Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Zakath

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anna

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
all we are saying, is give peace a chance! ;)

It's the heat MeAgain. I don't know about anyone else but we are having the hottest days of the year here around detroit. It get's everyone really peevish.

Try living in Louisiana. We got so much heat and humidity down here that it feels like a sauna especially after it rains. We may actually beat New York in the West Nile Virus epidemic and murder is common news.
ac
;)

C

cirisme

I heard a joke that the gov of La said, "If the murderer doesn't get you, the mosquitoes will."

:crackup:

P

Pilgrimagain

In that case I think I'll stay herein Michigan, though I did just get a resume request from 1st Presbyterian Honolulu.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
...though I did just get a resume request from 1st Presbyterian Honolulu.
Honolulu? That's tough duty, but someone's got to do it! :D

MARANATHA2002

I am from Louisiana, I am working in Washington State till the end of October, then its back home. We are north of Seattle, the mid 70 weather is like A/C to us. The family tells us its very hot back home, and rains alot. It should cool off by the time we get home, just in time for hunting season. ;-) Peace, but not yet.

anna

Originally posted by cirisme
I heard a joke that the gov of La said, "If the murderer doesn't get you, the mosquitoes will."

:crackup:

LOL!!! <cough, cough> LOL !!!!!!
I can almost hear Gov Foster's voice
:D :crackup:
ac

anna

)
Originally posted by MARANATHA2002
I am from Louisiana, I am working in Washington State till the end of October, then its back home. We are north of Seattle, the mid 70 weather is like A/C to us. The family tells us its very hot back home, and rains alot. It should cool off by the time we get home, just in time for hunting season. ;-) Peace, but not yet.

What part of LA are you from?
ac
ps (You just have ta' rub it in doncha':D I envy you:eek:

MARANATHA2002

Hello Anna

We live just north of Baton Rouge. Didn’t mean to rub it in.

My mother told me the good ole governor has recommended that women carry a firearm for protection, with the serial killer lose. If he attacks again, I hope the woman can put him away. There is the concealed fire method of defense that women should learn, where women carry their purses on the opposite side of their dominate hand, with the strap of the purse over the head. If an attack occurs you just reach in the purse and point the weapon from the purse at the attacker, keeping the purse between you and the attacker. He will never know what hit him, as you fire point plank into his abdomen in a slightly upward position. We have trained several on this type of defense. This method allows for easy access to the weapon. Keep the purse in this position even while driving. With a little awareness perception training, and scenario practice, you should be able to defend yourself. Of course there are a few details in technique that should have attention. You can practice this with a friend playing the attacker. Using your hand as the weapon in your purse, act out an attack, the goal here is to keep the purse positioned between you and the attacker during the attack, with the muzzle of the weapon pointed at the attacker. You should practice this scenario on a regular basis. Peace, but not yet.

P

Pilgrimagain

Zak,

I told them that I was already living on nice island 3000 miles off the California coast! ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
...You can practice this with a friend playing the attacker. Using your hand as the weapon in your purse, act out an attack, the goal here is to keep the purse positioned between you and the attacker during the attack, with the muzzle of the weapon pointed at the attacker. You should practice this scenario on a regular basis.
If the inside of most women's purses look like my wife's, how do you keep the weapon from jamming?

anna

Hello Anna

We live just north of Baton Rouge. Didn’t mean to rub it in.

My mother told me the good ole governor has recommended that women carry a firearm for protection, with the serial killer lose. If he attacks again, I hope the woman can put him away. There is the concealed fire method of defense that women should learn, where women carry their purses on the opposite side of their dominate hand, with the strap of the purse over the head. If an attack occurs you just reach in the purse and point the weapon from the purse at the attacker, keeping the purse between you and the attacker. He will never know what hit him, as you fire point plank into his abdomen in a slightly upward position. We have trained several on this type of defense. This method allows for easy access to the weapon. Keep the purse in this position even while driving. With a little awareness perception training, and scenario practice, you should be able to defend yourself. Of course there are a few details in technique that should have attention. You can practice this with a friend playing the attacker. Using your hand as the weapon in your purse, act out an attack, the goal here is to keep the purse positioned between you and the attacker during the attack, with the muzzle of the weapon pointed at the attacker. You should practice this scenario on a regular basis. Peace, but not yet.

Oh..well I guess I will have to forgive you just this one time. :D
I live in Mandeville, so it is safer here, but more people are moving here, and I go across the lake enough to need one.
A good friend of mine lives in Baton Rouge in some apartments that have been a hot spot for rape and murder.

Thanks for the advice. I will have to buy a big purse or buy a small gun that will be effective.
What kind of gun would you recomend to someone like me who has never owned a gun?
ac

MARANATHA2002

Originally posted by Zakath

If the inside of most women's purses look like my wife's, how do you keep the weapon from jamming?

Hey Zak and Anna

The preparation of the purse for this type of defense should be considered. There are also purses that I have seen at gun-shows, which have a pouch for the weapon. I recommend a hammer-less revolver, like the SP-101, I believe it is made by Ruger. This revolver is a 357 Mag. , but the .38 special round can be used in this gun, and maybe more suitable for women. S&W also makes a version of this type of revolver. I do not recommend autos for this type of defense, stick with the hammer-less revolvers. Peace, but not yet.

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I'm not up on the multitude of different styles of handguns. I do seem to recall having heard of a "hammerless" pistol before. I think the pouch construction would be essential so as not to obstruct the barrel and have the little beastie misfire and blow up in the lady's hand.

Very unpleasant and not very effective at stopping the bad guy. ;)

P

Pilgrimagain

I liked knights last post. The three emotionallyc harged examples he provides are very moving. Indeed, I can not think of any one who would see that as right, except perhaps the twisted individuals who perpetrate such crimes. But the whole world recognized the actions as criminal and called those involved to account so...

Status
Not open for further replies.