[B]My Views About Jesus[/B]

Ben Masada

MY VIEWS ABOUT JESUS

For more than several times, I have been asked to post a thread on my views about Jesus. Well, here then is how I view Jesus: A religious Jew born with the mission to bring his People into a spiritual revival. Jesus' awakening reform is reflected in Matthew 5:17-19.

Jesus' target was to turn the nation into a State governed by Torah as the constitution of the Jewish People. He was too nationalistic though, which rather being a virtue, would invite misreadings of his personality as we have what happened to Judas.

Although he focused on his private group of 12, he had quite a following. Between the greater multitude and the 12, he had 72 special disciples, whom he would assign certain roles in his Ministry. (Luke 10:1)

I believe his biological parents were indeed Joseph and Mary; and because of a Roman Census in the year 4 BCE, his parents had to go to Bethlehem and Jesus happened to be born. When he was 40 days old, the family returned to Nazareth. He was never in Egypt. The attempt of Matthew to take him there was to plagiarize the call of Israel from Egypt according to Hosea 11:1. "When Israel was a child, from Egypt I called My son."

When he was 13, his parents brought him up to Jerusalem for his Bar Mitvah, and because he was a very gifted child, really precocious, he would indeed impress priests and Teachers of the Law with his wisdom.

From his age 13 till 30, he must have spent his life between helping his father in his Carpentry and with his cousin John the Baptist in an Essene Monastery in preparation for the Rabbinate.

At that time there were two classifications of Rabbis in Israel. Senior Rabbis who would stay in Yeshivas where students would go to, and Junior Rabbis, who operated on an ambulant fashion: Going from place to place preaching and teaching Torah.

Jesus was never more than a Junior Rabbi, as the title was never granted based on wisdom alone but according to seniority. Jesus didn't have even four years as a Rabbi.

I also believe he was married, because the Law was strict about married Rabbis. One wouldn't even start as a single Rabbi. And I believe he married Marry Magdalene because she was the one he loved and was loved by.

I believe he was crucified because among others like him who were ambulant Rabbis, they irritated the Romans who had a policy to arrest any head of a subversive private group and put him to the cross, so that the followers would disperse. Besides, Jesus' disciples would acclaim him king of the Jews in Jerusalem which was a Roman province at the time. Hence his verdict INRI nailed on the top of his cross. But I don't believe he died on the cross. He did survive the cross. After 40 days of his crucifixion he left Israel with his wife, Joseph of Arimathea, and probably his mother, and silence was gold for about 30 years.

When Jesus left he made sure his disciples would continue his work of Torah revival. Then, there was never in the History of Israel a group of more missionary Jews than the Nazarenes. They organized the Sect and started making converts everywhere, even from among the Pharisees. (Acts 15:5)

The Sect became know as the Way. And it grew geometrically, until Paul showed up with a strange gospel about Jesus. Not because Jesus was what Paul preached about him but because he needed him to give rise to his Church of Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

Little by little and until 133 CE, the Nazarenes were absorbed, part into the Church of Paul and part into mainstream Judaism.

These then are my views about Jesus. All the Pauline paraphernalia about Jesus were only sausage fillers. Jesus was Jewish, and anything said about him that contradicts his Faith, which was Judaism, is not true.

Hawkins

I think that you have put too much weigh on the rabbis. The Sanhedrin back then was composed mainly of the Pharisees, the Sadducees. The Jews in majority were under the influence of mainly the Pharisees. Rabbis are simply teachers of the Scripture. Anyone can be called a rabbi.

It is after AD200 that rabbis became significant as the Pharisees and Sudducees were gone and so was the Sanhedrin. Some unauthenticated rabbis popping from no where trying to revive Judaism.

Ben Masada

I think that you have put too much weigh on the rabbis. The Sanhedrin back then was composed mainly of the Pharisees, the Sadducees. The Jews in majority were under the influence of mainly the Pharisees. Rabbis are simply teachers of the Scripture. Anyone can be called a rabbi.

It is after AD200 that rabbis became significant as the Pharisees and Sudducees were gone and so was the Sanhedrin. Some unauthenticated rabbis popping from no where trying to revive Judaism.

"Trying to revive Judaism!!!" Hawkins, Judaism is alive and kicking! Judaism has never died in spite of all attempts of Christianity to replace it with itself. Even when the Jews were forced into exile, Judaism would branch itself in different soils.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, Ben, you reject Jesus as the Christ and Jesus rejects you as a Jew.

Circumcision of the heart is what counts, not circumcision of the flesh.

That ended long ago. You're not a Jew in Jesus' estimation.

Ben Masada

Well, Ben, you reject Jesus as the Christ and Jesus rejects you as a Jew.

Circumcision of the heart is what counts, not circumcision of the flesh.

That ended long ago. You're not a Jew in Jesus' estimation.

The point is that Jesus was not Christ as an individual. Do you even know what the word "Christ" mean? It means the Anointed One of the Lord. If you read Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save HIS PEOPLE; to save His Anointed One." That's what "Christ" is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23. Jesus was Christ no doubt, but as part of Israel for 33 years of his life.

Jesus would not reject me as a Jew for two reasons. First because he is dead and second because I am not a Gentile. How so! Thus: Every time he sent his disciples in a mission to spread the gospel of salvation, he would forbid them to go the way of the Gentiles, especially Samaritans. That's in Matthew 10:5,6. I don't believe he did that but hey, it is written in your own Bible aka the NT. Isn't tragic!