Battle Talk ~ Battle Royale VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by bob b
On the contrary it is obvious that life could only have been created by a super intelligent being.

Really? In that case, WHICH "super intelligent being" did you have in mind, and where is the evidence in support of that decision?

Or is this just another assertion that you are either unwilling or unable to provide reasoning for?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In that case, WHICH "super intelligent being" did you have in mind, and where is the evidence in support of that decision?

Why of course I have worked out a mathematical proof of this, which unfortunately only a handful of people in the entire world are able to comprehend.

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Why of course I have worked out a mathematical proof of this, which unfortunately only a handful of people in the entire world are able to comprehend.

In that case, could you possibly provide the name and phone number of the asylum in which these people can be found?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bmyers
In that case, could you possibly provide the name and phone number of the asylum in which these people can be found?

Try:

The National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Boulevard,
Arlington, Virginia 22230,
USA Tel: 703-292-5111

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Try:

The National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Boulevard,
Arlington, Virginia 22230,
USA Tel: 703-292-5111

Sorry, they say they've never heard of you...

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Bob,

For a short while there I thought you were just a deluded but reasonable guy like One Eyed Jack. Now I see you are fanatical loony.

Baloney. there is no evidence whatsoever to support the fairytale that all creatures evolved from a hypothetical protocell.

There is bucketloads of evidence.. you just don’t want to see it !

On the contrary it is obvious that life could only have been created by a super intelligent being.

Obvious to who ?? Certainly not me and most of the intelligent scientific community of the world. I think Bmyers chastised you enough over that ridiculous statement.

Yet you passionately deny this and like many others latch onto the modern day fairytale, because you hate the idea that you will have to someday account for your sinful actions to an all powerful God who created the universe and life within it.

NOW.. we finally get to it.. your lunatic rant.. just what I was hoping you would avoid but somehow KNEW it was in the wings somewhere. This is HOW you justify your ridiculous illogical beliefs.. this is WHY you think scientists all over the world LIE about evolution.. this is why the GREAT CONSPIRACY against God thrives… we are sinners trying to escape his wrath…

Bwahahah..lol..rotfl..

You haven’t even thought that through.. I bet you any money I lead a life as good and moral as you (in fact most atheist I know are more moral than theists as they have more empathy knowing this is our one shot at life).. So I should be judged well by any God that has an ounce of fairness in them.. so why should I hate or fear his judgement.

You are just using the classic thing that conned you into abandoning logic.. fear.. fear of hell and damnation.. because you are dumb enough to fall for the fearmongerers illogical story don’t expect me to !

Bowing down is something you will eventually have to do even though every fiber in your being rebels at such a thought.

When you find out how wrong you are you will be too DEAD to know !

attention

Baloney. there is no evidence whatsoever to support the fairytale that all creatures evolved from a hypothetical protocell.

Yet you passionately deny this and like many others latch onto the modern day fairytale, because you hate the idea that you will have to someday account for your sinful actions to an all powerful God who created the universe and life within it.

Bowing down is something you will eventually have to do even though every fiber in your being rebels at such a thought.

What "obvious" facts do you have to support your claim?

Where is this design factory of this super intelligent being?

What proof do you have for "creation"?

And please also answer us then the question, if life was created by a more intelligent and more complex being, then who designed that being?

Couple of questions that needs to be answered.

Wether an idea about reality actually fits reality or not, can not be judged on personal taste.

For the same reason it can be said that you simply don't like the idea that all life evolved from lifeless matter, and that simpler life forms evolved into more complex life forms.

Even when that is the truth, and has lots of evidence, this truth is not purely based on a matter of taste or personal interest.

Scientific truths are not to be judged at the basis of personal taste. We merely have to deal with the scientific truth, wether we like it or not.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I bet you any money I lead a life as good and moral as you (in fact most atheist I know are more moral than theists as they have more empathy knowing this is our one shot at life).. So I should be judged well by any God that has an ounce of fairness in them.. so why should I hate or fear his judgement.

"For all have sinned and fallen short".

If I had to depend on my morally to be saved I would be in as much trouble as you or anyone else who is depending on themselves and their own "goodness" to be saved.

Fortunately for all us sinners God has a different plan which is available to any who humble themselves and accept God as their Savior.

You do not seem to understand that everyone will be judged guilty based on their deeds (unless they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior). This is the Gospel of the Lord.

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Bob,

If I had to depend on my morally to be saved I would be in as much trouble as you or anyone else who is depending on themselves and their own "goodness" to be saved.

So basically you can act up all you like then accept Jesus.. and Bingo .. saved.

I don’t have that luxury.. I have to behave all the time.. my fellow men only get one crack at life so it would be wrong of me to stuff it up for them !

Fortunately for all us sinners God has a different plan which is available to any who humble themselves and accept God as their Savior.

Pity this plan is so obscure and illogical.

You do not seem to understand that everyone will be judged guilty based on their deeds (unless they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior). This is the Gospel of the Lord.

So no matter how good and moral I am if I don’t accept Jesus as my saviour I am doomed)

This sounds like the petty, tyrannical capricious sort of thing a Human would do.. No surprise that humans wrote the Bible.

If there is a God and he acted in this way.. demanding bowing and scrapping and dooming people to Hell for just not following the correct protocol.. he would be worst than petty tyrant human kings !

He ain’t someone I would want to Know !

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Aussie Thinker
Bob,

So basically you can act up all you like then accept Jesus.. and Bingo .. saved.

I don’t have that luxury.. I have to behave all the time.. my fellow men only get one crack at life so it would be wrong of me to stuff it up for them !

Pity this plan is so obscure and illogical.

So no matter how good and moral I am if I don’t accept Jesus as my saviour I am doomed)

This sounds like the petty, tyrannical capricious sort of thing a Human would do.. No surprise that humans wrote the Bible.

If there is a God and he acted in this way.. demanding bowing and scrapping and dooming people to Hell for just not following the correct protocol.. he would be worst than petty tyrant human kings !

He ain’t someone I would want to Know !

Accepting the free gift that Jesus has offered you has nothing to do with bowing and scrapping. I do ,however, agree with the whole dooming to Hell thing. As long as it's only FOOLS like you!

ZimOlson

Mathematical Proof that God exists.

Mathematical Proof that God exists.

Mathematical Proof that God Exists:

Is there anything that does not have a context? Such as the Universe for example. Is "God" the best known way to model the context of the Universe? As far as providing usefull knowledge and Applications. Then , I say God exists.

See: http://www.zimmathematics.com

Zim Olson

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Zim,

That was hilarious..

I actually spent about 20 minutes going through your ludicrous mathematical models.

Try substituting “Pink Unicorn” for God in your equations and you get proof for the Pink Unicorn existing…

In fact SURPRISE SURPRISE .. you can prove ANYTHING

ZimOlson

God and What Exists and What Doesn't

God and What Exists and What Doesn't

Your right:

Mathematics does not exist in a lot of people's minds. As far as what exists and what doesn't I think my "Math. Statement" is good and the Purple Unicorn exists in your mind at least.

Zim Olson

Bigotboy

Aussie,
What is it about creationists and/or Christians that upsets you so much ? You seem pretty worked up that we don't see your "obvious" proofs for macro evolution, but in the living of every day life does it make any difference to you what a creationist/Christian believes?
I'm really interested in why this seems to bother you. I also acknowledge that some Christians are pretty upset with the evolutionists.

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
BB,

Aussie,
What is it about creationists and/or Christians that upsets you so much ? You seem pretty worked up that we don't see your "obvious" proofs for macro evolution, but in the living of every day life does it make any difference to you what a creationist/Christian believes?
I'm really interested in why this seems to bother you. I also acknowledge that some Christians are pretty upset with the evolutionists.

You know that is a damn good question.. I hope you want the relatively long winded answer ?

Initially is wasn’t something I cared about all that much.

I admit I was SHOCKED to find this relatively TINY enclave of Americans that still believed in a 6,000 year old Earth and Biblical creation.. well I just put it down to US Fundamental Bible belt madness and moved on.

Then I was directed to some tapes by Kent Hovind. They were a VERY interesting bunch of tapes and at the time very compelling.

Here I was an atheist and an evolutionist having my worldview turned up side down. Could I have been fooled for so long. I did some research and some of the fundamental things Hovind said seemed RIGHT !

The geopolitical column measuring age of fossils and fossils measuring ages was a doosy.. circular reasoning at its WORST !

Then I researched further.. It became VERY clear that EVERYTHING Hovind said was WRONG. How could I have been fooled by him.. well he is VERY humorous well spoken and persuasive.

I then became annoyed that Hovind CONTINUED with his lies LONG after he should have known they were lies.. what was his agenda ???

During this time of research the obviousness of evolution became so clear that it is hard to believe it in still disputed by s very tine group of Christians. It also became a VERY interesting field that I research as a hobby.

My experience made me somewhat a crusader against the lies spread by Hovind and his ilk… I am passionate only in that I detest the spread of ignorance and lies.

You will find me equally passionate in regard to bigotry and human rights.. also (you may find oddly) in anti abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.