• PilgrimAgain

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dee Dee Warren

A certain moderator can edit in the proper vote once the Battle is underway.

Post Modern Fundamentalist
hey yx, when are you gonna open the thread, flip the coin, and get this show on the road?

D

Dee Dee Warren

1013 - I like your new moniker. I am not quite sure exactly what it means, but it looks cool. I am trying to think of a new one for myself, but nothing cool is coming to mind.

D

Dee Dee Warren

That just does not seem like me. I think I will start a new thread asking for suggestions.

I am not quite sure exactly what it means

It's sort of half serious. It's a title I find entertaining, something that could be somewhat of an oxymoron mixing something that is considered the most avant garde with that which is considered the most backward and unprogressive, and both I might add are often viewed as suspect and dangerous. It also sort of represents the mixture of views that I hold. For example, I in general believe in young earth creationism, but at the other end, I hold to open theism. Not that that is really something that ought to be identified with post modernism, but some of your open theist scholars in some ways think of the term fitting themselves (not that I fully swallow all their forays into the realm of the post modern). Really, perhaps the closest thing I hold to that is a post modern view is my view that you've just seen me argue is on the validity of emotional considerations in arguementation. Also I do believe what kierkegard said in that "truth is subjecthood" (considered a better translation than "truth is subjectivism"). liberals (and critics like Francis Schaefer) usually interpret that along the lines of reletivism, but coming from a more christian interpretation of kierkegaard, it says that grasping the Truth will not leave you unaffected but in fact changes you. So there is no such thing as an unaffected fully objective observer.

Last edited:

well, I'm working on my opening arguement right now, so even if I win the coin toss, I doubt I'll be finished till tomarrow.

PA, did you get my pmail a round about last week?

Don't blurt out the content of that pmail if you have by the way.

Last edited:
Y

Yxboom

I apologize I was at the doctors all day. The Battle Royale is under way as scheduled just a bit delayed in the hour.

Solly

BANNED
Banned
I declare PA the winner on the grounds that, while he might not know all the answers, he sincerely seeks them with the light he has, and that should be accepted as such.

silly solly. That just means that he'll make it to heaven where he'll be set straight. Unless of course he rejects the better light that I'm going to present to him. Then he'll just be damned to eternal confusion on the subject.

P

Pilgrimagain

hey now, there's no room for damnation if we're going to be inclusivists, I just have to be true to what I do know! (Of course, no one ever has been able to do that completely so....)

Status
Not open for further replies.