Battle Royale XII - Pre Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

Lighthouse said:
Okay, let's go over this again. They choose to reject God. Well, there's no place else to go at that point. So, by choosing to reject God, they have indeed chosen to go to hell. Because there is no other choice.

But I will agree with you that it's pretty insane to choose to reject God.

Yes...lets go over it again, to begin with you talked about God "allowing" people to go to the lake of fire as if it would have been a person's choice, you now state that its because people have willingly chosen to reject God as if they 'know' that a literal hell is the choice that they've made....which of course isnt the case at all as you must well know, if any person knew for a fact that a decision or lack of one would result in agonising unending suffering then they'd act accordingly and make the right choice to avoid that....I happen to believe that all people will come to a knowledge of the truth, we're all just people and i sure dont claim credit for being able to repent or believe - in different circumstances I might well have gone down a different path, we're not robots or infallible beings and we make mistakes.....and the gamut of different offshoots even within Christianity can be pretty confusing, at the end of the day your belief system says that God forces people into a place of torment, they only have one chance to choose and then its game over.......i think God has a better plan in place than to pointlessly torment the majority of his creation just in order to make people suffer, either way it wouldnt be a case of god 'alowing' people to walk of their own free will into a fiery pit would it....?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Yes...lets go over it again, to begin with you talked about God "allowing" people to go to the lake of fire as if it would have been a person's choice, you now state that its because people have willingly chosen to reject God as if they 'know' that a literal hell is the choice that they've made....which of course isnt the case at all as you must well know, if any person knew for a fact that a decision or lack of one would result in agonising unending suffering then they'd act accordingly and make the right choice to avoid that....I happen to believe that all people will come to a knowledge of the truth, we're all just people and i sure dont claim credit for being able to repent or believe - in different circumstances I might well have gone down a different path, we're not robots or infallible beings and we make mistakes.....and the gamut of different offshoots even within Christianity can be pretty confusing, at the end of the day your belief system says that God forces people into a place of torment, they only have one chance to choose and then its game over.......i think God has a better plan in place than to pointlessly torment the majority of his creation just in order to make people suffer, either way it wouldnt be a case of god 'alowing' people to walk of their own free will into a fiery pit would it....?
The word of God tells us that they know, whether they admit it or not. And, do you really believe that no one will know the only two choices when they are finally face to face with God? Honestly?

red77

Lighthouse said:
The word of God tells us that they know, whether they admit it or not. And, do you really believe that no one will know the only two choices when they are finally face to face with God? Honestly?

The word of God doesnt say that people know they have a destiny of excruciating torment if they dont make the right choice based on blind faith! I think the passage you refer to means that people may know inside that God is there but thats hardly the same thing - eternal torment isnt part of that equation...

As to your last sentence what do you mean with this? obviously if someone is face to face with God then if they were given the choice of being with God or apart from him then they'd hardly pick the latter, I doubt anyone would or could....but you dont believe they'll have that choice by then do you? You believe that when it comes to the final knowledge of the truth its being carted off to hell and then the lake of fire......Do you see any point in tormenting people for no constructive purpose at all but just to cause immense suffering to helpless beings as being part of God's ultimate divine plan? Honestly?

Ecumenicist

Knight said:
Not to be harsh but I think the verse speaks for itself unless someone is being willfully ignorant.

Thanx to TOL, my skin is pretty thick, so no worries :)

Not willfully ignorant, just trying to get the logical connection here.

"Plain reading" indicates that ol' Zeke had a particular issue with the prince of Tyre,
and probably did view him as a Satanic figure.

Perhaps another way to look at it would be to say that Ezekial had a particular
understanding of what Satan was all about when he wrote this, and as such he
projected this understanding onto the Price of Tyre, who was viewed as a really
bad person.

From the inspired point of view, the same could be said, God's description of Satan
was projected through Ezekial onto the prince of Tyre, thus revealing details about the
nature of Satan through the projection.

OK, I'm with you on this, not necessarily in agreement, but the connection makes sense.

Contextual consistancy would still dictate that if Tyre represents Satan, the other
nations must also represent some characters of the time. Like in Dante's Inferno
or Gullivers Travels, each character represents somebody known in some way by the
author. It wouldn't make sense for Ezekial to project a particular character onto
one nation and not the others.

Dave

Ranana_Kayano

Battle Royale XII Pre Game Thread

Battle Royale XII Pre Game Thread

Oh and by the way.... lets do our best in this thread to STAY ON TOPIC. I want to make sure we are discussing the content of Battle Royale XIII and not getting off an tangents that are unrelated.

Thanks

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh and by the way.... lets do our best in this thread to STAY ON TOPIC. I want to make sure we are discussing the content of Battle Royale XIII and not getting off an tangents that are unrelated.

Thanks

The two and a half year response :squint:​

bybee

Fire!

Fire!

Battle Royale XII: Will unbelievers spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?
pastorkevin vs. logos_x

Battle starts Monday, December 11, 2006.

Discussion on the upcoming battle can be done here.

Yes, unbelievers will be consumed into fire and cease to exist as separate entities before God. Our's is a loving God. Once we pledge our troth to him he does not forsake us. Our's is a merciful God. No doubt, unbelievers will be given opportunity to see the light if they were denied that opportunity during their lifetimes. Our's is a forgiving God. We are finite sinners. We fall short of our God-given abilities, but, with a contrite heart, we are forgiven. We, believers, shall dwell in the presence of our God. As you can see I do not exactly espouse either option. peace, bybee

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:think:

:sherlock:

Looks like The Grandstands "peanut gallery" round two has begun :burnlib:

:mmph: :IA: :sozo2: :reals:

Status
Not open for further replies.