Atlantis is the Eye of the Sahara???

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This unusual formation is called the Eye of the Sahara.

eye-of-the-sahara-685434.jpg

The circular part of the eye (the iris, so to speak) is about 25 miles wide.

Located in the Sahara Desert in North West Africa near the Atlantic Ocean.

The-%E2%80%98Eye-of-Sahara-by-ESA-3.jpg

Home of some rare (and very old) meteorite samples.

s-l400.jpg

The following 25 minute video has pics of all this and suggests that it is the famous lost city of Atlantis.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This unusual formation is called the Eye of the Sahara.

eye-of-the-sahara-685434.jpg

The circular part of the eye (the iris, so to speak) is about 25 miles wide.

Located in the Sahara Desert in North West Africa near the Atlantic Ocean.

The-%E2%80%98Eye-of-Sahara-by-ESA-3.jpg

Home of some rare (and very old) meteorite samples.

s-l400.jpg

The following 25 minute video has pics of all this and suggests that it is the famous lost city of Atlantis.

I think it makes sense. And it fits a biblical global flood model even better.

For some reason a population went into Africa after Babel through a desert? I don't think so since there were easier paths to spread out to. And humans, especially when under stress traveling into the unknown, will take the easier path. Instead I think the maps showing a river through the Sahara were accurate, and they followed that and established "Atlantis". But something happened since the earth was still unsettled, and coupled with possible ice dam failure, caused the wipe-out we see in the Sahara today.

But where this really fits is in the DNA evidence. When this catastrophe happened in the Sahara, there were already people seeded into sub-Saharan areas. But the catastrophe of the Sahara caused those populations a great deal of stress. Dr. Carter notes that all sub-Saharan populations show higher DNA variation between each other than populations between Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. Why this variation? When the wipe-out happened, those small African populations were effectively cut off from the other major population centers north and east. Their lives became very hard for a number of generations causing the DNA variation we see the echo of today.

That's my speculation anyhow.