Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Zakath

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pilgrimagain

Zak's post was cogent and well thought out. I think he takes a big step in assuming that definition because Knight may not agree with it. We'll have to see.

Pilgrim

admiral_d

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
Zak's post was cogent and well thought out. I think he takes a big step in assuming that definition because Knight may not agree with it. We'll have to see.

Twas interesting to me that Zak chose the definitions that he did...my dictionarys do not completely agree with Zaks choice of a definitions....Wonder what will happen...Only time will tell, ..:)

Goose

Re: Oooops

Re: Oooops

Originally posted by Knight
I am sure Daniels post was an oversight. I deleted it.
It was. I already talked to him about it. It was an accident.

Goose

You know one side is going to fail when that side starts to obfuscate in the first post by redefining things.

C

cirisme

I like the pic Knight posted, but I wonder how he got Zakath to pose like that... :D

C

cirisme

I think Knight should have been a little bit stronger in countering Zakath's points. Although, he did an awesome job of introducing things to consider, which makes up the difference well. Good job, Knight! :up:

Jaltus

Well, technically he is not supposed to address Zak's post but only to have his opening remarks. The first post is just to show the kind of case he will be making.

From now on I expect point by point rebuttals.

Good job, Knight! That was a very solid post.

However, that hitting with the chair thing, I don't know if that is moral in ANY one's view, hehe.

Sasquatch

Very interesting... pretty tight opening for Zakath. I think going to Swinebourne for a definition was a good move - he is a heavy hitter for "our" team, fragmented as it is.

Knight... this is a debate, dude. You counter with an appeal to emotion? "Look deep into my eyes... in your heart of hearts, tell me what you really believe..." Augustine, Anselm and Ockham would be proud :rolleyes: This is why J.P Moreland is pulling his hair out! Get to arguing, man!

... but that was a heck of a picture! Some will vote you on top if you just keep putting one of those up each post :D

Peace...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sasquatch states...
Knight... this is a debate, dude.
Like fer sure dude!

TOL is not your average web forum and our structured debates are not like your average structured debates. We are shooting for a little more WWF (errr WWE) than dry formal debates. ;) But thanks for the advice none the less! :D

me again

WHOSE morality is it ?

WHOSE morality is it ?

• Is there such a thing as absolute morality?
Yes, there is, but whose morality is it?

For example, when God told the ancient Hebrews to kill all the men, women, children and even the animals of a particular tribe, whose morality was it? And when the Hebrews did not kill all the animals, but kept them, it displeased God and the Hebrews suffered for their disobedience. Someone might ask "What morality is there in God ordering the Hebrews to kill all the men, women, children and animals???"

The point is that God decides what is moral or immoral. He is the Chief Judge, even if we don’t understand all of His methods. This is a hurdle that unbelievers are unable to cope with.

There is absolute morality and it rest with God.

Sasquatch

Totally Rad, Brah...

I was worried you were trying to hyptnotize him into giving up his position right up front. :D

Peace, and good luck to you...

Goose

ROTFL

You look like a midget for some reason in that pic. I didn't know you were a WWF wrestler? What was your wrestling name?

bill betzler

Did everyone notice that Zakath used a definition of absolute morality that precludes God as the giver of the absolute rules. So by his definition only humans can decide what is absolute. Those philosophers are very tricky.

bill

Status
Not open for further replies.