• me again

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Wow! I just read me again's second post and it was awesome. A bit long, but awesome!

me again

One shortfall in debates: It's almost impossible to keep the posts short -- espicially if all of the other guy's points are adequately addressed!

My next post should be much shorter. :)

Hey, check out this other poll. Click on Mr. Smiley: :D

Last edited:

MARANATHA2002

It seems to me, GOD’S plan for salvation has been the same, from the fall in the garden, till the end. The promise of the MESSIAH, to come and take the sins of the world away, was promised to Adam and Eve. The acceptance of this belief is what saved them. The belief that JESUS is this same MESSIAH, and HE died to pay for our sins, and accepting HIM as LORD is what saved us. Abraham believed GOD and it was counted as righteousness. What did Abraham believe? He believed that MESSIAH was coming to take the sins of the world away. My questions are, did the old testament saints know that MESSIAH was going to be GOD HIMSELF? If the books of the Bible are the true word of GOD, and I believe they are, then what did men draw from for salvation before these books were written? There has always been only one way to salvation. The promise of MESSIAH for those who had no Bible to read. For us, we believe HE came. We have the privilege of having GOD’S WORD as a physical origin for our beliefs. The old testament saints that lived before the WORD of GOD was recorded, believed what was past down from Adam, that the MESSIAH cometh. So if GOD is not a respecter of persons, and it can be shown that those before the WORD was recorded had no way of knowing that the MESSIAH was going to be GOD HIMSELF, did they all die lost, or was their faith in HIM, coming to take away the sins of the world (alone) enough. We must be care not to add to the WORD, and since JESUS IS THE WORD. Why are there those who say you need JESUS and. Peace, but not yet.

PENIEL

I'M LOSING MY SHIRT !!!

I'M LOSING MY SHIRT !!!

Put me down for one of those shirts Pleaaasse .:cool:

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
me again

me again

You said, “It's almost impossible to keep the posts short -- especially if all of the other guy's points are adequately addressed!”

Oh, I understand. Fortunately, your careful formatting made it easy to read. Great job! :cool:

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
MARANATHA2002, I read your post, but I’m confused.
You said, “Abraham believed GOD and it was counted as righteousness. What did Abraham believe? He believed that MESSIAH was coming to take the sins of the world away.”
The Scriptures say:
Gen. 15:5-6 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

I don’t see how you came to the conclusion that this passage is talking about the Messiah. Am I missing something? :)

Goose

Is it me, or are they arguing over two different issues? Is seems Freak is arguing for the Deity of Christ. Although he's doing a good job, it seems he's arguing on the wrong topic. Am I wrong? The thread is pretty long in text, so I might be missing something. Please tell me if I'm wrong, so I can get my facts straight.

Evangelion

Goose -

Is it me, or are they arguing over two different issues?

They are. Me Again is sticking to the topic. Freak is arguing for the Deity of Christ - using (ironically enough) arguments with which Me Again has already agreed.

Is seems Freak is arguing for the Deity of Christ.

He is.

Although he's doing a good job, it seems he's arguing on the wrong topic.

He is.

Am I wrong?

You're not.

The thread is pretty long in text, so I might be missing something.

You're not.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, so I can get my facts straight.

You're not. Freak is off-topic, while Me Again is rapidly gaining ground. :up:

Evangelion

Knight - love the "new look" for TOL. :up: Nice and shiny, and squeaky-clean. :D

It's a bit of a shame that you removed the "quick reply" boxes. They were great. Any chance of getting them back again?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Evangelion
Knight - love the "new look" for TOL. :up: Nice and shiny, and squeaky-clean. :D

It's a bit of a shame that you removed the "quick reply" boxes. They were great. Any chance of getting them back again?
Oh yea, everything will be back.

I am glad you like it.

I am building it with SPEED in mind.

Projill

Originally posted by Knight

I am glad you like it.

Still kinda slow to respond when I hit the "quote" or "reply" button and I'm on a DSL modem. I'm sure you'll figure it out, though. :)

me again

Must a man believe in the deity of Christ to be saved ?

Must a man believe in the deity of Christ to be saved ?

• Or is faith in Christ enough ?
I hope that Freak sticks to the topic. We both agree on the Deity of Christ. However, His Deity is not the question. I hope that Freak isn't arguing to prove the Deity of Christ!!!

Tonight, when I get a chance, I'll go back to the thread and will provide the scriptures that stipulate what a man must be do to be saved. It does not include Freak's statement:
  • Posted by Freak:
    You must believe that Jesus is God to be saved.
I've got too much work to do right now, so I can't make a reply in the battle-ring, but I will definitely get to it tonight. :D

Last edited:

Goose

The topic question should have been stated a little different. It through me off at first too.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I've been following Jay's and me again's posts and I'll say this, so far so good. It's the best set of posts I've seen from Jay Barlett yet.

I feel they'll end up arguing past each other, though...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Nathon Detroit
Hey , hey hey.... no action can go down here without me involved!

What's de line on this "Battle Royal"?
That's why we need you, buddy. You da man wit de odds! So, what're the odds, Nathan?

Meet me behind Jakes Tranny shop after midnight AND BRING YOUR DOUGH! (errr Doe?)

I never did like it back here, it's a dead-end alley if the cops show and Jake never puts the lids on the trash cans...

Tell ya what, if the odds are better'n 5:3 gimme $50 on me again... ;)

Evangelion

Knight -

Beauty. :up:

I am glad you like it.

I knew you'd be mortified if I didn't. ;)

Neat. I can already see that the silver/grey graphics load much faster than the green/off-white graphics. :)

BTW, I hope to have ADSL in about a month, DV. (Finally got sick of dial-up.) :D

Jaltus

I think I get it!

Jay is trying to show that the bible states Jesus is God in order to make it the BASIS for salvation. He is building his case from the ground up, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.