Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Primghar said:
Governments make terrible "rules" all the time!
That's true. For instance here in Michigan there is a rule against putting any criminals to death. It's terrible!

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
That's true. For instance here in Michigan there is a rule against putting any criminals to death. It's terrible!

Yeah, you are right. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just kill everyone!?! Except, of course, me, because I know God's will and he definitely wants everyone to die before they get a chance to accept his gracious gift of salvation.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Primghar said:
So, what about in China where printing and distributing the Bible is illegal?? Since the government made this rule, we are all supposed to follow it?? Or what about countries where it is illegal to practice Christianity? That does not make any sense!!! Governments make terrible "rules" all the time! I do not think God is telling us to do whatever the government tells us to--that is ridiculous!
good rules. christians should stop printing bibles and they should definitely stop practicing.

perhaps china should take you up on that offer.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Primghar said:
Yeah, you are right. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just kill everyone!?! Except, of course, me, because I know God's will and he definitely wants everyone to die before they get a chance to accept his gracious gift of salvation.
Wow. :doh:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Primghar said:
Yeah, you are right. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just kill everyone!?!
No. God has not commanded that everyone be put to death, but only certain types of criminals, and only upon conviction by governing rulers based upon the testimony of two or three lines of evidence.

Do you think your strawmen are fooling anyone?

theo_victis

No. God has not commanded that everyone be put to death, but only certain types of criminals, and only upon conviction by governing rulers based upon the testimony of two or three lines of evidence.

Apparently Christians should do everything in their power to make sure the gospel message is spread to save people from hell and everything in their power to condemn people so that they get the DP.

Are you handicapped in anyway?

theo_victis

this is why i said turbo wins the debate if he lives in a state that supports the death penalty. how many verses do you want where it says christians should follow the rules laid out by government?

I live in minnesota. We do not have the DP. SO I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theo_victis

Turbo:

I am sorry. I actually meant to respond to the Sin's that lead to death and sins that do not. I completely forgot.

If you still want my response I can give it to you.

theo_victis

how many verses do you want where it says christians should follow the rules laid out by government?

LOL! With this reasoning, Christians should not have opposed Hitler, Nazis, the mass persecution of Jews, Gypsies, Christians should not have opposed Stalin, Communism, Christians in Africa where Christianity is illegal in some countries should abandon Christianity on the basis of absolute obedience.

Come on. Use some logic. Romans 13 did nothing for Turbo. He did not exegetically prove that the sword was not symbolic. He just said it wasnt. Read an exegetical Commentary. Read a book. Learn something!

Should a Christian support the DP when we are commanded not to Judge hypocritically? When we are commanded to show forgiveness? When we are commanded to show mercy? When we are commanded to act and speak as those under the law of freedom? When the OT law was fulfilled and made obsolete in Christ? When Jesus, the early Church, Joseph, and God the father exercised forgiveness over death? Answer those questions and then I may consider your position.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
theo_victis said:
Apparently Christians should do everything in their power to make sure the gospel message is spread to save people from hell and everything in their power to condemn people so that they get the DP.
Not just people, theo. Capital criminals. The ones you want imprisoned.

Apparently Christians should do everything in their power to make sure the gospel message is spread to save people from hell and everything in their power to condemn people to prison.​

You still haven't learned to think through these lame arguments you make. :doh:

Are you handicapped in anyway?
No. Why do you ask?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just to clarify, I never suggested that Romans 13 means that Christians should support whatever laws are in place regardless of whether they are unjust.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
theo_victis said:
I live in minnesota. We do not have the DP.

I know, Minnesota is filled with liberal morons.

We also attract murderers since our legal system is so soft.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
theo_victis said:
Should a Christian support the DP when we are commanded not to Judge hypocritically? When we are commanded to show forgiveness? When we are commanded to show mercy? When we are commanded to act and speak as those under the law of freedom? When the OT law was fulfilled and made obsolete in Christ? When Jesus, the early Church, Joseph, and God the father exercised forgiveness over death? Answer those questions and then I may consider your position.
I answered all of those questions.

theo_victis

Apparently Christians should do everything in their power to make sure the gospel message is spread to save people from hell and everything in their power to condemn people to prison.

You did not clearly take the time to read what I said. I stated that idealistically we should let people go without imprisonment. I stated that like three times. Then I stated, because I knew you would raise your seventy-times seven objection, that for some we should discipline those we know are not going to be model citizens even after being forgiven. Is this that complicated to understand?

Free those who are redeemed in Christ and transformed by the power of the gospel, and correct those who need help.

What is contradictory about that?

No. Why do you ask?

Because you seem to miss a basic tenet of my position so easily and then misrepresent my views and dodge my arguments.

Dont, get me wrong Turbo, I enjoyed this debate with you, however, I think you either completely misunderstood me (which would be both of our faults) or purposely misrepresented me (which would be your fault).

From the very beginning I clarified that this debate had nothing to do with our views on imprisonment, but you decided to use that as the foundation for your position. You used something irrelevant and tried to make it relevant, knowing fully it had nothing to do with our discussion.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Primghar said:

:kookoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.