seeing as my wife and I use the same two computers, I bet our IP's are remarkably simular. And since my home comupter is cable, the IP better be the exact same every time!

P

Pilgrimagain

Tony,

In regards to those who have never heard...Our only assurance and hope is that whatever God does will be right.

Pilgrim

Zakath

Resident Atheist
A belated greeting Kimberblu! :D

Landlord, send that nice lady (and her husband of course!) one of whatever they're having on my tab...

Eireann

Kimberblue,

Greetings and salutations from one of the TOL pagans (unlike Evangelion, I can't be heretic, no matter how hard I badger Freak). Good hubby you got there.

Welcome aboard.:)

Jaltus

Well, I figured it might look a little weird to her, that her hubby is called Pa by someone who is not his son, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.